Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Bus fare???

• 05-01-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be moving to Caherdavin in the next few weeks and as I work in the city I'm thinking the bus might be the most straight forward way to get into work.

The bus Eireann website is so hard to navigate, does anyone have any advise on the cheapest fare for travel Monday-Friday? What I'm seeing at the moment is telling me the bus will cost the same as what parking in the city is costing me at them moment - surely that can't be right??

Also does anyone have any advise on the Limerick bus service? Is it efficient and generally on time?

Thanking you! :cool:
    Kate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you get a Leap Card it will cost you €1.61 a journey or €74 for a calendar month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,012 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

City bus fares in nauseating detail here: http://www.limericktransport.info/2016/09/bus-fares-prices-tickets-where-to-buy-bus-tickets.html

Caherdavin is served by Bus Éireann.

If your company is part of Tax-Saver, then a monthly ticket is just over €30, so well worth it.

In Galway Bus Éireann have chosen to ignore the over 7.5km fare, except on one route where the fare used to be even higher. Suspect similar has happened in Limerick, but don't know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'd considering cycling if I was living in Caherdavin. It's an easy trip and obviously cheaper. The busses can be frustrating because they often don't turn up on time or at all, they cost money, get stuck in traffic and you've no flexibility with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

It's not a long walk either, save the bus for rainy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

City bus fares in nauseating detail here: http://www.limericktransport.info/2016/09/bus-fares-prices-tickets-where-to-buy-bus-tickets.html

Caherdavin is served by Bus Éireann.

If your company is part of Tax-Saver, then a monthly ticket is just over €30, so well worth it.

In Galway Bus Éireann have chosen to ignore the over 7.5km fare, except on one route where the fare used to be even higher. Suspect similar has happened in Limerick, but don't know for sure.

wow the bus has become expensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Relying on the bus is a nightmare in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I thought €2.30 was the standard fare, never knew there were other fares for longer distance.

Advertisement