If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" 4k Tv recommendation: Samsung UE55MU7000?

Options
  • 05-01-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 55" 4k Tv this week (as a birthday present for myself!). After a lot of confusing research, i'm angling toward the Samsung UE55MU7000. Are there any other Tvs you would recommend?

It will be used for Media streaming, Sports and some gaming. £800 is about the limit of my budget.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 55" 4k Tv this week (as a birthday present for myself!). After a lot of confusing research, i'm angling toward the Samsung UE55MU7000. Are there any other Tvs you would recommend?

It will be used for Media streaming, Sports and some gaming. £800 is about the limit of my budget.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Slap Tantrum.

At the moment the 55MU7000 is one of the best value for money at its current price of £799.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Stock is selling very quickly on this. Also includes our 6 year guarantee.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 slap tantrum

Hi Slap Tantrum.

At the moment the 55MU7000 is one of the best value for money at its current price of £799.00

Hi Kenny, thanks for your reply. Is your guarantee on top of Samsungs own 5 year warranty for this TV?
    Also, when would I have to order by to ensure delivery on thurs / Friday next week? I Iive in the Dublin 7 area.
    Lastly, any budge on the price? Since it's my birthday and all!

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Slap Tantrum.

Hi Kenny, thanks for your reply. Is your guarantee on top of Samsungs own 5 year warranty for this TV?
    Also, when would I have to order by to ensure delivery on thurs / Friday next week?  I Iive in the Dublin 7 area.
    Lastly, any budge on the price? Since it's my birthday and all!

Thanks again.
    Hi Slap Tantrum.

Unfortunately the 55MU7000 is already reduced as part of our boxing day sales.

Our 6 year guarantee is our own guarantee. Our 6 year runs from date of purchase for the duration of the 6 years and can not be added to or extended past the 6 years.

I don't think Samsung offer a 5 year guarantee on their products as on the Samsung website is states 1 Year for TV's over 37".
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Normal manufacturers warranties are one year. There are some exceptions like Denon or Yamaha which have two years on some products and I know that Panasonic sometimes offer their own 5 year on some of their TV's.
    Samsung do offer a 10 year screen burn warranty on some of their TV's but this only protects against screen burn and not other faults.

For delivery to take place next Thursday or Friday you would need to order before Wednesday.

Any questions let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.