Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uppababy vista

Options
  • 05-01-2018 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi. I have been looking at this travel system..really like fact that buggy can be used as pram for lying flat etc and that i can fold upright. Has anyone used it? I'll be based in dublin but will be using it down the country too on somewhat rougher terrain.
    Are the maxi cosy car seats/carrycot considered the best to use or are the ones that come with travel systems ok..they are cheaper than maxi cos. I was looking at maxi cosy pebble.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, we have had 2014 and the 2015 one.(long story). love it.The 2015 one is a good inch wider though, although I believe the latest one has slimmed down a bit again.I can't fault it other than to say it is heavy-ish but I haven't found it any heavier than any other travel system in that range.
    Maxi Cosi works fine.Not sure about the one that comes with it, but just check would it fit into your car ok, I don't know if it's Isofix or how it would work.
    Check your front door width to see that it will fit through and check your car boot to see it fits.Otherwise, we are heading for baby no.3 and sticking with it.It has repaid it's value many times over at this stage, I'm a fan personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

We have another travel system but was advised by a work colleague that the Vista was quite heavy and she didn't like hers due to its width & just general size.
    I have a friend who has the 2017 version and it does seem to be a bit slimmer than when we looked in 2016 , but the back wheels bug me! They seem to be further out than the rest of the buggy?! Obviously a very minor thing!! They are extremely popular atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Just bought one for our second child. I resisted buying one for the first, got a Cosatto Giggle 2 which worked well but the wife finally convinced me we needed the Vista to fit both kids.

Great piece of kit to push and stores easily when folded up. The back wheels are quite wide, but not so much that its an issue.

I baulked at the price of the 2017 model, so after a bit of digging online found a new 2015 model from a UK website. Came in a few cents either side of €700, which is a big reduction on the shop price.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Thanks very much. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I'm getting the uppababy vista too on a recommendation from 4friends. This year's version is slimmer than previous. Also getting the maximum cosi pebble plus. A gp friend with two kids recommended it, said it's the only one she'd use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

We have the 2017 version and we love it. It's our first so really didn't have a clue. So easy to manoeuvre with one hand if needed. We had a choice between 2 for the car seat with the package. We got the maxi cosy. I wish now we had went for the other(can't remember the name of it) as I can't release the seat from its base. The release button is in a really awkward place and you have to use your left hand as you pull the button and use your thumb to push up. I don't have enough strength to do this. We had to go and buy a universal base that I could use. That cost a whopping €170!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We have the 2014 version - the 2015 one was only released when our daughter was born in 2015. I absolutely love it, still use it all the time as our main buggy - it’s so easy and comfortable to push and super manoueuverable

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We have the uppababy 2015 and love it. Only complaint is it’s a bit wide but you get used to it. The huge basket is brilliant.

We upgraded the car seat and went for the besafe I size. Can use the same iso fix base for the next seat too which can also be kept rear facing. It had a 5 point harness which we preferred over most of the others which were 3 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Besafe. Thats the name of the other seat we could haveve picked. My friend picked this one. They have a 6mth old. The release button on the base is so much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We bought ours in January last year. Pretty good however two things are a bit of a pain due to the width of the back wheels.

We both have hatchback cars, a Golf and an i30 and we have to take one of the wheels off to put it in the boot.

For negotiating around tight areas like in a restaurant it's a hoor to get around.

Honestly if we were buying again we would go for something that isn't as wide.

Other than that though it's a decent bit of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

If I were buying an infant car seat now I’d get the besafe rather than maxi Cosi. I just don’t think the three point harness is secure enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

Be safe here and we love it as does baby. She is very comfortable in it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

We got the 2015 model of the Vista for a bargain on Amazon. Separately bought the Kiddy Evoluna i-Size car seat. Which.co.uk gave it great results in safety testing and as it’s rear facing lie-flat in can be used in the car or on the Vista without time restrictions. Other car seats you need to take baby out of seat after 1.5 hrs and the shape isn’t great for their lungs or spine. The Kiddy is much safer without the risk of suffocation. It fits on the Vista with the adapters provided.

The Vista is chunky but it’s exactly what we need for country terrain. Reviews are all great so can’t wait to start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

I looked at the uppababy and asked a friend who has one, she thought it was OK albeit rather wide - it's hard to get into some shops, I tried it in the shop and liked it but I wouldn't say I was thrilled with it. I thought the price was ridiculous too so I went with the Uberchild and was absolubalty delighted with it and at 260 euro without the car seat for the buggy and cot it was well worth it and I thought much sturdier than the uppababy! The car seat though I went with one of the lie flat ones to stop the baby suffocating - the kiddy evo lunafix, which I would also highly recommend, not cheap but well worth it as that's the bit that really counts, plus I saved so much on the buggy that it made up for it!:) It's a minefield!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

One benefit of the vista is the basket space. I laughed that off as a consideration for our first buggy, but pushing a buggy while carrying 3 bags of shopping isnt fun. The vista has a huge basket - easily x3 our last one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We bought ours in January last year. Pretty good however two things are a bit of a pain due to the width of the back wheels.

We both have hatchback cars, a Golf and an i30 and we have to take one of the wheels off to put it in the boot.

For negotiating around tight areas like in a restaurant it's a hoor to get around.

Honestly if we were buying again we would go for something that isn't as wide.

Other than that though it's a decent bit of kit.

Just to note, I have a golf.The 2014 vista fits in a golf boot.The 2015 needs a wheel taken off.Like I said I believe the 2016/17 model has gone slightly smaller, back to the 2014 size so that might fit properly.

The restaurant thing...you get over.To be honest, once they are up and walking properly you are not in restaurants with buggies unless you have an exceptionally well-behaved toddler.We do brief coffee shop visits and generally all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

I looked at the uppababy and asked a friend who has one, she thought it was OK albeit rather wide - it's hard to get into some shops, I tried it in the shop and liked it but I wouldn't say I was thrilled with it. I thought the price was ridiculous too so I went with the Uberchild and was absolubalty delighted with it and at 260 euro without the car seat for the buggy and cot it was well worth it and I thought much sturdier than the uppababy! The car seat though I went with one of the lie flat ones to stop the baby suffocating - the kiddy evo lunafix, which I would also highly recommend, not cheap but well worth it as that's the bit that really counts, plus I saved so much on the buggy that it made up for it!:) It's a minefield!!:D

The uberchild travel systems looks great and very reasonable price! How did you get on with yours? Are they just online or do they have a shop anywhere? This is my first so don't have a clue! Any recommendations for a good affordable travel system? I have a Seat Leon so similar size to a golf but it's a three door! Hoping it will be ok when baby comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

We have a ford focus. I popped into bella baby and mamas n papas..its overwhelming alright. Love the look of the "egg" expensive though. Anyone know about mamas n papas "occaro"?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Jillapino - they are only online, but loved mine, i didn't buy the whole travel system as wanted a better car seat that was lie flat, but I love the buggy!:)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I haven't actually used it day to day yet but I got the 2017 one for my little girl, due in a couple of weeks. I drive a people carrier so boot space isn't an issue for me as I have the two rear seats folded down. Hubby drives a kia ceed and it fits in his boot on its side. I lifted it into the car the other day when we were collecting it and didn't find it very heavy - our old Quinny Buzz was probably heavier and bulkier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Driving an Opel Astra 2008 Hatchback and the 2016 version fits in, with a bit of wriggling. Overall we are happy, as it is easy enough just a bit on the heavy side. Basket for the shopping is really handy, as even when going for a walk it is easy to simply jump in for shopping and store it there.
    But what pisses me off is that for to make it a double buggy you need all those adapters, fair enough, but why is it so designed that you cannot use the Rumble seat in front and you need to buy an extra smaller toddler seat for 220 Euros?

Advertisement