Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subway sub €2

• 05-01-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,670 ✭✭✭✭

Buy a 15.24cm Spicy Italian sub for €2 at Subway
    08/01/18 - 21/01/18

Says participating outlets
    *6"
    *normally €4.10
    XGInDDK.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

On iPhone..... can u throw up the 6 stores??? Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Masala wrote: »
    On iPhone..... can u throw up the 6 stores??? Ta

That’s 6 inch sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

That’s 6 inch sub

....Sorry - my bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Yummy triple decker sambos 1.99 in aldi all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

CeilingFly wrote:
    Yummy triple decker sambos 1.99 in aldi all the time.

Not the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

2.7g salt...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Esel wrote: »
    2.7g salt...
    yeah but you can add more ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

15.24 cm sub :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Do you have to print this off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Is there a link to this offer?
    I can't find it on the website.

Would like a list of participating stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Participating store list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice. Pretty much will be eating one a day on my lunch I'd say from tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,670 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone have feedback. Have they scrimped on the ingredients as it's an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

zell12 wrote: »

Your average 'sandwich artist' is not going to be arsed scrimping on ingredients if they are told to by the higher-ups. Sounds like a conspiracy theory in the making to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Doubt it. Costs about 34 cents to make a 6” roll anyway. The food in Subway is of particularly cheap and poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Went into spar little island. Despite it being on the list your one had no idea what I was talking about. Eventually some bloke came along and I got it. Was horrible anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Went into spar little island. Despite it being on the list your one had no idea what I was talking about. Eventually some bloke came along and I got it. Was horrible anyway.

Same in the subway on Baggot Street but was delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Surprisingly nice sandwich for €2 thanks OP, feck paying €4+ for that though. I hadn't been in Subway for years since their prices went crazy.

Subway isn't badly priced really when you can get most footlongs and a drink for 6 euro, well all I ever get is a BMT. I'm go every week and I can't make myself get a different filling the BMT is jsut so nice. 6 inch subs are are expensive in fainress at 4 euro and far too small anyway so would never get one.

I pay between 4.50 and 5.50 most days in various different places for a takwaway sandwich so the subway prices are comparabile especially considering you get a drink. I also get a free one every few months with the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I mainly have only been there when offers were on, I noticed no difference/skimping, in fact I was suspicious that they were trying to upsell me into getting extras that were no in to offer -as they kept asking if I wanted this n that.
    The food in Subway is of particularly cheap and poor quality.
    Yeah, terrible compared to those top notch organic, corn fed, free range chickens you get in those 2euro chicken fillet rolls.

rubadub wrote: »
    I mainly have only been there when offers were on, I noticed no difference/skimping, in fact I was suspicious that they were trying to upsell me into getting extras that were no in to offer -as they kept asking if I wanted this n that.

How full your sandwich is in subway is totally down to the person filling it. I've eaten in subway at least once a week for the last 3 or 4 years and 90% of that has been in one particular subway so I've seen lots of staff come and go and I always knew which people would fill it more than others, one person in particular who makes my sandwich regularly absolutely packs it (the meat is fixed but I basically ask for all the salads too so if the person fills it its really full). New people were usually the people to fill it least, afraid of getting in trouble for filling no doubt.

I'd often ask for more of something too if I felt it was skimped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

I had this today for lunch. A good buy at €2 but I certainly wouldn't pay full price when better options are available elsewhere around the €4 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

toe_knee wrote: »
    yeah but you can add more

As good a reply as we are likely to see to pretty much anything this year. Take a bow Sir! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I had this today for lunch. A good buy at €2 but I certainly wouldn't pay full price when better options are available elsewhere around the €4 mark.

The meatball sub wouldn't be my favorite, but there are a range of subs available for €4 with a drink included and I think they're pretty much unbeatable.

The way the bread is designed you can fit twice as much veg into them compared to normal deli rolls...and staff never say no to whatever you ask for.

I can't think of what I'd get for €4 that would be better really in terms of a sandwich. Dunnes do a roll + drink for €4 also but I think Subway is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Romayos chipper chain are doing 2euro wraps this week, but only 12-4pm and not deliveries. Their lunch deals are good anyway, I think the wraps are usually 4.50
    How full your sandwich is in subway is totally down to the person filling it...

I'd often ask for more of something too if I felt it was skimped on.
    I would guess some subs are less likely to be skimped on. e.g. I would imagine the meatball marinara has a specified amount of meatballs to put in. Not sure if there are others. But yeah, newbies tend to be more cautious, then you get the motherly auld dears who see a big hungry lad like me coming in and they want to feed them up :pac:

A chipper near me had vouchers that could be bought online for a while, like 10 euro worth of food for 6euro. They totally skimped if you got say a doner kebab, but you cannot really skimp on a half pounder, which would be around the same price.

The "skimpers" on discounted food are stupid, I do not mind paying less and getting what is explicitly called a "mini kebab" on offer for a temporary time -a full kebab is often too much and it is nice to get a taste of what to expect from the place without forking out full price. But is it stupid to be seemingly giving a full portion at half price but skimping -since I leave the place going "hmm, tasted nice, but no way I would pay twice the price for that in future".

rubadub wrote: »

I would guess some subs are less likely to be skimped on. e.g. I would imagine the meatball marinara has a specified amount of meatballs to put in. Not sure if there are others. But yeah, newbies tend to be more cautious, then you get the motherly auld dears who see a big hungry lad like me coming in and they want to feed them up :pac:

The meat and cheese are fixed for all subs, its the salads that can see a big variation and really can make a difference in feeling properly full and not after your sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mass confusion with this, but tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh just had a really nasty one there, ingredients tasted like theyd been in the fridge too long, thats me finished with Subway for another few years :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 pepe silvia

Thargor wrote: »
    Ugh just had a really nasty one there, ingredients tasted like theyd been in the fridge too long, thats me finished with Subway for another few years :D

Some places are so much better than others it's unreal, can be stale as f*ck or fresh out depending on the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

moeblogs wrote: »
    Participating store list

thanks

Advertisement