Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

think i know who you are on about my man was more stick up his ass superior

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

That must be the crecora man with the famous name and big sour head on him 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Missed the Na Piarsaigh game last night. It was a good win even if they were holding on at the end. They ll improve. It's a 3 horse race in my view with Na Piarsaigh, Kilmallock and Doon. Id put Doon third out of the 3 if only because of them never winning it before and struggling to get over Na Piarsaigh

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

NaP ahead for the first half but when the game went level in the second both teams missed great chances to pull ahead and Hennessy made a cracking double save when the game was really in the balance. NaP just that little bit better with breaking ball, rucks and moving it out of the tight spots.

What a player O'Brien looks too. Turned top class defenders on a number of occasions and 3 backs ended with yellows for cynical pulls because of his movement.

Fixtures for the club championship are an absolute joke.

Why the hell is NaP vs Patrickswell on in Killmallock on Saturday evening. Not exactly enticing people to go to games.

• Advertisement

Billy Lee leaves his role as Limerick senior football manager. Massive blow for Limerick football. Wonder will Mick Bohan will be tempted to take over the Shannonsiders?

That's a pity. He done way way better than expected given the trying circumstances.

Was on of the longest running managers in Football this year too.

Rumours flying around of a lack of support and resources for Billy Lee, as he sought to bring Limerick football to the next level and compete in division one league football and compete for provincial and All Ireland championships.

It would appear that the fortunes of Limerick hurling far outweigh the best interests of football in the Shannonsiders with the county board there. Where’s the football board in all this? There always have been rumours of Billy Lee getting peanuts re resources compared to John Kiely and co.

It's not a rumour. It's public knowledge that Limerick is very much hurling GAA wise and practically always has been.

Whoever is telling you Billy Lee thinks we can compete for the All Ireland is spoofing or winding you up.

The Limerick U15 A and U16 A squad hurlers are in the finals of their respective All Ireland competitions today across the country. The U14 A hurlers are leading Clare by 3-6 to 0-4 at HT in their match today too.

Looks like the Limerick juggernaut is far from over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

How's it the U14s were not in the Tony Forristal competition this weekend just gone? Do you need to qualify for it or something?

What's the story with Limerick TV. It says €10 for a year but it won't let you watch the next round.

Is it €10 a match or season ?

Also small crowd at the game. Why are all these games on Saturday night and what clown is picking the venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

It's a tenner per match. I think the reference to a year is just how long you have access to that one video for......pricey enough and they are streaming much fewer games than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Entry even for Junior matches is €10 - I think it’s crazy stuff.

Match out in Staker Wallaces’ pitch last night featuring Blackrock who were effectively out anyway

€30 for 2 adults and 2 kids (fiver for kids)

Stupid stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I would say the thinking is to get a good crowd into Kilmallock for a Saturday evening and hope as many as possible stick around for a few hours and spend their dosh in the local pubs. These pubs have held infleunce on fixtures for donkeys years and the current county board secretary is a local. While the pitch out there is average to good but not excellent, the venue itself is dire and outdated.

Like something from Eastern Europe from the 1950's.

Not much good hoping for pints in a town with no public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

can anyone tell me when the snr county final is scheduled for?

Out of interest do you have the dates for the 1/4, 1/2 and Final of the Junior Championship? Can’t find it online

I only have what Google tells me so if you can't find it I wouldn't either.

There is a chance junior is not set in case a clubs football team causes a clash. That's just a guess.

• Advertisement

That's very late can't see why it's so late doesn't make sense to me it's mid September now so another 6 weeks? crazy

This is split season issues unfortunately, trying to fit football and hurling

Last group games this weekend, football weekend after that

Then you’ve got 1/4s, 1/2s and Final to play in Hurling and you’ve got Football’s Knockout stage in between then

From my own contacts (many clubs’ players/management) the burnout from dual players is ridiculous - and it gets beyond messy then when management for one discipline are trying to organise challenge matches to get them back into things after their ‘break’ for the other discipline

1 more round of groups then QF, SF and final.

Only fair to have a break between later rounds.

Yea I guessed all that I suppose these things take time. I do not know the solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

wonder will they up the charges for knock out rounds grates paying 10 euro for junior hurling as it is.County board seems to think there is a bottomless pit around at the moment could be counter productive in the long term .Most of the people attending matches are the first to put there hands in there pockets for there own clubs.Now you have the training top back down imagine having a couple of kids looking for these at 150 each

That’s the problem - I don’t know what the happy solution is either - I suppose there’ll be some fiddling with it for a few years until a somewhat majority is happy to an extent!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

From latest master fixture list I received: Woodlands House Hotel County Junior A Hurling Championship Quarter Final – 08/09th Oct  

Woodlands House Hotel County Junior A Hurling Championship Semi Final – 15/16th Oct

Woodlands House Hotel County Junior A Hurling Championship Final – 29/30th Oct 

Thank you for that

So its NaP and Kilmallock through to the semis (15/16th) with Doon, Well, Liberties and Kildimo in the quarters (8-10th)

Adare drop to group 2 being replaced by Kildimo and Blackrock are down to P. intermediate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

So after today we now know the pairings for hurling semi-finals.

Senior: Na Piarsaigh v South Liberties.

Kilmallock V Doon.

Liberties become the first team from Group B or second tier to take a Group A scalp since the new formation was established.

Kildimo/Pallas pushed Doon all the way yesterday and will be more than pleased with their season.

Premier Intermediate:

Monaleen V Effin

NCW V Bruff

Intermediate:

Na Piarsaigh and Croagh/Kilfinny still awaiting their semi-final opponents

Junior:

Patrickswell, Drom/Broad, Killeedy in semis with St.Kierans and Kilteely-Dromkeen to decide the final spot.

Think what stands out from this is the fine spread of clubs from throughout the county competing for honours. Great to see.

On a side note, i'm hearing Cathal O'Neill scored an incredible 17 points today in atrocious conditions, and even more incredible, he finished on the losing side.

Advertisement