Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Always found KK fans to be a classy bunch in victory, finally got to discover yesterday that they’re pretty much just as classy in defeat.

I suppose its the luck of the draw who you sit beside in my case i was alongside a kk supporter that roared abuse and f'd and blinded all game long and at final whistle ran out the gate. They're in all counties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

lim4ev wrote: »
    I suppose its the luck of the draw who you sit beside in my case i was alongside a kk supporter that roared abuse and f'd and blinded all game long and at final whistle ran out the gate. They're in all counties

Sounds like the same fellas I was beside! They were giving it large until Gillane scored the free and they made a break for it then - "are ye off lads?"

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Guys theres been very little talk on the goal chances. I was very disappointed in most of the attempts and as good a goalie as Murphy is we made him a "hero".
    1st chance- Gillane, great catch, hurley held . takes 3 steps and kicks for top corner nearest the keeper. Saved. could have gone far corner and low.
    2nd chance- Flanagan. Not a natural goal scorer but iv faith he will improve. Soloed in and a poor decision to pass. Could have soloed in more and then a low shot to goalies nearside..
    3rd chance- Hegarty- Soloed in and did great to get a shot off. Good effort but again a little too near the keeper
    4th chance-flanagan. Poor control of Hegartys pass and chance gone. Could have caught it first time and burst through for 1 on 1 or penalty 
    5th chance-Gillane. great catch and good run, poor nothing shot for top of the net. Could have continued his solo  and struck low across the keeper to farside corner.
    All shots should be hit to where the goalie isnt and that takes him out of the equation completely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

BloodyBill wrote: »
    5th chance-Gillane. great catch and good run, poor nothing shot for top of the net. Could have continued his solo and struck low across the keeper to farside corner.
    Yeah, couldn't understand why he didn't continue his run into empty space. Panicked and shot far too soon. Truth be told, I'd still consider the Clare forwards to be more lethal than ours, every one a matchwinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

There was a game earlier in the year in the league and I remember gillane shooting from 20 yards and hitting the cross bar, you can't be giving top glasses goalies a chance by going high from that far out, see the whites of their eyes and bury it - JK will have a word surely

Hegarty done well to get a shot off, wouldn't be critical there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Guys theres been very little talk on the goal chances. I was very disappointed in most of the attempts and as good a goalie as Murphy is we made him a "hero".
    1st chance- Gillane, great catch, hurley held . takes 3 steps and kicks for top corner nearest the keeper. Saved. could have gone far corner and low.
    2nd chance- Flanagan. Not a natural goal scorer but iv faith he will improve. Soloed in and a poor decision to pass. Could have soloed in more and then a low shot to goalies nearside..
    3rd chance- Hegarty- Soloed in and did great to get a shot off. Good effort but again a little too near the keeper
    4th chance-flanagan. Poor control of Hegartys pass and chance gone. Could have caught it first time and burst through for 1 on 1 or penalty 
    5th chance-Gillane. great catch and good run, poor nothing shot for top of the net. Could have continued his solo  and struck low across the keeper to farside corner.
    All shots should be hit to where the goalie isnt and that takes him out of the equation completely

Agree but very positive that we were able to cut them open for the chances. This is something that was missing in previous years where we carried little to no goal threat. I think on another day we would have scored at least 2 of those. Some poor execution for sure but it was helter skelter out there so wouldn’t be too hard on em. Think they will be more ruthless next time the opportunity presents.

Flanagan also passed when he should have scored 2 points, he will return to his lethal self for the red jersey I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Browney7 wrote: »
    Sounds like the same fellas I was beside! They were giving it large until Gillane scored the free and they made a break for it then - "are ye off lads?"

Jesus lads we must have been the only limerick lads in that section. I was sitting directly in front of them haha. It was all Kilkenny in that section, nearly blew the roof off the place when Hogan scored. The rest of the Kilkenny fans seemed grand , there's always one or two idiots. Any time I shouted for a free from the ref they were saying shut up ha

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

There will be a huge crowd at the semi final. Probably around the 70k mark. With all roadworks at Naas it will be a case of leaving very early. The train might not be a bad option. I assune extra time is to be played if its a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Had the same behind us to the point one of the lads had to tell him pipe down or would be given a hand in doing so. Couldnt help making a remark everytime one of the girls with us cheered or made a comment.

As you say, youll get that among all groups unfortunately. But youd think a couty that has won on so many occasions wouldnt begrudge or be nasty towards one so long out in the cold.
    pajoguy wrote: »
    There will be a huge crowd at the semi final. Probably around the 70k mark. With all roadworks at Naas it will be a case of leaving very early. The train might not be a bad option. I assune extra time is to be played if its a draw.

Trains that would have you in ahead of throw in are already fully booked out I heard.

• Advertisement

Had the same behind us to the point one of the lads had to tell him pipe down or would be given a hand in doing so. Couldnt help making a remark everytime one of the girls with us cheered or made a comment.

As you say, youll get that among all groups unfortunately. But youd think a couty that has won on so many occasions wouldnt begrudge or be nasty towards one so long out in the cold.

Trains that would have you in ahead of throw in are already fully booked out I heard.

Still some tickets left for the 12.25 that would have you there at 2.30. Only semi flex and fully flexible left though cheapest is 28.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Anyone been able to get decent tickets on tickets.ie the last few hours? Only being offered endline at the hill 16 end of the Hogan at the minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

Browney7 wrote: »
    Anyone been able to get decent tickets on tickets.ie the last few hours? Only being offered endline at the hill 16 end of the Hogan at the minute...

I was the same yesterday and then around 12 o’clock better tickets opened up so it might be the same today. Got 308 in the lower Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Any idea if they've added a special train for it already or is it due to go up? All going up are pretty much gone anytime after 12 isn't much good to soak in the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

pajoguy wrote: »
    I assune extra time is to be played if its a draw.

Yes you are right

Only finals – provincial and All-Ireland – will continue to go to a replay after teams have been level on 70 minutes. All other provincial championship matches, as well as All-Ireland quarter-finals and semi-finals, will have two periods of extra time, lasting 10 minutes each. If the sides are still level at that stage, a replay will be required.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-s-new-rules-on-avoiding-replays-have-come-into-operation-1.3489641

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Can people in glass houses throw stones, the limerick supporters must like to drink early a lad had to be removed from the stand where we were last sunday at the end of the minor game.

There was a huge fight between about 15 limerick fellas on the way out of the cork game - rough stuff, there will be plenty of em looking for trouble with the local dubs on the way in and out sunday week

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

There was a huge fight between about 15 limerick fellas on the way out of the cork game - rough stuff, there will be plenty of em looking for trouble with the local dubs on the way in and out sunday week

Embarrassing stuff ...

Yeah unfortunately we have some support going to games just to cause trouble, they probably wouldn't know the name of a player if you asked them. Here's hoping there is no trouble in croke park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Yeah unfortunately we have some support going to games just to cause trouble, they probably wouldn't know the name of a player if you asked them. Here's hoping there is no trouble in croke park

Have rarely seen trouble at croke park from the limerick fans. It's more of the opposite, with Limerick "fans" jumping on the bandwagon and getting tickets for the big games while also not knowing one players name. Although I'd prefer these kind of fans to those other muppets that cause trouble

• Advertisement

Oh we've plenty of yokes as well no doubt about it as i originally said there in every county i think i came across that scrap coming out of cork game if its the same one it wasnt much from what i saw and was over in seconds but of course was disgusted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Early weather indications are for rain and a lot of it on Sunday next.

V quiet here considering whats coming up how do we see this going it could be epic calling a winner looks folly to me it could go either way i dont see a situation where either team could win well. Theres rumours around that harnedy could be in trouble he'd be a huge loss but I'd be surprised if he didnt play. V quiet in Limerick no hype whatsoever as far as i see

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

There is a four page special in the Limerick Post but it is very quiet ok, lessons might have been learnt in the build up to the Clare match in Ennis. But I do think there is a quiet optimism for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

angeleyes wrote: »
    There is a four page special in the Limerick Post but it is very quiet ok, lessons might have been learnt in the build up to the Clare match in Ennis. But I do think there is a quiet optimism for Sunday.

14 page preview in the leader...... Other than that, quiet optimism as you say. Expecting a massive crowd on Sunday too, 60,000 tickets sold already I think

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Anyone care to predict the Clare and Galway match? I think Clare could cause an upset and win.

Anyone care to predict the Clare and Galway match? I think Clare could cause an upset and win.

Wouldn't be a huge surprise if they did. Re the hype and newspapers i think thats ok thats far from hype there is a big interest in this game maybe 14 pages is that what was said is too much but its great to be talking and reading bout hurling than rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

As a Clare man, I simply can't see us beating Galway, just not physical enough (assuming Galway turn up of course).

Sunday however is really difficult to call, as a neutral I'm really looking forward to it. It has all the makings of a cracker.
    Both sides well entitled to be quietly confident

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Clare will win and surprise alot of people. Galway never dominate a team on the scoreboard and Clare are going to show up Galways halfback line. Iv great respect for Galway but the way they let Kilkenny back at them in the Leinster finals is worrying. If Clare manage to get a lead then it 'll put Galway in all sorts of bother. I fancy O Donnell to do damage aswell.
    The other semi I find harder to call. If Limerick bring their A game then they might just pip Cork. If they can avoid fouling or getting penalised for fouling then great. I would like to see Limerick being ultra aggressive on the Cork.pucl out and get a few goals..not attempts actually onion sack busters. So a Clare v Limerick final for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

At this point 2 days before the semi-f's all 4 Teams have valid reasons to believe. Galway must be favorites for the AI based on their ferocious display in the replayed Leinster Final.
    Clare are hard to judge, there's a dogged determination in them and it seems from outside they're not loved by their followers up to now, I think that suits the Clare psyche, in McInerney and Kelly they've matchwinners... if they are in top form, but I think Galway have a stronger panel and that will swing it I believe...
    I think that will also be the case for Limerick...
    Galway V Limerick AI Final for me...

Advertisement