Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

We get turned over by Clare, Cork win handily against them but we get a draw v Cork with a man less... it's tough to analyse. I for one am happier to be meeting Cork than Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

We get turned over by Clare, Cork win handily against them but we get a draw v Cork with a man less... it's tough to analyse. I for one am happier to be meeting Cork than Clare.

Rumors that Harnedy could be injured. Could be bull**** but would be huge blow for them if it’s true

slegs wrote: »
    Rumors that Harnedy could be injured. Could be bull**** but would be huge blow for them if it’s true
    Just mind games by them apparently... embarrassing really.

Yes, very embarrassing if they are at that kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Harnedy will play - call it mind games or whatever but he'll be hopping off the ground on Sunday. Hannon will have his hands full so needs support from the two midfielders. Expect our full forward line to split the half and full back lines and crowd between the 45s.

Quiet optimism is how I'd describe it alright and agree that it's tough to call a winner. I'd hope we can get a bit of a jump on Cork at the start - bit of a layoff for them and we had the battle with Kilkenny so maybe intensity wise in the first 10-15 we could be at championship pace.

After the game in Cork and flanagan cutting wreck inside I'd expect cork to try keep things tighter and will be on Flanagan a lot more so other forwards may get the chance to shine. I'd like to see our forwards be a bit more selfish at times and take the shot. Lynch has been quiet enough but doing a lot of unseen work so I'd expect he might get on a bit more ball Sunday.

Rain forecast for Sunday so they - great hurlers come out in the rain. It could make the short passing game harder to execute so I'd have a concern there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Yes, very embarrassing if they are at that kind of nonsense.
    Browney7 wrote: »
    Harness will play - call it mind games or whatever but he'll be hopping off the ground on Sunday.

Don't ever remember Cork doing something similar, why are ye so convinced its mind games and if it were what exaclty would be the aim/benefit of it. It might be a bit mad but maybe just maybe he actually does have an injury and is a doubt??

He would be a massive massive loss to them to be honest, consdiering the other players they have and the balance of their forwards, he is the key man, without him you have very little physical presence or primary ball winners in that forward unit and then Cork become very one dimensional and predictable with no plan b, if you could pick one Cork player that the opposition would like to see missing it would be Harnedy, he is that important to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

angeleyes wrote: »
    Anyone care to predict the Clare and Galway match? I think Clare could cause an upset and win.
    BloodyBill wrote: »
    Clare will win and surprise alot of people

Just can't see it lads, Clare are very ordinary and while Galway didnt exactly set the world on fire against KK they still have a lot more going for them than Clare. Physically they will eat Clare alive and its very hard to see how Clare will actually win enough possession to score enough. Clare will need at least two and probably more goals to have a chance and while the Galway keeper is dodgy he does have by far and away the best full back in the country in front of him so its hard to see.

Clare outside of Ennis have won one game of significane since 2013 and that was a smash and grab job against Tipp, and imo and it maybe conterversial but the likes of Tony Kelly are living off reputation and in Kelly's case his excellent club performances.

All that said semi finals throw up some very strange games/results and anything is possible but on balance Id have to fancy Galway.

I ordered two Limerick jerseys for me and my daughter on Oneills.com on Sunday last. Got an email on Monday to say it could take 7-10 days to deliver as they had to be produced in the factory. Needless to say I was very disappointed as we may not have another day out after Sunday!

I got in touch with their customer service who said they would look into it to see what they could do but could not promise anything.

Just got an email today to say the order had shipped followed by another email from O'Neills to say they had shipped by overnight courier DPD to arrive on Saturday. No extra charge.

Just want to compliment O'Neills on this super service. I am very impressed as I genuinely didn't think they would be able to sort for me.

Well done O'Neills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Don't ever remember Cork doing something similar, why are ye so convinced its mind games and if it were what exaclty would be the aim/benefit of it. It might be a bit mad but maybe just maybe he actually does have an injury and is a doubt??

He would be a massive massive loss to them to be honest, consdiering the other players they have and the balance of their forwards, he is the key man, without him you have very little physical presence or primary ball winners in that forward unit and then Cork become very one dimensional and predictable with no plan b, if you could pick one Cork player that the opposition would like to see missing it would be Harnedy, he is that important to them.

Agree, it's not like Cork to be fair and I cant remember them going on like this before so he must be carrying some degree of hamstring injury. May not be very much and I reckon he'll definitely start and hope to last as long as possible. He is a huge player for the rebels, remember it was his goal that won that Munster final over Limerick in 2014 at PUC.

I ordered two Limerick jerseys for me and my daughter on Oneills.com on Sunday last. Got an email on Monday to say it could take 7-10 days to deliver as they had to be produced in the factory. Needless to say I was very disappointed as we may not have another day out after Sunday!

I got in touch with their customer service who said they would look into it to see what they could do but could not promise anything.

Just got an email today to say the order had shipped followed by another email from O'Neills to say they had shipped by overnight courier DPD to arrive on Saturday. No extra charge.

Just want to compliment O'Neills on this super service. I am very impressed as I genuinely didn't think they would be able to sort for me.

Well done O'Neills.

Are the Limerick jerseys now outselling the Barcelona jerseys...??
    Remember that old nugget regularly thrown out by Munster Rugby when things were going well...:D:D

washman3 wrote: »
    Agree, it's not like Cork to be fair and I cant remember them going on like this before so he must be carrying some degree of hamstring injury. May not be very much and I reckon he'll definitely start and hope to last as long as possible. He is a huge player for the rebels, remember it was his goal that won that Munster final over Limerick in 2014 at PUC.

Are the Limerick jerseys now outselling the Barcelona jerseys...??
    Remember that old nugget regularly thrown out by Munster Rugby when things were going well...:D:D

Maybe :) bandwagon in full swing. Mine was due an update from 2007!

• Advertisement

37886011_2223882784501580_896785095480836096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f5b90bdbd1b43d8c0ee347e9d570d5c5&oe=5C0A0199

Woww with the others only having 2 weeks to prepare, now we need to power on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Can limerick beat this average team at the semi stage like Waterford did last year having played them earlier......everybody especially the 50,000 r so cork fans thought they would have a handy win having beaten them earlier in the summer but they got taught a nice lesson in the last 20 mins....some say (mostly langers) that the ref screwed them due to callahane being sent off and only for that they would have driven on to win......anyway my point is what new players have Cork unearthed in the last 12 months (to my knowledge one or two new maybe) on this basis I’m going for an LK victory.....unless LK have ‘shot their load’ for the season with their first in 45 year victory v kk. Again lots though the same about Waterford this time last year when they beat kk for first time in 58 years so if things go right for LK we should be seeing a Galway LK FINAL

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

If Clare he over Galway next week then neither Cork nor Limerick will beat them in the final. Clare are a Croke Park team. They 'll be disappointed that the replay is in Thurles. Galway looked very ordinary today in patches.

If Clare he over Galway next week then neither Cork nor Limerick will beat them in the final. Clare are a Croke Park team. They 'll be disappointed that the replay is in Thurles. Galway looked very ordinary today in patches.

Clare were gloriously average for large parts of that match. Neither Cork or Limerick would have much to fear there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zoncolon

From a really and truly gutted Cork man - Congratulations Limerick, ye have some warriors with some character out there... TBF the only team Cork couldn't beat this year so thats that really. Might be a glorious rivalry brewing between the 2 counties. Tipped a Limerick Clare All- Ireland and still think that although today I think we saw the 2 best teams in the country.

Go all the way now!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

Brilliant win. And deserved for the year we had so far. When you look at it we have had much more of a long, successful road taken than the likes of cork.
    Cork beat Kilkenny in 1st round of the league, Waterford in the relegation playoff. Clare twice and Waterford again in Munster. That's 5 wins against 4 teams.
    We've beaten Antrim Laois Offaly Dublin Galway Clare Tipperary Waterford Carlow Kilkenny and Cork. 11 teams 11 wins and only 2 losses - Tipp (league) and Clare (munster)
    What ever happens that's a hell of a year.
    That's not supposed to be an attack on Cork, they've played some lovely stuff this year. It's just for some perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

Phew!! crazy game
    Relentless and focused, irrespective of the situation they found themselves in, irrespective of any mistakes they'd made - really impressive as a way to go about saving a game and then go about winning it..
    It's all about the group now, perceived individual frailties are diminished as a factor when it comes to analysing Limerick because the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts

Bravo Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Oh my oh my. What a victory! #neverindoubt

This team just play with no fear and never know when they are beaten. Some amount of games this year when we've had to come back between the league and championship -galway, Clare, tipp in league and cork and Kilkenny in the championship.

Management were brilliant today and made the right substitutions at the right time. The bench was absolutely crucial and iced the game. Dowling was immense again when he came on and I couldn't be happier for him after the crap he's had flung at him for years - total clutch performance.

Graeme Mulcahy was brilliant today and brought the fight to cork and led the line - some man for a show and go with a step.

They stuck with the plan and passed the ball well to the man in space and played a brilliant brand of hurling. Flanagans pass for Lynch and the finish was sublime - what a score. Some great scores taken but the most crucial intervention was Quaid's block on Harnedy when the game was there to be won and lost.

We're in the final now and the exuberance of youth that is there and refusal to lose is a joy to see.

Fair play to Cork too - there was nothing in it and they could have won as easily and plenty good wishes at the final whistle from them was great sportsmanship. I've always enjoyed our rivalry with them and they'll be back. Their lack of strong substitutes was probably their undoing but they'll be back.

A special day in Croke Park for the green and white.

If we win the final I'm building a statue to Nicky with my bare hands, what a fcuking moment !!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

well done today Limerick. Great game. Limerick are a serious team and I hope you go on and win now in the final. Be great for hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Well done from a Galway man. If we make the final and lose I won't be too put out. I think it could be limericks year and it would be good for hurling if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mattser

Zoncolon wrote: »
    From a really and truly gutted Cork man - Congratulations Limerick, ye have some warriors with some character out there... TBF the only team Cork couldn't beat this year so thats that really. Might be a glorious rivalry brewing between the 2 counties. Tipped a Limerick Clare All- Ireland and still think that although today I think we saw the 2 best teams in the country.

Go all the way now!

Fair play Zon. That's a great post from Cork. Classy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done lads. Ye deserved it in my opinion. Ye have some side and it's only matter of time before Liam goes back to Treaty County and that could be in 3 weeks.

Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,010 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Even for a Dub I've always had a serious soft spot for your hurlers.

Delighted with yesterday. To go to the well like you did reminded me of Mayo's and our footballers. Wonderful spectacle.

Hon the Treaty!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Cork man here,congrats to limerick .Ye deserved the win yesterday ,I havnt seen a team with as much fight and belief in a long time.Hope ye go on to win the final,your supporters are a credit to your county never turned there back on the team and very respectful also

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Fantastic win and fair play to Cork, kept going and it showed how Pat 'le tissier's goal was needed to finally see them off. So skillfull and fast. I was slightly disappointed with Kielys media rules..It's unneccessary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Fantastic win and fair play to Cork, kept going and it showed how Pat 'le tissier's goal was needed to finally see them off. So skillfull and fast. I was slightly disappointed with Kielys media rules..It's unneccessary

While it might seem ungracious I can see his point. The weight of expectation has gotten to previous teams as soon as they've gotten in a position to win. His methods have kept the lads humble and grounded and it's great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Hurling Rankings

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Even for a Dub I've always had a serious soft spot for your hurlers.

Delighted with yesterday. To go to the well like you did reminded me of Mayo's and our footballers. Wonderful spectacle.

Hon the Treaty!

Cheers Bonnie,
    Many Limerick people also have a soft spot for your footballers, especially when your're playing Kerry....;)

Advertisement