Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭High bike

Sound so Limerick or Cork can't make a munster final this year thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's a possibility don't u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Iecrawfc

Interesting to see what team Kiely and Kinnerk go with on Sunday! Do they stick or twist, O'Neil surely has to start again after his performance...that means Casey, Hegarty or Lynch on the bench, personally would have Casey starting over Hegarty or Lynch, on the other Casey, Mike, do they put faith in him again or does English deserve a start? Again I think English has done enough to start at corner back, he's more at home in the corner and has been good in the league and any minutes he has got in the championship

Thought we would see Coughlan getting some time before this, as he hasn't I don't think we'll see him start from nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Yes big question re the team cian and gearoid struggling big time and m casey had a tough afternoon, how much do we miss finn!!

Still I feel we're getting there beat cork and we could do damage.

If they didn't start gearoid and cian I'd start p casey and boylan we'll need players off the bench to finish this off.

Play p casey closer to goal that cork full back line is suspect for me. Its going to be a massive battle

• Registered Users Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I agree about Peter getting close to goal. I think if we have a decent goal threat we can create space for the rest of the forwards. Even if he doesn't get a goal he just needs to scare Cork into playing to stop one.

• It's unlikely there will be significant changes to the team for Sunday. If there were changes I would like to have seen a half forward line of Tom, O'Neill and Kyle with Coughlan and Richie in the backs.

All we need are a few tweaks. Reality is we had 18 wides versus Tipp and they still had to get a last minute free to draw

A few less wides and we are back to the 30 point scores we were beating teams with. This late in the game I think we just have to hope that our 2 misfiring hurlers of the year come good and with Finn out it makes changes at the back less likely.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Maybe Richie for Mike Casey he's a natural corner back,apart from that I'd say as u were and hope they come good.Hegartys confidence seems to be low dont think dropping him is the answer and maybe move Lynch away from cf and get him a bit more space to work in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Watching Cork last week against Clare, are Cork still depending on Patrick Horgan for a lot ?

Long time ago since the 2013 Munster Final in Limerick on a hot summers day , how many of that Starting Limerick team be playing Sunday? Nicky Quaid , Mulcahy a sub ?.....Sunday is going to be one of those summer full house days as well

We had a hotshot young forward from Adare on frees that day. Wonder what ever happened to him 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭C4000

Hannon would be the only other one that's still around......three of the Cork forwards from that match started against Clare last weekend....

Team apparently not being named until this evening.... GAA brought in a new rule this year that they publish all teams at 10am Friday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Limerick would have handed in their starting 15 last night. Named to the public tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Just released extra stand tickets for Sunday on the uncovered stand, few singles in the mackey to

Team/panel named in the programme will be the same as last week, with changes to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have a felling we will clickity click click click on Sunday. A few more passes sticking and cut the wides by 20 to 30% and we should be good enough.

Surprised O'Neill is left out after his performance last week but I suppose JK knows best,hopefully they get over the line and kick on from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

A bit of a dummy team methinks 🤔

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

Could be that Kiely would prefer to bring O'Neill on when the Cork defence have tired legs. Make an impact in the final quarter of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

I thought there would be changes myself. I do think Hegarty will do well against Cork. A big performance is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i love this interview from last week for 2 reasons

1 , kiely , hes so well spoken no matter how much pressure limerick are at the moment with everything on the line hides nothing and breaks the tension at the end with a joke , he is right though limerick played there best hurling of the championship especially in the second half

2 . for your man in the back round looking nervous every time the limerick dressing room door opens , without trying to sound like a bitter clare supporter, but its almost like he's afraid that someone might wheel out the infamous asthma machine in front of the national media at the wrong time 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

The very best of luck to the team today. They always do us proud, let's hope they have what it takes to get the win. Luimneach abu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Best of luck to all teams and supporters today, some will win and some will lose but that's sport,enjoy.

Best of luck to Limerick and Waterford today 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just in Souths having a few beers chatting to the Cork lads who have travelled en masse as always… super fans in fairness.

Hon Limerick

Nervy about the start, Cork can start fast and hurt us, you could be looking at a scenario where were down 4 or 5 down in the blink of an eye … Huge faith in this Limerick team and management that have given us so much success in the last number of years.

We will click , we will get back our form..

Limerick by a margin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Permutations, eh? What a crazy weekend of sports results!

Advertisement