Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I'd say they mean 60,000 tickets between all county boards whether they're competing or not.
    yeah spot on, my mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

TL17 wrote: »
    Does a co board season ticket give entitlement to buy ticket?

It did in 2017 but when i asked last week the offer is not there for 2018 season ticket holders...very convenient??

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Our club collecting tickets tomorrow but not giving them out until Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Anyone know how you would go about getting tickets for the banquet after the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

Hearing horror stories about the traffic hold ups in Kildare. Did any one use alternative routes for semi final. How did they work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Went by Galway 2:50 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Hearing horror stories about the traffic hold ups in Kildare. Did any one use alternative routes for semi final. How did they work out.

avoid if possible , had to cut across county kildare to get on the N4 for our semi final the day before in croker ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

the last day was particularly bad because the cork and lmk traffic met in Portlaoise, shouldn’t be as bad next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Sat nav took us up the old road to Dublin. Went through towns I hadn't seen for years and through the curragh road parallel to the motor way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Just go early. It's All Ireland Hurling Final Day - who knows when you'll experience one again so go in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

slegs wrote: »
    Anyone know how you would go about getting tickets for the banquet after the match?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/hurling/329305/limerick-gaaconfirms-details-of-all-ireland-final-banquet.html

I live in Kildare and the bad news is that the road works are much worse now than a couple of weeks ago as the go all the way down to the Waterford M9 exit now.

Below is the best option

Leave the M7 at Emo/Ballybrittas/Monasterevin Exit 15
    Then its Monasterevin to Rathangan to Allen/Kilmeague to Prosperous to Rathcoffey to M4 (dont go into Maynooth its another bottleneck)

Put Liffey Valley into your Google Maps when you leave the M7 and once you get to Rathangan it will send you this way.

Go to Croke Park via M50/M1

Its only about 15 minutes longer than M7/N7 pre roadworks and on match day with the road works will save you at least an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Are we quietly optimist that Limerick can do it.

Watching Derek McGrath and Michael Duignan on RTE on Sunday night ....both of them tipped Galway. Considering Michael Duigan has got it wrong for Limerick
    all year and maybe Derek McGrath has a fear of Galway from a Waterford aspect..........could they be actually wrong?

What do Limerick boardies think....and discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

angeleyes wrote: »
    Are we quietly optimist that Limerick can do it.

Watching Derek McGrath and Michael Duignan on RTE on Sunday night ....both of them tipped Galway. Considering Michael Duigan has got it wrong for Limerick
    all year and maybe Derek McGrath has a fear of Galway from a Waterford aspect..........could they be actually wrong?

What do Limerick boardies think....and discuss.

We'll know around 5.10pm this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

Yea feel we are in with a good chance. Galway have looked tired and really it should be Clare we playing. There is a big difference to 07 in that there is little hype. Just that we have realistic chance if things go our way. We dont want to give Galway a big lead but if we are within 3/4 points at last 10 min then we have excellent chance

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Build up has been very low key hasnt it? I mean, not just Link keeping the head down. Very little press so far, buildup hasn't seem to even really started.

I'm a bag of nerves already mind you! Just thought it strange been so little talk in national outlets

Build up has been very low key hasnt it? I mean, not just Link keeping the head down. Very little press so far, buildup hasn't seem to even really started.

I'm a bag of nerves already mind you! Just thought it strange been so little talk in national outlets

No interviews from players means the press don’t have much to report on. Build up will start in earnest from Wednesday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

slegs wrote: »
    No interviews from players means the press don’t have much to report on. Build up will start in earnest from Wednesday onwards

Plenty to report on. They're creative writers, surely pull a bit more together than they have!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

Very low key, people must have taken on board what Kiely and Dowling said after the Cork match...I think after 45 years I'll believe that Limerick can do it after the match is won. So many false dawns over the years but Galway are there for the taking as long as Limerik don't s*@t the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Limerick's half back line have to be much better for the final. If they win their respective battles, I think Limerick will come out on top. Cian Lynch needs to step it up a bit too as we all know what he's capable of. I'm expecting big games for Gillane, Mulcahy and Tom Morrissey. Been excellent all year and now is their time to shine on the biggest stage imaginable.

Come on Limerick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Not much elsewhere either. Football semi finals took up a lot of attention till now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Not much elsewhere either. Football semi finals took up a lot of attention till now

The hype train won't start until towards the weekend.

In the general context of things, it has been a fairly condensed year for both codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Colemania wrote: »
    Limerick's half back line have to be much better for the final. If they win their respective battles, I think Limerick will come out on top. Cian Lynch needs to step it up a bit too as we all know what he's capable of. I'm expecting big games for Gillane, Mulcahy and Tom Morrissey. Been excellent all year and now is their time to shine on the biggest stage imaginable.

Come on Limerick!!

I totally agree re our hb line i thought they were poor in semi but funnily enough think the galway hfs will suit us more as the Galway lads though top class wont have the speed of the cork lads. Im enjoying the build up though it is low key

• Registered Users Posts: 19,010 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The hype train won't start until towards the weekend.

In the general context of things, it has been a fairly condensed year for both codes.

The calendar has ruined the natural flow to the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

The calendar has ruined the natural flow to the championship.

True, still doesn't feel like the All-Ireland is on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,010 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

phkk wrote: »

Yup. It's weird.

There was no buzz leading up to the SF last weekend. Compare that to last year? Night and day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Not a sniff of tickets. With the other semi gone to a replay the turn around time is very short. Also a lot of ticket holders seem to be looking to swop for football tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

phkk wrote: »
    Have you driven through Limerick City or County over the last 10 days..?
    Do you think the green and white flags/bunting/banners etc are to welcome the pope..??;)

P.S. im really glad that Limerick 95FM have got their house in order for a change (so far) lets hope it stays that way.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

juneg wrote: »
    Not a sniff of tickets. With the other semi gone to a replay the turn around time is very short. Also a lot of ticket holders seem to be looking to swop for football tickets.

Most clubs start distributing tickets tonight, so expect tickets to start 'appearing' from tomorrow onwards. Still, they will be scarce.

Advertisement