Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Yeah got my tickets tonight thank god. Hopefully all the genuine people get tickets. I must say if you are not involved in a club it must be very hard. Tried ringing a few lads on done deal for tickets and not a chance of a reply even after the ad only being live a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Did the clubs get many?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MfMan

TL17 wrote: »
    Yea feel we are in with a good chance. Galway have looked tired and really it should be Clare we playing. There is a big difference to 07 in that there is little hype. Just that we have realistic chance if things go our way. We dont want to give Galway a big lead but if we are within 3/4 points at last 10 min then we have excellent chance

You're lucky it isn't a Cork/Clare final so!

Make sure to get behind the players for Sunday; ring them, text them, call to the house offering your best wishes. Make them know you're all behind them. Probably not a good idea to bug them for tickets, but it's no harm in asking them to open new shops, stores, outlets etc. An odd pint a few days beforehand is no big deal either. A couple of preview "Up for the match" nights in the local pubs where they're interviewed on how they'll think it will go are always good to get an atmosphere going. It's all part and parcel of the build-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Did the clubs get many?

I'd guess anywhere in the region of 12 to 15000 tickets were allocated to clubs in Limerick. Possibility of more to come this week I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

Hi
    I will be in Dublin on Sunday but without a ticket. Any suggestions for a good pub for a Limerick person to watch the match? City centre or southside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Attitude of relying on the subs to win it is the biggest problem

First 15 have to win this and play with savage intensity. Galway have a bench and know exactly who we will spring and are fore warned. attitude of 3 to 4 down wont be good enough.

Wishing all involved a great day on Sunday, best of luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

Richie Bennis on Off the Ball today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBKNgotqlM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭billyhead

Anybody think Kiely will change the starting 15 from the Cork match?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

https://youtu.be/p6DIWPX6aZ8

Sporting Limerick final preview with Carey and Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

well lads looking forward to game.never seen so much hype for tickets in limerick since the early days in munster rugby
    is it really that bad.not been cocky 1 bit but got 2 early on in week from another county delighted i was.
    looks like a lot of neutrals attending.
    think we have a steller chance think young casey at full back is unreal and believe he will win the game for us,
    his footwork/positioning when defending is incredible my limerick player of the year thus far,
    great excitement around city and county loving the feel of belonging...
    there is something magical about this limerick abu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

treklane wrote: »
    well lads looking forward to game.never seen so much hype for tickets in limerick since the early days in munster rugby
    is it really that bad.not been cocky 1 bit but got 2 early on in week from another county delighted i was.
    looks like a lot of neutrals attending.
    think we have a steller chance think young casey at full back is unreal and believe he will win the game for us,
    his footwork/positioning when defending is incredible my limerick player of the year thus far,
    great excitement around city and county loving the feel of belonging...
    there is something magical about this limerick abu

I fancy Limerick to win but Casey at full back is the one reason I'm worried for Limerick, his direct opponent has a serious height advantage over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

jp101 wrote: »
    Hi
    I will be in Dublin on Sunday but without a ticket. Any suggestions for a good pub for a Limerick person to watch the match? City centre or southside.

Would Ned Rea pub in parkgate street near Heuston station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I fancy Limerick to win but Casey at full back is the one reason I'm worried for Limerick, his direct opponent has a serious height advantage over him.
    have to agree with u there, it’s hard to see how he can stop Glynn getting possession how he deals with him after that could decide the match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

High bike wrote: »
    have to agree with u there, it’s hard to see how he can stop Glynn getting possession how he deals with him after that could decide the match

It’s possible Byrnes will stay on Glynn wherever he goes just because of the height difference

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Would Ned Rea pub in parkgate street near Heuston station.

Pretty sure they dont own it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

Can anyone recommend a good pub in Dublin city centre for a bit of pre-match banter Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭MattressRick

milly2013 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good pub in Dublin city centre for a bit of pre-match banter Saturday night

Flannerys. Could be a queue but will be full of Galway and limerick

Really is how long is a piece of string type of question - are you looking for a nice lively pub that is nice to be in or do you want somewhere rammed to the rafters and is pretty ****e followed by coppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Seeing a lot of usernames in here that I've never seen before. Bandwagon in full flow lads :D

No in all seriousness, I hope the regulars get tickets for the match. Would be a big shame to miss out. I'm not part of a club myself but my uncle is involved with a club in Dublin and managed to get me one thank god. Only missed the first 2 games this year, even managed to get to Carlow, so one way or another, I made sure I got a ticket for the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Searsons on Baggot St (owned by Charlie Chawke from Adare) hosting a Limerick focused preview night on Saturday evening. Be a good spot for those looking for tickets also

• Advertisement

Nerves building nicely here, trying to decide which Limerick team will turn up, the guys from the Clare match and the team that was largely second best to Cork for the first 55 mins, or the team from the other games. I hope that even if we do lose, that it's not the type of loss that derails the achievements from this year.

I would make Galway fairly clear favourites but if they play below themselves and Limerick play well Limerick have a decent shot.

Buildup has been very low key so far although it feels like it's ratcheting up bit by bit now.

Going through the teamsheets and looking back through the year, there has to be optimism that we'll get over the line on Sunday.

We've beaten Tipp, Waterford and drew with Cork twice (before ET) and Kilkenny and now have to face Galway. That's an impressive list of teams and shows the competitive nature of the championship. Pretty much any of those games (Waterford excepted) could have gone against us but we ground them out and had refused to lose. Absolutely brilliant attribute for a team to have and one that all Limerick fans respect and admire.

I don't think the occasion will get to them. No question they're aware of the longing for an all Ireland amongst supporters and the goodwill towards the team from all corners of Limerick. That'll count for nothing on Sunday and Liam is there to be won. To quote Loughnane from 1995 at half time, we need to have an attitude that "we're going to do it".

So many positions in which this game could be won and lost but if I was to pick one it would be Hannon V Canning. I'd expect Joe to try and get on loose ball in midfield and if he's given a second within 70 yards he's likely to score. Not sure whether Hannon will follow him out or hold the centre. I'd expect Galway to try a few early balls into Glynn. Casey needs to spoil and keep that ball out of Glynn's paw.

I think our forwards will bring a huge effort and make life difficult for Galway. Harte and mannion were trying to run with the ball a lot against Clare in the first half, I'd expect a more direct approach Sunday. It's a mad final in ways because it was the width of a Hurley a post of being a Cork V Clare final.

I'd start the same team but it's a big decision whether to go with Dowling or Flanagan but either of them will do a job for us.

The players owe us and Limerick absolutely nothing after the efforts they've put in all year. Borrowing a lyric from an infamous Galway band ,"To win just once would be enough"

Tiocfidh ár lá, Luimneach abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I see the one of the players wearing a Limerick polo with the Adare Manor logo where the sporting limerick logo normally goes. It was on casey motors facebook page.
    Maybe it will be Adare Manor on next years jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

the 74 or molloys on talbot street great banter there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

treklane wrote: »
    the 74 or molloys on talbot street great banter there

I’d be thinking Camden street is where one would head for busy pints etc ... Ryans been the best choice .flannerys and coppers close by on harcourt street . Diceys on harcourt street probably best pub in Dublin for the younger crowd , huge venue which is busy from 6 on a Saturday .
    In the city centre temple bar dear and all as it is good spot especially temple bar or quays pubs . The oval bar off o Connell street is a Limerick pub too .
    During the day kilmacud crokes GAA club in stillorgan be hopping with sevens tournament .

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Delete if inappropriate. I have a Cusack stand ticket. Right on halfway line. Was down for 2 but only got one ticket. My own fault for not trying elsewhere before last night as was sure I would get two from club. Youngfella mad to go. Would anyone be prepared to swap two terrace (pref Nally) for the stand ticket. He is a die hard Limerick supported. Playing since he was 4 but hes only 11 so cant send him in by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Id love to know if there are many bringing green smoke flares, I remember some big games in the gaelic grounds a couple of years ago and the city end terrace had a great smoke display, also going over to semple stadium the limerick section had loads, was really good to see and adds to the atmosphere!

dave 27 wrote: »
    Id love to know if there are many bringing green smoke flares, I remember some big games in the gaelic grounds a couple of years ago and the city end terrace had a great smoke display, also going over to semple stadium the limerick section had loads, was really good to see and adds to the atmosphere!

As long as youre not right beside them! I'm always bemused how they get them in considering they are searched and the type of guy that has one is more likely to stand out and get a more "thorough" searching.

Agreed though, it looks great but the wrong flares can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Fellas run the risk of being thrown out if they are caught too.

I'm guessing we'll see two to three before the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

How are old Christians club doing in Limerick.? Likewise South Liberties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

dave 27 wrote: »

I'm fairly sure that I saw some at the last match against cork in the semi so they managed to sneak them in. They are grand as long as your not standing right beside them when they set them off. Although the last time, l was in the terrace in Ennis, they threw them down on top of our own fans when they were finished them which was not nice to see !

They do add to the atmosphere alright , just hopefully people will use them responsibly.

Advertisement