Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Browney7 wrote: »
    dave 27 wrote: »
    Id love to know if there are many bringing green smoke flares, I remember some big games in the gaelic grounds a couple of years ago and the city end terrace had a great smoke display, also going over to semple stadium the limerick section had loads, was really good to see and adds to the atmosphere!

As long as youre not right beside them! I'm always bemused how they get them in considering they are searched and the type of guy that has one is more likely to stand out and get a more "thorough" searching.

Agreed though, it looks great but the wrong flares can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Fellas run the risk of being thrown out if they are caught too.

I'm guessing we'll see two to three before the game

'Profiling' I see ...tut tut...the lefties will be after you.
    Always gave the flares to the best looking girl with us and never any hassle getting them in..You have to remember these are Irish searches...not real thorough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm literally jumping on the bandwagon/bus here.....unexpectedly got a ticket last night via a very tenuous work link so trying to sort out some form of transport now.

All the trains are booked from what I can see and my own local club bus was booked up a few days ago.

Will check out the regular bus timetables as well but other than that close to exhausting all my other possibilities at this stage - if anyone can point me towards a spare seat on a club bus or something similar I'd appreciate it.

cheer cm78

**Edit: got sorted just now with a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Best of luck on Sunday
    Hope ye do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I booked a reserved spot in clerys car park that I won't be using if anyone wants to use it. I can email the booking form. You print it and scan when going into the car park. About 15 mins walk from croke park. Free to anyone who wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Lads and lassies,
    Its been a great 8 or 9 months following this thread and reading everyones opinions on all things Limerick GAA but specifically our senior hurlers.
    They have given us an amazing few months and it would be the biggest dream come true to see us lift Liam MacCarthy.
    Good night, god bless, safe travels and lets blow the roof of Croke Park tomorrow.
    Luimneach Abu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

juneg wrote: »
    I booked a reserved spot in clerys car park that I won't be using if anyone wants to use it. I can email the booking form. You print it and scan when going into the car park. About 15 mins walk from croke park. Free to anyone who wants it.

If still going pal would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pakie ed

What's traffic like on N7 in Limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Well done lads excellent win John kiley is some man , enjoy the celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Congrats from a disappointed Galway man.

Enjoy the celebrations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Congrats to Limerick. Best team won and I can see ye winning a few more. Enjoy the celebrations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Well done. Well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Well done from all in Kilkenny.

A wonderful team. Worthy winners. Enjoy it, it was well earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Well done Limerick. Great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Well done from Cork, delighted for ye. Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Well done best team by far won , we were not let play our game and that's down to ye.
    Have a party (a good one ) Limerick needed that and I'm only sorry Galway lost but happy enough that Limerick won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Far and away the best team on the day congrats Limerick so well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

well done Limerick enjoy the celebrations and the afters. You deserve it. 45 years was worth the wait after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Browney7 wrote: »
    Buildup has been very low key so far although it feels like it's ratcheting up bit by bit now.

Going through the teamsheets and looking back through the year, there has to be optimism that we'll get over the line on Sunday.

We've beaten Tipp, Waterford and drew with Cork twice (before ET) and Kilkenny and now have to face Galway. That's an impressive list of teams and shows the competitive nature of the championship. Pretty much any of those games (Waterford excepted) could have gone against us but we ground them out and had refused to lose. Absolutely brilliant attribute for a team to have and one that all Limerick fans respect and admire.

I don't think the occasion will get to them. No question they're aware of the longing for an all Ireland amongst supporters and the goodwill towards the team from all corners of Limerick. That'll count for nothing on Sunday and Liam is there to be won. To quote Loughnane from 1995 at half time, we need to have an attitude that "we're going to do it".

So many positions in which this game could be won and lost but if I was to pick one it would be Hannon V Canning. I'd expect Joe to try and get on loose ball in midfield and if he's given a second within 70 yards he's likely to score. Not sure whether Hannon will follow him out or hold the centre. I'd expect Galway to try a few early balls into Glynn. Casey needs to spoil and keep that ball out of Glynn's paw.

I think our forwards will bring a huge effort and make life difficult for Galway. Harte and mannion were trying to run with the ball a lot against Clare in the first half, I'd expect a more direct approach Sunday. It's a mad final in ways because it was the width of a Hurley a post of being a Cork V Clare final.

I'd start the same team but it's a big decision whether to go with Dowling or Flanagan but either of them will do a job for us.

The players owe us and Limerick absolutely nothing after the efforts they've put in all year. Borrowing a lyric from an infamous Galway band ,"To win just once would be enough"

Tiocfidh ár lá, Luimneach abú.

Tháinig ár lá!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Congrats to limerick Worthy winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭supernova5

Congratulations from Clare, ye were by way the better team but in typical fashion the supporters were driven to the brink of cardiac arrest especially in the last 10 minutes,
    45 years of hurt finally laid to rest, well done and enjoy celebrations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

W.ell done to all Limerick fans who post on here, I remember Henry Martin aka South Limerick Referee from the old Fearr Rua site who wrote Unlimited Heartbrake I allways enjoyed his postings. What a crazy last 9 mins i thought Galway would pull it off but Graham Mulcahys final point clinched it . I was at the U21 final in Limerick the night Aidan Walshe gave an exibition but Limerick won in extra time Mulcahy was excellent that night as well . Good to see that team translate that form to senior staus. I know some passionate Limerick hurling folk from my time living there in the 70's delighted for them one and all there is some small conselation for us Rebels we had them on the ropes and were a flick from Quaids hurley away from the final . So be it. what a sublime championship we just have had looking forward to next year allready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Congrats lads. Ye were 7/8 points the better team. Enjoy the months ahead. Yer boys did ye proud today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Congrats from Mayo. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Better team well done from a Galway man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Just drove through a few Limerick villages and serious sessions under way, everyone out on the streets drinking having the Craic. There'll be a baby boom in Limerick next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Well done Limerick - my grandfather was a Kilfinnan man and I can feel him smiling down from the clouds today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Fair play to limerick delighted for ye. Hopefully us in Waterford can take inspiration from ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Well done Limerick... hope ye all enjoy the party!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Well done guys from a Mayo man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Delighted for Limerick. Enjoy the celebrations:)

Advertisement