Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Just have to stay in the pub for both games now 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Huge disappointment for loads of people , there was going to be a big crowd at Limerick Tipp match next Saturday night . A lot of people will not be able to go to Cork due to work , no transport or the extra cost of getting to cork , the county board don’t seem to care and are treating the supporters very shabbily .

Anyone who bought a season ticket was really sold a pup with no home games .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Some rumours the Galway game is to be moved too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

If the pitch is in bad condition nothing really else could be done with it pencilled in for TV, sounds like Cork is plan C as Thurles was plan B, looking at Tipp Westmeath highlights that was in bad shape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i was at the football at mick Neville tonight , was hoping for the same level of hospitality i received at the greyhound track at christmas time , a big glass front , in front of the main stand , dinner before the main event , scantily clad women offering free bets and glasses of champagne in revealing miss's clause outfits ,

tonight i had a sub zero gale wind blowing directly from svalbard , and the only thing that kept me warm was the bottle of coke that i got from the shop !!, my recommendation to limerick gaa is to keep up with the standards , put less money into lets say hurling , and more money into the hospitality side of the game , how about mexican tapas night for the wicklow game in two weeks time , all it would take is a big window fitted in front of the stand and a few dancers from mollys .....😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭High bike

Well done to Monaleen on a great win in the All Ireland junior b hurling yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭MfMan

Where would that be brought to if true? Cede home advantage? Unlikely, as Galway play Dublin a day earlier in Salthill as it is. Ennis, Thurles?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rjoe90

Ennis would make sense, Clare are at home to Antrim in the football the same day though which could scupper that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

I see that tickets for our Paddys Day match at home to Galway are no longer available for sale, not sold out.

Another match possibly being moved again?

Hopefully the weather improves and it goes ahead, Id imagine a lot of families with kids involved in parades etc will be going on to this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Lot of families very dissapointed that saturday nights game is moved to cork which isnt really doable for familys with younger children on a saturday night in March....Galway game looks like been moved as well so plenty youngsters will not see Limerick Hurlers play locally at all until the second round of Munster Round Robin which is a real PR owngoal....

A Saturday night and Paddy's day are 2 terrible times to be travelling.

Still heard nothing back from Ticketmaster about a refund either.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Real pity for the city - would have been a great buzz around town for St Patrick’s Day - parade then big crowd out to the game. A fair old balls up all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

How da f**k have they made such a balls up of the pitch when it was only relaid the year before last? Fortunately took my lad to see them against Antrim and Dublin but here we have the greatest Limerick team we're ever likely to see and loads of people haven't had a much of a chance to see them since last July! Cork is not a runner on a Sat night with kids and Galway, we'll see but a pain in the balls not to be able to see your county team in your own county.

I'm certain that if we were still fighting for division 1 status that pitch would be playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Don't understand why GAA people have canaries about evening throw ins. The match in Cork is on at 7pm not 9pm like they do in France for some rugby matches. Course you could take the kids. They ll love it.. the lights and stuff and they ll sleep in tbe car or on the train on the way home. Like next Thursday I ll have the car full going into Villa v Ajax..8pm kick off ,full of kids and they've school the next morning. Get a grip lads.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

"or on the train on the way home"

The last train home from Cork to Limerick is 20:20 and includes a 50min wait in Limerick Junction.

The last real train home is 19:20.

That's the big difference between France or any other big European country. Also away fans in French rugby are almost non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

Worth pointing out that Hayes is unavailable on account of an injury and not expected to be back for the Galway game due to the same issue. A number of publications saw that he was not included on the 26 man panel and ran with that as the headline without making reference to the fact he’s injured.

Jason Gillane must have impressed Kiely & Co in the Fitzgibbon Cup as despite not being on the initial 46 man panel he has actually been added to the panel - the 4th goalkeeper Limerick will have used in match day panels this year.

The Gaelic Grounds; it would be great if the senior set up could host an open training session to allow kids an opportunity to hunt for autographs and pictures with the players after the session - it was always nice to see the players devote so much time to that once the final whistle had blown in the games at the Gaelic Grounds in the Munster League and the NHL. I’d be more critical of the three postponements but they will have taken a big hit in terms of revenue for the three games they opted not to host so I can’t imagine the decision was taken lightly. A pity to have inconvenienced our home supporters nonetheless.

And finally - this will be one of my last posts as I have requested an account closure on account of some dude who figured out who I am and has been hassling me on other platforms based on what I post here and elsewhere. I’d just like to say to that guy however; you slipped up this week. I see you used a work email address to register your account. I know who you are and where you work. If I hear from you again your workplace will be hearing from me 🙂👋

Luimneach abú!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Hassling you, across platforms, over hurling posts? Absolute madness. What county are they from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Should that have been a black card and a penalty and is there no TMO?

Genuine questions, be nice

Hurling refs seem to have completely forgotten that's a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looks like it's going to be open season on Cian Lynch,gets pulled and dragged every time he gets on the ball and he gets done for overcarrying

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Fair enough performance. Bit rusty at times even pedestrian.

Advertisement