Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Paddy you say Ronan lynch drove nap on I wonder has he something to offer Limerick we have loads of options up front but hickey condon and MC carthy are the wrong age of 30 and some might retire what cover potentially is out there? Only 2 come to mind Alan Dempsey and maybe jerome boylan whos v young. Any other suggestions for backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Richie done ligaments so full back and corner back need back up definitely our biggest need

When did this happen.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

washman3 wrote: »
    When did this happen.?

Early in match Friday night

lim4ev wrote: »
    Paddy you say Ronan lynch drove nap on I wonder has he something to offer Limerick we have loads of options up front but hickey condon and MC carthy are the wrong age of 30 and some might retire what cover potentially is out there? Only 2 come to mind Alan Dempsey and maybe jerome boylan whos v young. Any other suggestions for backs?

I don't but I'm sure JK and team are at every club game, they'll unearth a name or two

If somebody told me earlier this year that when the Late Late Show resumes in September, John Kiely, Declan Hannon and Joe O'Connor would be guests and carrying the Liam McCarthy cup, I would've recommended they seek immediate medical attention......:D:D:D

What an incredible journey, the long hot summer of 2018...:):):)

P.S. The LLS is not usually 'my cup of tea'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

John Hunt is a legend and that was a lovely touch from Declan Hannon and 2018 Limerick team presenting John with the match sliotar.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

The lads were a credit to their clubs, their families and their county. Extremely humble in the way they spoke. This win has done so much for so many in the county. It has put a smile on so many peoples faces. I hope they enjoy all the celebrations.
    Luimneach Abu 2019.

The round of applause Graeme got when he came off was fantastic, what a great time to be a limerick supporter

Mul was unreal paddy the attendance was unreal too considering how many went to croke pk a few measly hundred turn out last night to watch 3 of the top 4 in Limerick play, some superb hurling on show despite the conditions for me though it's still nap's to lose they're just too strong though,I was impressed by kilmallock but the well had players just going thru the motions. I also thought adare improved I know they were well beaten but they looked better than in last few yrs to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭shockframe

The round of applause Graeme got when he came off was fantastic, what a great time to be a limerick supporter

A huge player for Limerick. For all the praise of the younger lads Mulcahy led the way.The others were in and out of form slightly but he remained consistent throughout. A class act.

• Advertisement

shockframe wrote: »
    A huge player for Limerick. For all the praise of the younger lads Mulcahy led the way.The others were in and out of form slightly but he remained consistent throughout. A class act.

Agreed, and I think that was why the crowd reacted like they did.

Diarmuid byrnes got 3 points but really should have been sent off for lashing back at oisin o Reilly, a rough belt, o Reilly done well to stay on and scored a cracking went off early in 2nd

Gillane goal was even better his usual catch hit the ground running and immediately shoot action screamer, Dan joy had him well bottled up the rest of the night

Paddy o loughlin will be very close to half back next year he's pushing hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭shockframe

Agreed, and I think that was why the crowd reacted like they did.

Diarmuid byrnes got 3 points but really should have been sent off for lashing back at oisin o Reilly, a rough belt, o Reilly done well to stay on and scored a cracking went off early in 2nd

Gillane goal was even better his usual catch hit the ground running and immediately shoot action screamer, Dan joy had him well bottled up the rest of the night

Paddy o loughlin will be very close to half back next year he's pushing hard

Anyone looking to break onto that team will have their work cut out for them.

Morrissey, Hegarty, Flanagan etc were not all that glamorous players to begin with but there is a lot of big name players that they managed to surpass in making the all ireland winning team.

The workrate of the team is a huge barrier to anyone looking to get on the first 15. It won't just be down to Hurling ability anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

Mul was unreal paddy the attendance was unreal too considering how many went to croke pk a few measly hundred turn out last night to watch 3 of the top 4 in Limerick play, some superb hurling on show despite the conditions for me though it's still nap's to lose they're just too strong though,I was impressed by kilmallock but the well had players just going thru the motions. I also thought adare improved I know they were well beaten but they looked better than in last few yrs to me anyway

Who hurled well for Adare?

I thought their no 4 did well in open play anyway think his name was eoin something also John fitz but their standout was w griffin.

Paddy couldn't agree with you on paddy o loughlin can't see it but hope I'm proved wrong

I thought their no 4 did well in open play anyway think his name was eoin something also John fitz but their standout was w griffin.

Paddy couldn't agree with you on paddy o loughlin can't see it but hope I'm proved wrong

No worries, lets see if he's marking dowling a county final how that goes, be interesting either way

We'll done to the ladies, some well taken goals there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Fair play they played very well,sure as they say limerick always play well in Croke Park����

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Draw for Munster championship doesn't look too favourable for next year - bye in week one, then the rest weekend and then looks like three weeks in a row at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Yeah tough draw. First game v Cork at home wl be crucial. Cork won't mind a crack off Limerick and there wouldn't be much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

I hope Limerick will not continue with the celebrations too much. Clare suffered for it in 2014. Hopefully, John Kiely will reign in the celebrations before too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Yeah tough draw. First game v Cork at home wl be crucial. Cork won't mind a crack off Limerick and there wouldn't be much in it.
    and cork will have the Tipp game under their belts before that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

All tough games. Good to have a home game to start with. Win that and things won’t look too bad going into week 3. Lose it and will be tough to qualify.

Hopefully neither donnacha or johnny get the nap v kil match next week, they'd slow it to a crawl

Great win for the bouncers truthfully a good result for limerick they're young fellas need to play senior

Bruff will be wondering wtf happened for 15 minutes after have time told lost their way and game was gone

Callum Sheehan was brilliant for the bouncers getting 2 goals and causing havoc

The two bourkes were excellent and jimbob cleaned up

Sean Finn was brilliant when moved up front but was far too late, bruff hardly won a puck out all day and it really cost them

I think bruff fuc*ed themselves with the antics in the group game bouncers were switched on from the start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

No Gillane has to be the biggest omission for me.

He was never going to get one. Had an ok final but not outstanding. Yet strangely if he'd taken his goal chances over the season he possibly could have been POTY.
    Hope this drives him on next year.
    Anyway,the only currency that matters is the Celtic cross.

Mike Casey or Kyle Hayes for me, their performances in the final were key, imo. Especially when you consider the weight of the history against that Limerick team. that being said, everything has been bonus since the final.

• Advertisement

Tom morrissey for me limerick scored so many pints from play every game and only had one forward ?? Strange

Advertisement