Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

What happens if wexford beat clare and cork beat the dubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,045 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm pretty sure the rules first stop a provisional FIA l pairing and then any other provincial pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

bitterness happens when teams are successful , we saw a bit of it in the 90s , i am a bad loser for 5 or 10 minutes after games then i thaw out , as i was going through that same process this evening i was in the old stand looking at jubilant celebration on the field as if limerick had ended a famine ,

as dreams played out over the tannoy i turned to one of my mates and said ," i love the cranberries but i **** hate limerick" 😂

thankfully that bitterness lasts only 5 or 10 minutes , the celebrations on the field snapped me out of it , you can really see how much this success really means to limerick people . we will see ye in 6 weeks time with the help of god ….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 biglad40isback

that’s hilarious thats a joke of a forum. before round 3 they were on life support and suggestions about getting davy on board 😂. To a poor Munster final with 2 poor teams while supreme cork watch on unimpressed with today 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

they're in for a rude awaking if they meet Limerick again this year. The bravado out of them on the walk up to the 2021 final was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Knockdromin

Embrace the bitterness and jealousy folks. Euphoric scenes of celebration and pitch invasions whenever a team beats us nowadays. The days will come back in time when it’s no longer seen as a big deal to beat Limerick so soak it all up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Thady Quill

”Some” being one piss-poor obvious troll from Limerick.

“They” being a solitary Limerick troll who threw out the Davy thing. Saddest thing is that a bad Limerick troll even got a few bites.

Ye must be getting worried if ye have to quote your own trolls on a Cork forum to represent it as a ‘gauge’ of sentiment in Cork. 😂

• Advertisement

I think you just made that up about 2021.

But there’s bravado right there- “rude awakening”.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Knockdromin

Ah Christ lads 😄

Now that ye’re after driving someone from that forum to go to the bother or registering an account to bite back please don’t take the bait.

The “bother” took all of 2 minutes. I’m not a member of PROC but I read it. It has good and bad contributors but the Limerick crowd here representing one of their own trolls on it as a reflection of the mood in the county is hilarious. Even more hilarious is the irony of you imploring others to not “take the bait”.

Not made up.

"Corkness" talk was all over the place. Was plenty of it on this site in the build up to 2021. Cork don't lose finals we were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

100% not made up. Had a couple of pints in Searsons that morning and we were breaking our arses listening to the Corkness of how we were going to be hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 45 biglad40isback

I think that 2021 first half hammering put their Corkness back about 30 years. Sure there are lads In cork graduating from university hitting their mid 20s that probably can’t remember the 2005 win.

I do visit that proc site from time to time because it is good for other sports and current affairs and not edited or censored like a rte forum.

Tbf most of them acknowledge that limerick are their hurling overlord masters.

The general mood was of hope heavily outweighing expectation and the knowledge that absolutely everything would have to go right for us and plenty to go wrong for our opponents if we were to have even any chance so , to be clear, I don’t just think you’re making it all up - I know you are. “Corkness” was a phrase made up by the former CCB PRO Tracey Kennedy for the launch of Cairde Corcaigh, it hasn’t been around forever, and we’ve lost 20 senior hurling finals and 16 senior football finals so God knows who “told” you this.

I’ll say it again, ye must be very worried about Cork if ye have to invent rubbish and quote your own trolls on a Cork forum . Nothing to worry about. Sure Cork have played their AI already, the bookies have ye odds on , ye have 4 weeks to bring back injured players you wouldn’t even need to beat Cork or Dublin ( or Wexford) handy and JP has his money kept well away from the Revenue. All is well in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Most Cork lads are very balanced and in my experience have a deep understanding and appreciation of hurling and they know exactly where they stand vs this current Limerick side. Cork / Limerick matchups are always great days out between the big population centres of Munster. I am going to matches since 1980 and it is always my favourite game with the colour and passion between the two tribes. The last day in PuC was one of the best matches / occasions I was ever at. The next best match for me was the semi in 2018. Two of the greatest hurling games ever. I for one cant wait to meet Cork again and wont be taking them for granted. It will be a hell of a game if it happens. Cork are coming for sure as can be seen in underage and schools hurling over the last 5 or 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

If Wexford beat Clare will they meet us or Kilkenny? Or are we guaranteed to meet Cork regardless (obviously they'll beat Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭High bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

nothing made in up here, fans in our faces on the way in asking why we even bothered turning up that day. Made the result , even half time more sweeter.

Met 2 young Cork lads at last years final who said they were awful embarrassed by all the "Corkness" talk that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Montys return

Here's "Corkness" mentioned by Donal Og 4 years before you claim it was coined by somebody else

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport-columnists/arid-20269655.html

• This thread has gone haywire🫣

Best if we concentrate on a semi final and let the Cork lads concentrate on whatever backdoor route / last chance saloon they find themselves in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Charlie69

@Montys return This is way off topic but really enjoyed that article. I was a huge admirer of that Waterford team , Ken McGrath and Paul Flynn two of the all-time greats for me. Sound lads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I'm still a little worried regarding the goal chances we're giving up am I being overly critical? I thought going to the munster final that clare weren't firing on all cylinders and was proven right but would cork or kilkenny have taken those chances?

Having said that we had a few notables that didn't contribute their usual performances and if we get back everyone we'll be formidable opponents for whoever we meet in the semi

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I think a lot of it is down to law of averages. Teams know that they have to score goals to beat Limerick, so if they keep going for goals, they will score them.

it was talked about to death up here all week ,that we couldnt get a sniff in the middle 3rd all day but still had two real goal chances, the goal we scored was probably harder then the ones we missed , there was a slight argument for a penalty at the very end too ,all missed chances happened when there were only 3 or 4 points in the game

for all the really good stuff limerick done it shows there is another level for them to go just yet , cork are a different team to us , they will interchange a hell of a lot more then our static forwards will , at times not just last sunday but over the munster championship the likes of kelly , o,donnell and mark rodgers had to nearly go back into their own half of the field to win any sort of ball

cork might not have great defenders but they have lads that can feed their forwards more efficiently then we can , i still think if dublin reach the highs of the first kilkenny game or the galway game away that it could be them ye meet but its no harm in planning ahead anyway

personally i think its more down to tactics , if you are going to fill the two 45s with 8 or 9 players , you probably cant afford to be losing too many of the rucks in there , it leaves space open in behind and that's where the second rodgers goal chance came from i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Totally agree with this bar the ye could be meeting Dublin bit. It'll be limerick v cork and kk v clare in semis though I'd give wexford a sniff v ye.

That's no disrespect to offaly and laois

Advertisement