Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options
1202203204205206208»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 biglad40isback

i agree. That was a cemented half back line. I think byrnes and hannon have a role going forward but automatic selection definitely not. Looking back byrnes should have dropped before this game due to bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Hayes needs to be put centre back next season. For me Hannons physically spent . I do feel Finn got a fine roasting on Sunday but he ll come again. Plenty of jusice left in this panel but there still needs to be more youth..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Limerick will still be there or thereabouts for the next few years , but, not with the same dominance as over the last few years, which it to be expected. They owe nothing to Limerick, won all around them over the last 6 or 7 years.

Btw if Kiely is leaving, can ye please send him down to Galway to sort out our mess; although I think not even Kiely and Cody combined could sort us out 😅! Will have to rely on the footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Any truth in the rumour Kiely is lining up running in the next general election?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭LMK

What a fantastic team, got so much from themselves and enjoyed it as well, as did we, this time will be remembered for a long time in Limerick, shag the 5 in a row it won't make a bit of difference to the memory we have of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is taking a career break (confirmed on Examiner), till September 2025 (missing a full academic year) so maybe it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Seadin

If he goes, I can't see Limerick been at the top again. Imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭shockframe

It needed to change last season really.

We got a bit lucky last season in Munster and the All Ireland win papered over the cracks somewhat.

Since the Kiely reign there is about 12 or so decent forwards that have made a mark but the defence hasn't really changed except for one long term injured player replacing another.

Obviously that wasn't an issue at the teams ludicrous best in 20/21 but it started to show last season and the forward brilliance took the focus away.

In any year you start with the best set of players understandably but it crept up on us as we got close to the 5 in a row attempt and Cork went to town on it with their pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Iecrawfc

Ethan Hurley from Newcastlewest, Jimmy Quilty from Blackrock have been/are on the panel, nobody else apart from Coughlan who seems to have fallen down the pecking order, even though he's making the 26...may need some new blood but will need to come from 21-25 age group as we have been poor enough underage last few years and will be behind Tipp, Clare and Cork next few years

Cian Scully was also on early enough but seems to have been let go close to championship. And Ronan Connolly too.

Quilty was out with the cruciate injury last season so would be asking a lot to be ready for championship maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

Good responses. Half back line is an area that needs work as Cork in particular will be strong their going forward. I forgot about Cian Scully he captained u20s this year.

The concern is that you may have a scenario like Kerry Football facing into 1988.

All the greats coming to a shuddering halt and only 1 or 2 anywhere near the level of player in the aftermath of the Golden years.

Dublin and Kilkenny managed to hold on for a while as they had reinforcements on either end.

If 2 or 3 new players emerge to boost what's there then you may get through a transition.

Advertisement