Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford man here

I'm interested in ur new behind the scenes DVD of ur Hurlers AI journey as I'm a fan of those kind of docs but have a question. Is there actually much fly on the wall stuff in it or is basically just a highlights Dvd with a few interviews thrown in ???. €25 is a lot to pay for a non Limerick fan lol but will pay if it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford man here

I'm interested in ur new behind the scenes DVD of ur Hurlers AI journey as I'm a fan of those kind of docs but have a question. Is there actually much fly on the wall stuff in it or is basically just a highlights Dvd with a few interviews thrown in ???. €25 is a lot to pay for a non Limerick fan lol but will pay if it's worth it

I for one don't know much about it but will get it when it does come out

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Kyle Hayes getting a fair old roasting over on the Cork forum (People's Republic PROC) for his antics in the Fenway gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

Kyle Hayes getting a fair old roasting over on the Cork forum (People's Republic PROC) for his antics in the Fenway gig.
    He was probably was a bit over the top in how he carried on for what was only a bit of an exhibition thing. His tackle on the Wexford lad was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Unfortunate he caught the wexford lad like that, wasn't intentional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Unfortunate he caught the wexford lad like that, wasn't intentional
    No but it was quite wreckless. I’d say he’d be disappointed he did it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭shockframe

Well done to TJ Ryan who coached st Thomas to the Galway SHC last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford man here

I have seen it...it is not a behind the scenes dvd but more highlights of matches and a few of the lads being interviewed and their thoughts on each match. Some scenes from the bus leaving croke park and a speech from John Kiely on the bus...some speech in fairness ..twould put hairs on the back of your neck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

big_drive wrote: »
    He was probably was a bit over the top in how he carried on for what was only a bit of an exhibition thing. His tackle on the Wexford lad was poor

Wexford camp bulling over that tackle. Young Reck had to get surgery on a broken jaw in Boston. Holiday and Christmas ruined. It was an exhibition match, why try and act the hard man at it???

conor05 wrote: »
    Wexford camp bulling over that tackle. Young Reck had to get surgery on a broken jaw in Boston. Holiday and Christmas ruined. It was an exhibition match, why try and act the hard man at it???

Couldn't agree more from the start i thought hayes was acting the bolli#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭rodders999

Hi all,

Cork man here looking to source a Christmas present for the old fella of a picture of the team line up from the All Ireland final with the names of the players underneath but really struggling to find much online. I would have thought the place would be flooded with them! He has one of the 1973 team which has taken pride of place in our house since as far back as I can remember so looking to give that a bit of company on the wall.

The only one I've come across is on eBay which for €45 delivered seems saucy just for a photograph.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Limerick-All-Ireland-Senor-Hurling-Champions-2018-GAA-Print/192726505674?hash=item2cdf6518ca:g:-WMAAOSwVcZb7wij:rk:3:pf:0

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

Surely a few different ones will come out for the Xmas market!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Hey lads. Will be moving down to Limerick in the new year. Be living around Dooradoyle area and am looking to do a bit of junior hurling.
    Any recommendations of clubs that won't mind a blow in joining? Think Mungret are near but don't know much about them

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Yep Mungret St. Pauls is the local club....premier intermediate and junior hurling.

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Hey lads. Will be moving down to Limerick in the new year. Be living around Dooradoyle area and am looking to do a bit of junior hurling.
    Any recommendations of clubs that won't mind a blow in joining? Think Mungret are near but don't know much about them

Mungret would be the local team but if you wanted junior solely then old Christians would be a good choice too plus they'd need you more than mungret would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Beaten by a goal v Tipp in our first match back.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Can anyone explain why is there Intercounty games being played in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Kiely out..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Kiely out..!! :D

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why is there Intercounty games being played in December?

Cos they're going to L.A. on the 27th i think then on to Mexico for a holiday, thats the reason why these games are being played now if your question is why at all would there be a competition on in dec/Jan I'd have to say it's crazy. I myself think there shouldn't be any thing done by any county until 1st jan so from Sept to Dec would be for club and when thats over rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

lim4ev wrote: »
    Cos they're going to L.A. on the 27th i think then on to Mexico for a holiday, thats the reason why these games are being played now if your question is why at all would there be a competition on in dec/Jan I'd have to say it's crazy. I myself think there shouldn't be any thing done by any county until 1st jan so from Sept to Dec would be for club and when thats over rest

its crazy if you ask me playing any gaa in december or even january , clare play cork in there first round game in this competition on the 29th of december ... complete and utter nonsense

this time of the year every intercounty player should be given time off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Aonghus O'Brien from Broadford in Co.Clare is the new Limerick senior hurling coach replacing the recently departed Jimmy Quilty for the 2019 season. I must say that as a Clare fan, I'm fuming that one of Clare's best hurling coaches around is linking up to our fiercest rivals. All that I can say is Limerick hurling is in safe hands with him. From my own point of view, shame on our county board for letting slip one of our prized coaching assets to our Shannonsiders counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Aonghus O'Brien from Broadford in Co.Clare is the new Limerick senior hurling coach replacing the recently departed Jimmy Quilty for the 2019 season. I must say that as a Clare fan, I'm fuming that one of Clare's best hurling coaches around is linking up to our fiercest rivals. All that I can say is Limerick hurling is in safe hands with him. From my own point of view, shame on our county board for letting slip one of our prized coaching assets to our Shannonsiders counterparts.

Great stuff.............as long as he's not a mole!

its crazy if you ask me playing any gaa in december or even january , clare play cork in there first round game in this competition on the 29th of december ... complete and utter nonsense

this time of the year every intercounty player should be given time off

Couldnt agree more

Watching the final again on RTE tonight, God, those last few minutes. Even rewatching it I wasn't sure it wouldn't end in tears.

Watching the final again on RTE tonight, God, those last few minutes. Even rewatching it I wasn't sure it wouldn't end in tears.

Watched it myself great to see, its 2019 now so time for thinking of this yr they're on a deserved holiday at the moment when they're back 2018 will be just a glorious memory from what I'm reading and hearing they'll be fully focused on that so difficult job of retaining the liam mc carthy

lim4ev wrote: »
    Watched it myself great to see, its 2019 now so time for thinking of this yr they're on a deserved holiday at the moment when they're back 2018 will be just a glorious memory from what I'm reading and hearing they'll be fully focused on that so difficult job of retaining the liam mc carthy

Tbh, I have no expectations for next year at all. I hope we stay up in 1A and escape Munster but honestly, could be back in 1B and out of Munster early so tight is the competition.

Tbh, I have no expectations for next year at all. I hope we stay up in 1A and escape Munster but honestly, could be back in 1B and out of Munster early so tight is the competition.

I suppose but alternatively cos it's so tight we might win munster and all irl its not impossible so why not? I'm expecting a lot tbh but cos it is so tight it could end in a whimper cos we got beat in 2 tight matches by a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Am expecting a big show in Munster this year,anything is possible after that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Does anyone know who will be the new Limerick U20 hurling manager for 2019? Pat Donnelly who guided the shannonsiders to All-Ireland and Munster U21 glory in 2017, decided not to go for the U20 gig, after Limerick's Munster semi-final loss against Tipp at U21 level last year. Limerick start their quest for U20 Munster Championship glory when they take on their Cork counterparts in the 1/4 final sometime in May, I think.

Advertisement