Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Confirmation that former Na Piarsaigh manager and Limerick senior hurling selector, Paul Beary has been announced as the new Limerick U20 hurling manager on a 2 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Good win today. Great battling qualities shown by team. Most important sign for year ahead was the work ethic. Their hurling was a bit off as you’d expect with being just back from holidays a few weeks. Another big test next Saturday to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Green to win, our usual wide tally kept wexford in it. Hegarty was totally out of it and then was the best player on the pitch by a mile 🀣 his best moments only highlight from a shoigt game

Bigger test next week, some poor mistakes from gillane but 1-1 were special scores, great to pick up 2 points on the road when just back from holiday etc

Daveys flush was busted a long time ago

Is there anything that can be done about the wides, won't get away with every time.

Against Kilkenny and Cork last July we had cut out a lot of the poor shooting but it returned in final. By look of things today they haven’t much hurling done. Won’t get away with it against tipp. Something to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Greensoup wrote: »
    Against Kilkenny and Cork last July we had cut out a lot of the poor shooting but it returned in final. By look of things today they haven’t much hurling done. Won’t get away with it against tipp. Something to look forward to.

Just to say some of the poor shooting in the final was tactical they were told to get there shots off as galway couldn't hurt us off puckouts and it worked.

But yeah has to be cut out for the bigger games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lads, any explanation for why Limerick had no sponsor on their shirts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

fricatus wrote: »

They are bankrolled by a billionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

fricatus wrote: »

We're stone broke after our exploits in 2018 and cant afford a printed logo.
    Lucky to have 20 jerseys. Rumour has it that the subs have to share.
    But don't be surprised to see the A.M. logo on them in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

washman3 wrote: »
    We're stone broke after our exploits in 2018 and cant afford a printed logo.
    Lucky to have 20 jerseys. Rumour has it that the subs have to share.
    But don't be surprised to see the A.M. logo on them in 2020.

yep not looking good lads jp will have to get the book out again and start taking a few bets :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

Just to say some of the poor shooting in the final was tactical they were told to get there shots off as galway couldn't hurt us off puckouts and it worked.

But yeah has to be cut out for the bigger games
    yeah really felt in the final that they were told shoot if it was on and don't let the heads drop about wides.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Having watched the match I feel we should have won handier but the wides are to be expected this time of year. Desperate time for hurling to be played. Davy spoke about how it didn't suit them having the 2 lads sent off. Not sure what planet he is on. Flanagan has a serious engine and would have troubled their defense. I would have thought Wexford would have been miles ahead of us physically. They were full of running but were not able to match up physically. Every free they got in the 1st half their physio was on to treat the player. although that may have been time wasting tactics as Limerick had the wind.
    A good start but i suppose the cutting edge will be gone from the league with no relegation this year.

It's great to be a limerick supporter these days, just have to enjoy every game

Boylan and POL coming on and playing great is shows we have great competition in the side

Seeing the kids doing the warm down with the subs is what it's all about

Well done to all and good luck for the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

It's great to be a limerick supporter these days, just have to enjoy every game

Boylan and POL coming on and playing great is shows we have great competition in the side

Seeing the kids doing the warm down with the subs is what it's all about

Well done to all and good luck for the championship

Indeed

Only line we could be vulnerable in if we got an injury is the full back line so far so good its early but impressive great trip to kk to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

My first post here. I love following the Clare footballers in all grades while also enjoying the occasional bit of the auld hurling also. I was astounded to read that the Limerick County Board have appointed a new Limerick minor football management team for 2019, just two months before the start of the Munster minor football championship round-robin stage. Joe Lee is the new Limerick minor football manager with James Ryan, former Limerick senior hurling captain, as coach.

Have the Limerick minor footballers started training yet, before this appointment was made on Tuesday? If not then that reflects very badly on the county board who did not cover themselves in glory last year too with their approach to the Limerick senior footballers, when current manager Billy Lee threatened to withdraw his team just hours before their Munster championship opener against Clare in May of last year for a variety of reasons. Our county board here is Clare also have this laissez-faire approach to football, in comparison to what the hurlers get.

I know that the Limerick football academy is doing trojan work at the moment in promoting and developing football in the county. I hope that things stabilize in Limerick football. A proud GAA county, at least your hurlers aren't doing too bad aren't they!!!!

Great win

Gillane unreal and possibly rely on him too much

Be good not to have him against cork

Who disagreed with me when I said pol would be challenging for half back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Great win

Gillane unreal and possibly rely on him too much

Be good not to have him against cork

Who disagreed with me when I said pol would be challenging for half back :)
    he played well but no chance of getting in if the other 3 are fit, a good replacement to have though

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Who will be the free taker this week-end?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Who will be the free taker this week-end?

Dowling surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Pandiani wrote: »
    Dowling surely?

He was pretty shocking on frees today, some good stuff on the ball during regular play but his free taking really let him down. Grand, settled day too, so no excuses.

• Advertisement

Frustrating day. left an awful lot of chances behind us. Move onto Ennis now next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Greensoup wrote: »
    Frustrating day. left an awful lot of chances behind us. Move onto Ennis now next week.

It's a nice little reality check. You can't go and have 18 wides and expect to win every day. You ll get caught. Cork are a very good side and they 'll be a tasty proposition coming to the Gaelic Grounds in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

I’m saying it all the time. Our shooting will be our downfall. Look at Kilkenny over the years, first touch over the bar. Nearly cost us the final last year

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Grand, settled day too, so no excuses.

Not sure it was as settled as thought. Was at the game and wind was constantly changing. One munute, not a puff, next minute blowing one way, few minutes later another way. Not to excuse him, he did miss what youd have expected him to take but when you see a guy as lethal as Horgan even missing from deadball a few times, fair to say the wind may have had a bit to play.

Really need to add pace to half back line or 1 of cork/clare will beat us to all Ireland, we struggle with both and continue to do so, management cant let it go on in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

For a league game in February it was good fare. Cork were the better Team, Limerick will be a target for as long as they hold Liam so they'll get no respite. I was impressed by Sean Finn and Peter Casey but not so impressed by ill discipline on parade, some throwing tantrums at a few of the ref's calls, it's understandable (concentration dropping after a long year) but there's no future in it, it's encouragement for opponents.. also one of our better talents trying to throw his weight around in a hot headed way, no advantage in crossing the line from controlled to uncontrolled aggression... might be no harm now to drop out of league contention and go to ground for a month...

We need the league for games for newcomers. Who are full back options, fanning and Brian o Connell? Need to try out a corner back as well Costello or o meara

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

We need the league for games for newcomers. Who are full back options, fanning and Brian o Connell? Need to try out a corner back as well Costello or o meara

Exactly. English got injured late on and still didn't replace him we need cover for fb line

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

lim4ev wrote: »
    Exactly. English got injured late on and still didn't replace him we need cover for fb line

English is out for 8 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    English is out for 8 weeks.

That's a big loss if confirmed. English will be coming back abit undercooked aswell but he's badly needed. I'm abit concerned with the noise coming out about Mike Casey..'a few more week's' is too vague really. They said the same a few weeks ago.
    Limerick need to manage their resources well now to be in the best possible shape come the first round in Munster. I'd like to see a few more changes against Clare, there's no point in going all out in Cusack Park,Better to keep that gunpowder dry until the summer in the Gaelic Grounds and then explode.

Advertisement