Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

lim4ev wrote: »
    I think the forums quiet as we're all kind of living the dream hurling wise but let's not fool ourselves the championship is going to be a totally different animal and it wouldn't be out of the question that we didn't get out if munster, I think we will but it'll be hard just pray we get through to the 19th of May without injuries especially 1-5 in my opinion are irreplaceable and that's with Casey at 3.

Yeah the first game will be very tough against cork, especially as they will have a game played and should be a bit sharper. Corks forwards always seem to cause our defence problems and there's only a puck of a ball between the two teams in big matches recently. Munster will be very tough as it's always hard to gauge championship by league hurling. Hopefully we can get off to a flyer like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Yeah the first game will be very tough against cork, especially as they will have a game played and should be a bit sharper. Corks forwards always seem to cause our defence problems and there's only a puck of a ball between the two teams in big matches recently. Munster will be very tough as it's always hard to gauge championship by league hurling. Hopefully we can get off to a flyer like last year

I think corks forwards would be troubling anyone its their issues in defence we have to exploit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I think corks forwards would be troubling anyone its their issues in defence we have to exploit

Cork have Scary forwards alright...!

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Cork have Scary forwards alright...!

Yes and with Alan cadogan back plus the addition of Robbie Flynn who I rate from what I've seen of him plus walsh they've more options than last yr. They still have issues in defence though not sure if t o mahony is what they hope he is

Yes and with Alan cadogan back plus the addition of Robbie Flynn who I rate from what I've seen of him plus walsh they've more options than last yr. They still have issues in defence though not sure if t o mahony is what they hope he is

He looked good in the league against us alright O Mahony but wasn't as impressive in other games.There was a new young lad half back too who was impressive I think his name was Downey, supposed to be highly rated in Cork. Cadogan will probably go full back.

They've a stronger panel than last year alright. I'm really looking forward to our game with them should be another cracker.

• Advertisement

True, they have exceptional forwards with buckets of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭raindodger

i think that our biggest loss would be gillane when he has been missing our forward line has not worked

raindodger wrote: »
    i think that our biggest loss would be gillane when he has been missing our forward line has not worked

All of them would be big losses esp gillane but we have a few options for gillane if he was to get injured we don't have alternatives for 1 2 3 and 4 in my opinion.

Now all teams have their indedpensibles just hope we can go injury free.

Can't wait for it all to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

True, they have exceptional forwards with buckets of pace.

And exceptional skill also....great at the ground hurling also......and each one as lightening fast as insane bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Watched that club game on TG4 yesterday, real stop/start hangbags stuff. The ref was shocking bad also. Not a great advertisement for Limerick Club Hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭raindodger

conditions were brutal for the match,agree about ref seemed to only ref one team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

What a difference a week makes glorious in kilmallock tonight

Bruff and bruee played out a draw

Dramatic last 10 mins with bruee grabbing 2 goals and both teams hitting good long range points

Bruff will feel they had their pockets picked

Paul Browne was outplayed by his brother, Paul was definitely minding himself

2 o dea's were good for bruee and Chris brown for bruff

Would ye think Paul browne has something to offer this yr? He was only a bit player last yr before his injury what'd ye think??

Robbie hanley didn't have a great game tonight either so anything is possible I suppose think jk is a fan of his so will be there abouts

Further the doon kilmallock game went the more dod stood out

Doon v kilmallock was a great contest

Doon played a sweeper and packed defence in the first half and with loads of pace up front caused kilmallock loads of trouble, were far better team and an excellent oor goal kept kilmallock in it

Doon were up in the second half and should have closed it out but dod missed a penalty

Gom came on and brought kilmallock back into it a chaotic ending allowed kilmallock grab a late equaliser

Doon forwards were excellent with Josh having his best senior outing

For kilmallock Aaron Costello, o donnell and oor were best

Thought the ref was fantastic only gave a free when he had to and let the game go

Doon v kilmallock was a great contest

Doon played a sweeper and packed defence in the first half and with loads of pace up front caused kilmallock loads of trouble, were far better team and an excellent oor goal kept kilmallock in it

Doon were up in the second half and should have closed it out but dod missed a penalty

Gom came on and brought kilmallock back into it a chaotic ending allowed kilmallock grab a late equaliser

Doon forwards were excellent with Josh having his best senior outing

For kilmallock Aaron Costello, o donnell and oor were best

Thought the ref was fantastic only gave a free when he had to and let the game go

Who was the ref paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jason O'Mahoney was named on the fixture list for that game.

washman3 wrote: »
    Jason O'Mahoney was named on the fixture list for that game.

Yup

I didn't hear of Any injuries was there any?

Oor looked bad going off but was ok after game just a twisted ankle I'd say - not in the frame apparently anyway

• Advertisement

The Doon and Kilmallock game is on Limerick gaa tv YouTube channel if anyone wants to watch it. I think the Adare and South Liberties game is on there too.

What's the story with tickets for the cork match I've checked the site for decent tickets and all its offering for last week is in the corner of the Mackey stand or the bottom left corner of open stand. What's the story if I go to centra can I choose my ticket there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What's the story with tickets for the cork match I've checked the site for decent tickets and all its offering for last week is in the corner of the Mackey stand or the bottom left corner of open stand. What's the story if I go to centra can I choose my ticket there?

I asked that question in Super Valu and the girl there said they cannot chose a section in either stand. You ask for a stand ticket and the computer prints out a random ticket in your chosen stand.
    So I chose 2 tickets for the City End terrace.
    Rumours that 35K tickets have now been sold.

Hate going on about this but if I've checked once I've checked a 1000 times for some decent tickets and all its offering for open stand are in the corner has anyone seen tickets for 217,218,219,220 being offered? If not why surely its a first come first served situation

Hate going on about this but if I've checked once I've checked a 1000 times for some decent tickets and all its offering for open stand are in the corner has anyone seen tickets for 217,218,219,220 being offered? If not why surely its a first come first served situation

All sold I'd say , all that's left is the corners

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Season tickets for both counties involved are in uncovered north stand in Gaelic grounds as well....so that takes up a lot of Centre sections.

Greensoup wrote: »
    Season tickets for both counties involved are in uncovered north stand in Gaelic grounds as well....so that takes up a lot of Centre sections.

Well at least that could explain why, I haven't missed more than 2 championship matches in 35 yrs .myself but ashamed to say I ouldn't figure it out

All sold I'd say , all that's left is the corners

If they are they weren't put up for public sale surely one of the times me or many of my friends would have hit it at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭shockframe

What a result for the footballers on Saturday night.

When you consider that they are without so many players (Ian + Josh Ryan, Neville, White, Naughton, Burke, Cahill, Hegarty) that was one of the best wins Limerick has had in a long long time. Some of the scores were just breathtaking. Imagine the hurlers beating a top team without the likes of Morrissey, Mulcahy, Hayes and Gillane and you go a long way to the significance of Saturday night.

We are up against it going to Cork but even a bad result in 3 weeks would have been worth it just for last Saturday. First on the football highlights last night nationwide and something for the underage academy to aspire to.

Well done to everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Any more update on potential attendance for this match? as previously stated 35k seems a bit high seen as on 30k were in cork last weekend but you never know!

Advertisement