Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dave 27 wrote: »
    Any more update on potential attendance for this match? as previously stated 35k seems a bit high seen as on 30k were in cork last weekend but you never know!

Stand tickets appear to be sold out anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Is that mackey stand or both seated stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

lim4ev wrote: »
    All sold I'd say , all that's left is the corners

If they are they weren't put up for public sale surely one of the times me or many of my friends would have hit it at the right time

When did you start looking for them? They've been on sale for a few weeks at this stage. I think its first come first serve for the good seats and alot of the good stand seats would have gone to season ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

We are going to walk all over Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    We are going to walk all over Cork.

No chance of that. Cork came to the Gaelic Grounds in Feb and led from start to finish. They really should have won the semi final last year, Limerick, though fully deserving of their win that day, were very lucky to win given how Cork seemed to have the thing in control in the second half until around the 62nd minute.

I think Limerick will shade it, but there's going to be no walking all over Cork unless there are serious problems in the Cork camp. Cork will feel they left that semi final behind them last year, they'll be dying to have another cut off Limerick. Last Sunday wasn't about the decline of Cork, it was the resurgence of Tipp, a brilliant win for them. If Limerick aren't qualified by the time they roll up in Thurles in round 5 they could be in big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Stand tickets appear to be sold out anyway..

Tickets for both stands back up on tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Pandiani wrote: »
    Tickets for both stands back up on tickets.ie

Put a decent man marker on Horgan and limerick will have a ten pt plus victory and more than likely end corks summer as Tipp will do with w’ford. Shaping up to be a kk v LK final

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Put a decent man marker on Horgan and limerick will have a ten pt plus victory and more than likely end corks summer as Tipp will do with w’ford. Shaping up to be a kk v LK final

Nonsense, there will be nothing in this- if anything Cork will be a lot better than last week. Limerick need to start fast or it will get away from them quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I think cork are at an advantage here in that they have a match under the belt, any defensive issues should be ironed out although they are a bit short of personnel there if they want to make changes.
    Limerick coming in very confident and rightly so. We have a different breed of player now that hopefully will deal with the favourites tag.
    Gutted not to be there this weekend.

pajoguy wrote: »
    I think cork are at an advantage here in that they have a match under the belt, any defensive issues should be ironed out although they are a bit short of personnel there if they want to make changes.
    Limerick coming in very confident and rightly so. We have a different breed of player now that hopefully will deal with the favourites tag.
    Gutted not to be there this weekend.

Cork were six pts up with ten mins r so left last year in the semi. Should have had game wrapped up.......Will this repeat unlikely. If anything Cork have regressed. The myth that ‘cork are never bet’ persists with some but I think it needs to be dispelled just like Offaly ‘never bet’ mythology was/is.

In saying that if ya analysis LK games last year they only scraped through in two. A 7/8 pt victory or more for LK.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Cork were six pts up with ten mins r so left last year in the semi. Should have had game wrapped up.......Will this repeat unlikely. If anything Cork have regressed. The myth that ‘cork are never bet’ persists with some but I think it needs to be dispelled just like Offaly ‘never bet’ mythology was/is.

In saying that if ya analysis LK games last year they only scraped through in two. A 7/8 pt victory or more for LK.......

'Never beat'. The only Munster county that uses 'bet' is Tipperary and not all parts. Same as the 'hurl' instead of the correct 'Hurley'. You hurl with a Hurley.

Nic_Col wrote: »
    No chance of that. Cork came to the Gaelic Grounds in Feb and led from start to finish. They really should have won the semi final last year, Limerick, though fully deserving of their win that day, were very lucky to win given how Cork seemed to have the thing in control in the second half until around the 62nd minute.

I think Limerick will shade it, but there's going to be no walking all over Cork unless there are serious problems in the Cork camp. Cork will feel they left that semi final behind them last year, they'll be dying to have another cut off Limerick. Last Sunday wasn't about the decline of Cork, it was the resurgence of Tipp, a brilliant win for them. If Limerick aren't qualified by the time they roll up in Thurles in round 5 they could be in big trouble.

I'd go along with that. A Cork team that should have won the semi-final but for Quaid's save last year, needing a win after losing at home, I wouldn't bet against them.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    'Never beat'. The only Munster county that uses 'bet' is Tipperary and not all parts. Same as the 'hurl' instead of the correct 'Hurley'. You hurl with a Hurley.

Did you not notice the quote marks around the words Cork are never bet ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

When did you start looking for them? They've been on sale for a few weeks at this stage. I think its first come first serve for the good seats and alot of the good stand seats would have gone to season ticket holders.

I first started to look for them 2 weeks ago and checked about 20 times a day the best seats that came up for open stand were 216

I'd be nervous of cork even more so after last Sunday I think we're better than cork but they are capable of beating us depending on the team they put out they have good forwards though heard m casey is hurling out of his skin at the moment he'll need to be to break even with Horgan. Surely cork can't be as bad again they looked like a team in fighting last Sunday but their backs are v average thats where I hope our advantage will be

I first started to look for them 2 weeks ago and checked about 20 times a day the best seats that came up for open stand were 216

Probably were gone already at that stage, seemed to be snapped up fairly fast.

I'd be nervous of cork even more so after last Sunday I think we're better than cork but they are capable of beating us depending on the team they put out they have good forwards though heard m casey is hurling out of his skin at the moment he'll need to be to break even with Horgan. Surely cork can't be as bad again they looked like a team in fighting last Sunday but their backs are v average thats where I hope our advantage will be

Yeah games between ourselves and cork always seem to be very close. There's only ever been a puck of a ball between the two teams recently. They'll be sharper having a game played.

Probably were gone already at that stage, seemed to be snapped up fairly fast.

I haven't met one person that bought good tickets on line it certainly wasn't a first come first served situation from what i see season ticket holders would count for some the rest well we'll have to guess where they went have a look for the clare match same ****e tickets on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Ya it'll be a battle and will tell us more about the hunger in the group more than the league could ever, might well be a draw again! Theres so little between and both teams seem to suit each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

big_drive wrote: »
    For me despite everything in the league i still think it will be Cork who have the best chance of taking the All Ireland off limerick this year.
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    Cork lack a physical presence and a plan b type approach, they are far too predictable and a bit like Clare in that regard, the result being that they simply concede too many frees. If Horgan or Harnedy are held they are at nothing.
    If....

They will have pace all across the half forward line and score readily, predictable yes, lets hope we have a plan, we didn't last year and had to rely on them imploding physically
    They didn't implode, they reverted to type. Not a single member of that Cork panel has an AI medal, there are far bigger threats to Limerick than Cork.
    I agree totally they have Alan cadogan back this yr plus Robbie o Flynn will be a good option as i rate him highly plus walsh will also be an option. They have issues at the back but can score freely I think cork and limerick are the 2 stand out teams for me. Of course I'm totally ignoring the league in saying this but the league this yr was phoney for me

I hate to say I told ye so, but I told ye so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

I hate to say I told ye so, but I told ye so!
    well They were piss poor o Sunday and Tipp aren't as good as Cork made em look.Tipp were hungrier and wanted it more so well see what cork are made of on Sunday

High bike wrote: »
    well They were piss poor o Sunday and Tipp aren't as good as Cork made em look.Tipp were hungrier and wanted it more so well see what cork are made of on Sunday

It will be very interesting indeed and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cork get the win, Limerick could be caught cold and Cork have the advantage of having a game and are pretty much in a must win scenario.

There was a little more to Sunday however than Tipp just being hungrier, they looked far leaner and fitter than Cork to my untrained eye - Bubbles, Barry and Barrett being three really obvious examples. The new S&C coach is obviously proving a good appointment, the role of S&C in GAA is becoming more and more prevalent year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Cork opted out of a few tackles Sunday imo, and were 2nd physically dont think they saw tipp coming - hopefully we can blow them out of it Sunday

Cork opted out of a few tackles Sunday imo, and were 2nd physically dont think they saw tipp coming - hopefully we can blow them out of it Sunday

Not to be labouring the point, but that is what Cork always do, Sunday was always going to be a shootout and with an Eamonn O'Shea trained Tipp forward line that was only going to end one way. If Horgan was to get injured Cork would struggle to beat the Dublins/Wexfords of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

It will be very interesting indeed and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cork get the win, Limerick could be caught cold and Cork have the advantage of having a game and are pretty much in a must win scenario.

There was a little more to Sunday however than Tipp just being hungrier, they looked far leaner and fitter than Cork to my untrained eye - Bubbles, Barry and Barrett being three really obvious examples. The new S&C coach is obviously proving a good appointment, the role of S&C in GAA is becoming more and more prevalent year on year.
    don't agree with u there Tipp just wanted it more and showed more desire and the Cork backs were all over the place.While they'll probably improve I'd be very surprised if Limerick don't have enough to win

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Cork supporter here ,Ye have a right to be confident Sunday,limerick have had a great year so far and look well drilled and unfazed but this is championship hurling and each game takes on a life of it's own.We know that if we play like we did last Sunday we will get hammered out the gate but these players are capable of a lot more and they know they can compete with this limerick team when were at our best.It should be a cracking atmosphere Sunday in Limerick though ,looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

Whats best option for parking on Sunday? With a view to getting back home to Cork at a resonable hour. Will expect delays and slow traffic and thats ok willput up with that.
    Just don't want to park up in some place foolish thats known to be a disaster to get out of etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

big_drive wrote: »
    Whats best option for parking on Sunday? With a view to getting back home to Cork at a resonable hour. Will expect delays and slow traffic and thats ok willput up with that.
    Just don't want to park up in some place foolish thats known to be a disaster to get out of etc.

Be nice and early, go through the tunnel and take the caherdavin exit, pay the toll and arrive at first roundabout take the first exit. Only travel a hundred yards and do a u turn on the road and park on the hard shoulder with the car facing back toward the roundabout you just came off. 10mins walk to ground and 15mins to the Woodfield. Thats where I park normally. The earlier the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

35k expected according to the Irish times, could be more if we get good weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

dave 27 wrote:
    35k expected according to the Irish times, could be more if we get good weather!

Ya hopefully it's full house...do limerick av full squad available...Kyle Hayes may be missing ?

Advertisement