Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

pajoguy wrote: »
    Be nice and early, go through the tunnel and take the caherdavin exit, pay the toll and arrive at first roundabout take the first exit. Only travel a hundred yards and do a u turn on the road and park on the hard shoulder with the car facing back toward the roundabout you just came off. 10mins walk to ground and 15mins to the Woodfield. Thats where I park normally. The earlier the better.

Great thanks. I'll be early there, around 12 or so. Any issues with clamping, tickets, etc?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just make sure ye don't stop in the cycle lane on the Ennis Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

warfie35 wrote: »
    Ya hopefully it's full house...do limerick av full squad available...Kyle Hayes may be missing ?

Why would Kyle Hayes be missing?

He is primed and ready to walk all over Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Why would Kyle Hayes be missing?

He is primed and ready to walk all over Cork.
    He's one man that really needs to up his game from the league thought he was average enough when he played.Didnt hear anything about he being missing though

Word going around Cork lat night about him missing alright. A rumour someone decided to start i'd imagine. Can't see it being true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Na Piarsaigh are having a Fanzone on Sunday for the game, free parking for cars before 1.30, some bus spaces

There will be space for kids to do kids stuff, Outside bars/Food and Music for the day and with a bit of luck the weather (and a result) will make it a fine day.

'tis all on Twitter,

Caherdavin Celtic usually charge for parking on their pitch next to Greenhills Hotel on big match days so presume it'll be the same for this weekend,

In more recent games, dumping your car in Cycle lanes, Blocking paths and on Grass Areas will get you a Parking Fine (and rightly so), so best to use the car parks provided locally.

big_drive wrote: »
    Word going around Cork lat night about him missing alright. A rumour someone decided to start i'd imagine. Can't see it being true

What part of Cork?

What part of Cork?

I work in north cork

I work in north cork

Sorry to hear that - I live on the South side of the City - They are not one bit confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

big_drive wrote:

Bit more than a rumour I'm led to believe.....If he misses out on starting 15 on sunday I think he is a massive loss because of his physicality

• Advertisement

warfie35 wrote: »
    Bit more than a rumour I'm led to believe.....If he misses out on starting 15 on sunday I think he is a massive loss because of his physicality

Kyle Hayes is fit and ready to walk all over Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Great thanks. I'll be early there, around 12 or so. Any issues with clamping, tickets, etc?

Once you are parked in the Hard Shoulder you should be fine. Some other roads nearby have cycle lanes and people pull up on footpaths and park over the cuyle lanes. Some people get done some dont. We parked on a footpath 4 yeas ago and got fines €80

See Picture attached. Always park in the hard shoulder coloured yellow. Park in Red and expect a fine like we got.

PhuckHugh wrote:

Never said he wasn't fit.....may miss out for disciplinary reasons.....personally i hope he does play

Fitness isn't the issue. Its if the headmaster puts him in detention for being a bold boy is the question!

big_drive wrote:
    Fitness isn't the issue. Its if the headmaster puts him in detention for being a bold boy is the question!

Nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Whats best option for parking on Sunday? With a view to getting back home to Cork at a resonable hour. Will expect delays and slow traffic and thats ok willput up with that.
    Just don't want to park up in some place foolish thats known to be a disaster to get out of etc.

I'd park in and about the city dock rd area if coming from cork 20 25 minutes walk from say where you turn up to punches cross twill be a disaster getting out if you cross the river

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Is there any park and ride facility? Would make a lot of sense give the traffic problems there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Is there any park and ride facility? Would make a lot of sense give the traffic problems there before.

Kyle Hayes has ‘gastro’ (dose of the sh1ts) which he can’t shake......one too many Guinness I’d say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Kyle Hayes has ‘gastro’ (dose of the sh1ts) which he can’t shake......one too many Guinness I’d say

That doesn't really answer his question......

Have not heard of any, GAA people like to park as close to the venue as possible.

Using the tunnel is probably the best way to get to the ground, Gardaí will keep it moving,
    If it's very busy getting back into the tunnel from the Caherdavin side on the way home, Head out to Cratloe and come back in to the Tunnel that way, you'll keep moving at least.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

No sooner was I all in that we were going to beat cork than we go and make the task waaay tougher, will need leadership and some big performances to get the win....not beyond us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭kala85

Absolutely.

Road-Hog wrote: »

Does he drive buses as well as hurl on the day?

Kenny B wrote: »
    Have not heard of any, GAA people like to park as close to the venue as possible.

Using the tunnel is probably the best way to get to the ground, Gardaí will keep it moving,
    If it's very busy getting back into the tunnel from the Caherdavin side on the way home, Head out to Cratloe and come back in to the Tunnel that way, you'll keep moving at least.

Yeah have been there many times. The rugby had a park and ride to thomond. Can’t see why they don’t do it for the Gaelic grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

No sooner was I all in that we were going to beat cork than we go and make the task waaay tougher, will need leadership and some big performances to get the win....not beyond us

Whats going on? How have we made it waay tougher....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

All the talk about Kyle Hayes was obviously b.s only change from the All Ireland team is Casey for Flanagan

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

pajoguy wrote: »
    Be nice and early, go through the tunnel and take the caherdavin exit, pay the toll and arrive at first roundabout take the first exit. Only travel a hundred yards and do a u turn on the road and park on the hard shoulder with the car facing back toward the roundabout you just came off. 10mins walk to ground and 15mins to the Woodfield. Thats where I park normally. The earlier the better.

I'd park in the city centre and walk in and out the Ennnis road over the Sarsfield bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

shockframe wrote: »
    What a result for the footballers on Saturday night.

When you consider that they are without so many players (Ian + Josh Ryan, Neville, White, Naughton, Burke, Cahill, Hegarty) that was one of the best wins Limerick has had in a long long time. Some of the scores were just breathtaking. Imagine the hurlers beating a top team without the likes of Morrissey, Mulcahy, Hayes and Gillane and you go a long way to the significance of Saturday night.

We are up against it going to Cork but even a bad result in 3 weeks would have been worth it just for last Saturday. First on the football highlights last night nationwide and something for the underage academy to aspire to.

Well done to everyone involved.

I'd look at it that if Tipp went through against us, they'd be marginal favourites against Cork in the semi-final. No reason why we can't give them a good rattle, and maybe get a result!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Someone gone from the back room team??

Advertisement