Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

High bike wrote: »
    Well it's very bad timing whatever the reason I'm sure it's not as simple as that otherwise why wait till now

She didn’t leave just now, she hasn’t been involved with Limerick in 2019.

Well it's very bad timing whatever the reason I'm sure it's not as simple as that otherwise why wait till now

She left ages back, on good terms. She has been back for events since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

She left ages back, on good terms. She has been back for events since.
    if that’s the case what’s all the fuss about,just move on and get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Yeah gillane has to go to the corner, with a new full forward, could play mulcahy as FF 30 yards from goal and let him distribute from there seen him do it from there or Downes 30 yards out and tell him to run at the defence. Casey & Mul not a great combo, casey cant really pass the ball is an out and out finisher needs to work on this. There are options there, the lads on the sideline (all Ireland winners:D) just need to change things up a bit. Need to Give someone with pace a run at midfield/half back to give options

Paddy any chance you'd watch the last 7 minutes of the all irl semi final normal time and then say again casey cant really pass the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

if that’s the case what’s all the fuss about,just move on and get on with it

I think you are mixing up two different conversations here, the original departure that sparked the debate was not Caroline's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I note that people seem to be unwilling to countenance dropping someone from the Half back line. I'd like to see Dan Morrissey in the centre as a stopping centre back and Paddy O Loughlin come in on the wing. Then one from Hannon and Byrnes on the wing.
    For the Waterford game I'd start Dowling in at full forward in an orthodox full forward line with Mulcahy and Gillane. I'd also ask English to tweek his game and not be 'all or nothing' every time

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think you are mixing up two different conversations here, the original departure that sparked the debate was not Caroline's
    ok so who then,what’s all the mystery about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

lim4ev wrote: »
    Paddy any chance you'd watch the last 7 minutes of the all irl semi final normal time and then say again casey cant really pass the ball

Come on, in general he doesn't pass, had an opportunity to play lads in on goal on sunday and couldn't/didnt - not the first time - we all have room for improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

If it had to happen then the Cork defeat couldn't have come at a better time.

I thought the first half was ok, second half poor, a lot of silly frees given away followed by the obligatory hop skip and jump by the perpetrators.. doesn't usually end well.. possibly workrate wasn't high enough to make everything else happen or just that Cork were that good

Its clear that when we aren't bossing the game then our poorish scoring efficiency against quality opposition is a big burden

One thing that stood out (in a bad way) for a few reasons, it looked as if DO'D is our sole line ball taker this looks amateurish when it goes pear shaped as it did on Sunday

I think if they can keep their composure and scratch out a few wins without making the headlines then they will be fine and dangerous in 6 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

LMK wrote: »
    If it had to happen then the Cork defeat couldn't have come at a better time.

I thought the first half was ok, second half poor, a lot of silly frees given away followed by the obligatory hop skip and jump by the perpetrators.. doesn't usually end well.. possibly workrate wasn't high enough to make everything else happen or just that Cork were that good

Its clear that when we aren't bossing the game then our poorish scoring efficiency against quality opposition is a big burden

One thing that stood out (in a bad way) for a few reasons, it looked as if DO'D is our sole line ball taker this looks amateurish when it goes pear shaped as it did on Sunday

I think if they can keep their composure and scratch out a few wins without making the headlines then they will be fine and dangerous in 6 weeks time.

A bit like clare last year, if it doesn't derail the whole season may be best in the long term...alot of the media hype has disappeared about us being kilkenny 2006-2012 incarnate, no matter how they try to block that out it has to seep through. Things were way too casual, even dod missing those sidelines, head wasnt in it.
    Would like to see us develop an speedy alternate for the half back line in case we get pulled apart like last Sunday.

• Advertisement

Come on, in general he doesn't pass, had an opportunity to play lads in on goal on sunday and couldn't/didnt - not the first time - we all have room for improvement

I think I might know the passage of play you're talking about was it when Hegarty made a great run? If so you could see he knew he was there but just couldn't get to him. Anyway paddy sorry don't agree with you on that, but yes all have room for improvement

Maybe going forward starting our best team isn't the way to go also as mentioned above a speedier half back line would be a good option to have would colin ryan do a job there? I'm not suggesting wholesale changes for Waterford game but if we started o Donohue at 6 Hanley at 9 boylan at half forward and dowling or flanagan at 14 now you have a strong bench to come on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Hannon is a super hurler and stil lstarts but when a Kearney/Kelly type player is picked to roam then someone has to pick them up - not players fault here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Huge match this weekend lads. Really looking forward to it and very nervous at the same time. Fully expect us to be up for this from the off but so will Waterford with how their campaign has gone so far. The whole championship for Limerick is hanging on this game as it will likely be too much pressure to get 4/4 points from last two games (also 4 might not be enough to get through!)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

slegs wrote: »
    Huge match this weekend lads. Really looking forward to it and very nervous at the same time. Fully expect us to be up for this from the off but so will Waterford with how their campaign has gone so far. The whole championship for Limerick is hanging on this game as it will likely be too much pressure to get 4/4 points from last two games (also 4 might not be enough to get through!)

Massive game for both sides. From a Limerick perspective if they don't win (& that's a big ask down there) you'd have to say the year is over for them.
    I'd like to see Dowling start at FF and gillane going corner forward for the extra bit of grunt . Hopefully they won't be as flat as they were against Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I think ye will bounce back alright

The first game will bring ye on no end

Things are very quiet since the Cork match which is a good sign, I’d say they’ll come out through the dressing room door on Sunday and hopefully get the show back on the road

Things are very quiet since the Cork match which is a good sign, I’d say they’ll come out through the dressing room door on Sunday and hopefully get the show back on the road

Yes hopefully they will. The alternative is rather depressing. Lose on Sunday and Limerick will lose again to Clare the following week and follow that up with Tipp in Thurles for a 'nothing' match..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think we will beat Waterford on Sunday. The Clare game will be a right battle. Hopefully if we beat Clare Tipp will already be in the Munster final and will rest players for their final round robin game. Limerick Abu.

billyhead wrote: »
    I think we will beat Waterford on Sunday. The Clare game will be a right battle. Hopefully if we beat Clare Tipp will already be in the Munster final and will rest players for their final round robin game. Limerick Abu.
    i love ur optimism;)

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »

An alternative scenario could be us losing to Waterford clare beating tipp then us beating clare and tipp and go thru on the head to head with tipp??

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

lim4ev wrote: »
    An alternative scenario could be us losing to Waterford clare beating tipp then us beating clare and tipp and go thru on the head to head with tipp??
    I think if we lose to Waterford that's our year finished, couldn't see them finding form to beat clare and tipp after losing first 2.

There’s no guarantee that Tipp will win in Ennis,I know I wouldn’t be surprised if Clare win that one and burst the Tipp bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

High bike wrote:
    There’s no guarantee that Tipp will win in Ennis,I know I wouldn’t be surprised if Clare win that one and burst the Tipp bubble

Agree there. And if we get back on track against Waterford and Clare it's not a crazy outcome that heading into the last round it may be
    Tipp pld 3, 4 pts
    Clare pld 3, 4 pts
    Limerick pld 3, 4 pts
    Cork pld 3, 4 pts
    W'ford pld 4, 0 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Agree there. And if we get back on track against Waterford and Clare it's not a crazy outcome that heading into the last round it may be
    Tipp pld 3, 4 pts
    Clare pld 3, 4 pts
    Limerick pld 3, 4 pts
    Cork pld 3, 4 pts
    W'ford pld 4, 0 pts

And in that scenario Limerick would have to draw or beat Tipp as Clare beating Cork would put Lim out on head to head v Cork

I wonder will ther be changes in the team for Sunday, will Flanagan start?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

I wonder will ther be changes in the team for Sunday, will Flanagan start?

JK said in an interview last night Flanagan is injured but might make Clare game. D Dempsey is out and Tom Condon is fit again.
    As for changes I doubt we will see any. They will probably give the lads a chance to prove that they are better than what they showed the last day.

JK said in an interview last night Flanagan is injured but might make Clare game. D Dempsey is out and Tom Condon is fit again.
    As for changes I doubt we will see any. They will probably give the lads a chance to prove that they are better than what they showed the last day.
    ur prob right,Flanagan is a loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

If Clare beat Tipp they'll be on 4 points
    If Cork beat Clare they'll be on 4 points
    If Waterford beat Limerick and Cork they'll be on 4 points
    If Limerick beat Clare and Tipp they'll be on 4 points

All 5 teams would then finish on 4 points. It's not inconceivable though obviously unlikely, but I think point is it's still too early to talk about permutations.

• Advertisement

There ll be three changes. At midfield, full forward and 1 more from the under par half backs. This giving guys a second chance is outdated and really theres no room for it in a large highly skilled and competitive panel.

Advertisement