Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Wouldn’t agree I think they deserve a chance to put it right.There was so many of them off the pace against Cork you could make 10 changes.How can you single out 2 or 3 lads and make them carry the can for the whole lot,if they were good enough in August they’r still good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭914

This may have been posted already.

Anyone traveling to Waterford for the game Sunday.

Mount Sion GAA is an official car park for the game, less than a 5 minute walk to Walsh Park (650 meters).

Space for 900 cars, €5 per car (ample bus parking). 3 bars, outside bar, food stalls live music and a great GAA club atmosphere. Playing areas will also be available for junveniles to puck around.

Directions to club house from Rice Bridge (5 minute drive)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9bw56hNBYUiW6Vrp6

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

No pre printed tickets for the Waterford match the weekend for season ticket holders?? Am I right in thinking that as it's usually emailed out with what's happening before the weds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

No pre printed tickets for the Waterford match the weekend for season ticket holders?? Am I right in thinking that as it's usually emailed out with what's happening before the weds?

bring your card to the turnstile like the league games , unreserved seating in the seated stand is where ye will be , that's the way it was for the clare game down there few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Can't believe Byrnes is dropped but we needed to make changes

Hopefully gillane in corner, mul can play the ff role

• Advertisement

I'm worried, one of the reasons teams can't go defensive on us is Byrnes long shooting, he's lethal from distance and on 65's.

Really think issue is on the other side but would have to watch cork game back

Good luck to the 2 new starters

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I'm worried, one of the reasons teams can't go defensive on us is Byrnes long shooting, he's lethal from distance and on 65's.

Really think issue is on the other side but would have to watch cork game back

Good luck to the 2 new starters

Watch back the Cork Game. His man got 5 points. Hes playing too loose and neglecting his primary role. Long shooting is an add on but only an add on bonus. He misses plenty of them aswell.Some time on the bench might focus him for the rest of the season. His free taking ability is a loss. I wonder who ll take the long ones. Iv yet to be convinced by Willy O D midfield. Big athletic guy but abit slow to release the ball.and probe to fouling

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Watch back the Cork Game. His man got 5 points. Hes playing too loose and neglecting his primary role. Long shooting is an add on but only an add on bonus. He misses plenty of them aswell.Some time on the bench might focus him for the rest of the season. His free taking ability is a loss. I wonder who ll take the long ones. Iv yet to be convinced by Willy O D midfield. Big athletic guy but abit slow to release the ball.and probe to fouling

Hope it goes well for both of them , they must be showing it in training & are there on merit. The Waterford forward line named looks strong enough so we will have our work cut out for us

Kearney would have done the same to any of them I think, Tom didn't catch a ball and everything went to his side. Byrnes had a good league unlike others who were poor,

Wod will be a defensive midfielder I'd say, Dempsey is the one to get forward for na piarsiagh.

Glad management have made a decision anyway

Yes it ll be a baptism of fire. To be honest I think Waterford will give Linerick plenty of it and I think Limerick are going to struggle to come out with anything. I'd take a point and then use that to take 2 against Clare and then it's all or nothing against the Huns in the final game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Looking at the line-up for Limerick I am bit worried. Diarmuid O'Donovan is being punished for an off day not to mention Par Ryan and Shane Dowling way down the pecking order.

I thought Cian Lynch was useless against Cork but am open to a roasting by you all here on boards.

I pass no apologies but in my opinion Graham Mulcahy is by far the better hurler

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

angeleyes wrote: »
    Looking at the line-up for Limerick I am bit worried. Diarmuid O'Donovan is being punished for an off day not to mention Par Ryan and Shane Dowling way down the pecking order.

I thought Cian Lynch was useless against Cork but am open to a roasting by you all here on boards.

I pass no apologies but in my opinion Graham Mulcahy is by far the better hurler

with lynch you probably need to take a look at the ground he covers too , he is a serious hurler but if he is asked to play a defensive role or man marking job it takes him away from the game , we had the same problem last year with tony kelly against cork in munster final .

graham mul has been a sensation for limerick the last few years , id say he was close to 5/5 when he had 1-4 on the board against cork he dose get very quiet at times though in games

pat ryans wides and dowlings fitness are probably the reasons why they are not featured more , pat ryan has serious pace but needs to steady himself more , he is still very young though so i would not give up on him at all

angeleyes wrote: »

Lynch & Mulcahy were only two who had good games against Cork. He certainly wasn't "useless"- he put in a massive shift but not everything came off for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Lynch & Mulcahy were only two who had good games against Cork. He certainly wasn't "useless"- he put in a massive shift but not everything came off for him.

Totally agree lynch useless v cork? Come on?? No one near him in limk set up that day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Folks, anyone know if we can still buy train tickets for tomorrows game.?
    Would the office in the Gaelic Grounds have some.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

washman3 wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know if we can still buy train tickets for tomorrows game.?
    Would the office in the Gaelic Grounds have some.?

https://limerickgaa.ie/product/limerick-gaa-special-supporters-train-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Thanks for that link Copper Pipe.
    Reading through it, says the tickets will be posted, bit late for that now.
    Any idea if they can be picked up somewhere.?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Good day today, big limerick support in waterford and great to set the scoring average up as it could be vital at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Greensoup wrote: »
    Good day today, big limerick support in waterford and great to set the scoring average up as it could be vital at the end.

Scoring avg wont come into play , lose next week and we will be out . Cant see Cork losing against Waterford

I dont see how the scoring average will make a difference . It goes on head to heads to see who qualifies. Maybe the Munster finalists will be decided on head to head .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I dont see how the scoring average will make a difference . It goes on head to heads to see who qualifies. Maybe the Munster finalists will be decided on head to head .

Scoring difference comes into play if 3 teams are level on 4 points. For example if we beat Clare, lost to tipp, cork beat Waterford and lost to Clare we would all be on 4 points. I think scoring difference would come into play then

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Sorry not necessarily for points but three teams level on points, can't be decided by head to head so it would be decided on score difference

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

if we beat Clare and lose to tipp, and Clare beat cork in Ennis on last day, us, Clare and Cork will all be on 4 points....then positions sorted by score difference....so it is important.

Effectively a 15 minute match and then a training game

Be some rumble in the gg next week

Effectively a 15 minute match and then a training game

Be some rumble in the gg next week

Has to be some crowd there next week. Limericks sidelines are still a shambles.. not as bad as against Cork. Hegarty has obviously been given the job but told to go short. There fine but he doesn't disguise it so everyone knows hes going short..Haha. ut could be so easily fixed. Just go in and take it immediately or place it like your going long and quickly hit a free man...if theres no free man you have to go long . .. Today he ambles over...bolt upright and Waterford go umm 'hes going short here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Has to be some crowd there next week. Limericks sidelines are still a shambles.. not as bad as against Cork. Hegarty has obviously been given the job but told to go short. There fine but he doesn't disguise it so everyone knows hes going short..Haha. ut could be so easily fixed. Just go in and take it immediately or place it like your going long and quickly hit a free man...if theres no free man you have to go long . .. Today he ambles over...bolt upright and Waterford go umm 'hes going short here'.
    id say ODonovan will be back next week even though ODonoghue did ok,hopefully the line balls will be sorted then.What I’d like to know is who’s on the long range frees if Byrnes isn’t there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

High bike wrote: »
    id say ODonovan will be back next week even though ODonoghue did ok,hopefully the line balls will be sorted then.What I’d like to know is who’s on the long range frees if Byrnes isn’t there

O loughlin was taking long range frees in the warm up today from his own 45 with the wind so possibly him - I saw him get 3 out of the four he took.

Would agree O'Donovan will probably start the next day - his sidelines will be better the next day. I've given the team and management a pass for the cork game and have it written off as a very bad day at the office where nothing went right.

Tough game next weekend - we owe Clare a beating so hopefully we put in a performance although I do fear a Clare backlash after today and they seem to have a hoodoo on us the past few years.

Was a good solid effort today - Waterford just stood back and watched us though. We were up against a team that have serious structural or attitude problems so we can't read anything into today really - similar to the hiding we got off Tipp in Croke park years ago.

Lynch's final score was a thing of beauty - started and finished the move after sprinting 70 yards up the pitch; champagne hurling. Hegarty never stopped working. Hannon held the centre well.

Hope Barry Murphy makes a speedy recovery - looked like a pulled hamstring.

Browney7 wrote: »
    O loughlin was taking long range frees in the warm up today from his own 45 with the wind so possibly him - I saw him get 3 out of the four he took.

Would agree O'Donovan will probably start the next day - his sidelines will be better the next day. I've given the team and management a pass for the cork game and have it written off as a very bad day at the office where nothing went right.

Tough game next weekend - we owe Clare a beating so hopefully we put in a performance although I do fear a Clare backlash after today and they seem to have a hoodoo on us the past few years.

Was a good solid effort today - Waterford just stood back and watched us though. We were up against a team that have serious structural or attitude problems so we can't read anything into today really - similar to the hiding we got off Tipp in Croke park years ago.

Lynch's final score was a thing of beauty - started and finished the move after sprinting 70 yards up the pitch; champagne hurling. Hegarty never stopped working. Hannon held the centre well.

Hope Barry Murphy makes a speedy recovery - looked like a pulled hamstring

Massive performance from the lads , Waterford were spetic though. The match next week against Clare is a dogfight & season defining. Keep the heads down and anything is possible- luimmeach abu

Browney7 wrote: »

That has to be the big big fear. Clare have beaten us fairly easily recently and have absolutely no issue with winning in the Gaelic Grounds.

Limerick were decent today, hard to know just how good because it's impossible to work out what has happened Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

That has to be the big big fear. Clare have beaten us fairly easily recently and have absolutely no issue with winning in the Gaelic Grounds.

Limerick were decent today, hard to know just how good because it's impossible to work out what has happened Waterford.

Clare bullied us around Ennis last year. It’s not going to happen next week. Anyone who saw the league match in Ennis earlier in year will know these two groups don’t like each other very much. It will be a battle but one I think Limerick will win

Advertisement