Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

Its an interesting one as you'd feel Tipp beat very poor Clare and Waterford teams.
    And think it was just one of those days for Cork when they played. If Tipp & Cork play again i'd expect the result to go the other way. Also think i'd back Limerick to beat Tipp, if not Sunday then long term

I'd still give Limerick & Cork a better chance of winning the All Ireland this year than Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

big_drive wrote: »
    Its an interesting one as you'd feel Tipp beat very poor Clare and Waterford teams.
    And think it was just one of those days for Cork when they played. If Tipp & Cork play again i'd expect the result to go the other way. Also think i'd back Limerick to beat Tipp, if not Sunday then long term

I'd still give Limerick & Cork a better chance of winning the All Ireland this year than Tipp.

Unless Cork play about 6 in the fullback line they are not going to beat Tipp, Tipp's full forward line will destroy Cork and Corks open shoot out style of hurling is music to the ears of an Eamon O'Shea trained forward unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

big_drive wrote: »

Sure that's all Limerick have beaten either.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Dcmb1984 wrote: »
    I heard this being said by a couple of people. I can't see where people are making this judgement from. Tipp played a Cork team who were flat and stuck to ground. A poor Waterford team and a poor Clare team.
    I just can't see how people think there a head of any other teams at the moment. Tipp have played no team of any real quality yet. Sunday will be the test.

Absolutely spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

If you look at spread of scorers across the 3 games, the way Cork, Tipp and ourselves put Waterford away, how we and Tipp put Clare away, youd say theres not much between the 3 teams.
    Cork rely on Horgan, but only a little more than weve been relying on Gillane. Much more than Tipp rely on their top scorer Forde who many say isnt having the same impact as their other forwards. But look at the spread of scorers and I think we have about 15 or 16, to Corks 14 or 15 different scoreres to Tipps 13 or so.
    Cork will love this attention Tipp and us get, theyre not far behind at all, only thing I think is they havnt shown as fluid a performance as us or Tipp. That could come Sunday against Clare. Cork are working away quietly, that makes me nervous.

Couldnt call us v Tipp, and with the potential of a repeat in 3 weeks the performances this weekend may not reflect the true quality especially for Tipp who are bar a double hammering in Thurles and Ennis guaranteed a Munster final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭raindodger

looking to sunday think limerick will put out there best team to try and make munster final
    last year finishing third suited a young team now with the confidence gained the direct route is there best option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

raindodger wrote: »
    looking to sunday think limerick will put out there best team to try and make munster final
    last year finishing third suited a young team now with the confidence gained the direct route is there best option

anyone who thinks limerick will be shadow boxing has not been paying attention to john kiely since he took over

i imagine he is 100% committed to winning a munster title now at this stage , i highly doubt he would want to hand any sort of incentive to tipperary or even cork should they win sunday

he gave a very impressive post match interview last week about not wanting to give an inch to anyone for the rest of the year so imagine he would see leaving thurles empty handed would be a step backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

raindodger wrote: »

I think they'll be going for it hell for leather, have a feeling we may see flanagan start ff for this one...and Dan Morrissey back in the half back line as tipp pace not as much of a concern in the half forward line.
    Hoping the minors can do the business and get into another munster final, hopefully colin coughlan is back for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Mehapoy wrote: »
    I think they'll be going for it hell for leather, have a feeling we may see flanagan start ff for this one...and Dan Morrissey back in the half back line as tipp pace not as much of a concern in the half forward line.
    Hoping the minors can do the business and get into another munster final, hopefully colin coughlan is back for this.

Am I correct in saying re minors if us and clare win on Sunday it'll be a Limerick v clare munster final??

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

lim4ev wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying re minors if us and clare win on Sunday it'll be a Limerick v clare munster final??

Guys I dont see Limerick winning this game. Tipp are rested and its Limericks third game in a row. There will be a dip in form and Tipp only need a sniff. I think Clare will perform this wkend and could beat Cork. It would be great if Limerick gave them a dig out and knocked Cork out at the same time. Cork will be so hard to beat this year in Croker. It's better to see them out the door now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Guys I dont see Limerick winning this game. Tipp are rested and its Limericks third game in a row. There will be a dip in form and Tipp only need a sniff. I think Clare will perform this wkend and could beat Cork. It would be great if Limerick gave them a dig out and knocked Cork out at the same time. Cork will be so hard to beat this year in Croker. It's better to see them out the door now

Think that’s why we will have changes as Kiely will have learned from Clare last year. Think Darragh o Donovan, Flanagan and Dan Morrissey will all start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Yeah think he needs to make 1 or 2 changes to keep fellas rested to an extent....realistically, Lynch, Corner backs and 1 of Gillane Mulcahy could do with a rest but probably wont be one of them switched out

We will go hard at it im sure, the subs seem fixed, would be nice to see someone else push thru and show that they are impressing in training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Big changes for Sunday , Hannon must be injured not in the squad

I got 2 of the 4 right

Hannon being rested for a small injury

Corner back situation is biggest concern

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I got 2 of the 4 right

Hannon being rested for a small injury

Corner back situation is biggest concern

When you say cb situation are you saying if we get an injury there? I feel nauseated at the thought I thought that lad is it Connolly from Adare? I thought he looked the real deal in minors run to the all ireland final at cb in 16 he was on the panel but got no game time think he was playing in the forwards for Adare

lim4ev wrote: »
    When you say cb situation are you saying if we get an injury there? I feel nauseated at the thought I thought that lad is it Connolly from Adare? I thought he looked the real deal in minors run to the all ireland final at cb in 16 he was on the panel but got no game time think he was playing in the forwards for Adare

Yeah exactly if injured starters are fine, if Costello has jumped wom in the pecking order then give him a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Would losing today be all that bad providing its a decent performance. If we finish third we play westmeath/Laois then loser between kk and wexford. Nothing to fear from that plus we would have extra games behind us just like last Yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Pathetic.

Pathetic.
    what was pathetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Overplayed the ball way too much.

• Advertisement

Overplayed the ball way too much.
    prob did a bit but all’s not lost yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Plenty to be hopeful about in the Munster Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Dowling a huge disappointment today given he had a big opportunity to impress. Just an Impact player off the bench with defenses tiring. Flanagan was also poor although he's only back from injury. Different team in a packed gaelic grounds and hopefully a different result

Dowling a huge disappointment today given he had a big opportunity to impress. Just an Impact player off the bench with defenses tiring. Flanagan was also poor although he's only back from injury. Different team in a packed gaelic grounds and hopefully a different result

Half backs were poor on the ball...this stick passing instead of hand passing is ridiculous. Byrnes caught out ....Limerick will need to uo the ante or suffer another big defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Frustrating game....some of our lads will feature on the assists chart for tipp scores...Two who didn’t start last week the biggest culprits for over doing the short game and giving ball away. Tipp scored 2 points from sideline, we gave away a scored free because we weren’t able to take one.....they all add up. Still think we ll be a different animal in two weeks.

Fellas done more to get off the team sadly, Graeme plays a half and is still our best forward, Kyle worked like a dog was gassed on 60, Dan's legs were like lead on 50 mins, don't think the game lacked intensity as said on radio

Byrnes and pat Ryan only ones to run at the opposition and cause them trouble

Passing and handling by backs and midfield was dire (Flanagan's touch was criminal 😂)

We'll win in 2 weeks but don't think we have solved any problems

Could wod be our 3rd best half back? He's in trouble when he goes forward but is great to win ball

Greensoup wrote: »
    Frustrating game....some of our lads will feature on the assists chart for tipp scores...Two who didn’t start last week the biggest culprits for over doing the short game and giving ball away. Tipp scored 2 points from sideline, we gave away a scored free because we weren’t able to take one.....they all add up. Still think we ll be a different animal in two weeks.
    would agree Tipp were sharper and their 1st touch was better,I think a combination of the 3rd game in a row and the fact we didn't have to win contributed a lot to the performance.A full team and fresh legs in 2 weeks time I'd expect a different result.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭1373

As a Tipp man , I think Kiely will be delighted with what he saw today . Our full back line could not stop a runner , the limerick full forward line won most balls that were delivered and now Barrett gone for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Strange game. O'Loughlin at half back gives plenty graft but not enough craft for me and has played himself out of the team in my book - he's gotten lost for a goal today and chances against Waterford and Clare too. Missed Hannon's distribution. Our 5 to 8 were very ponderous on the ball. Thought O'Donoghue was excellent today. Hayes worked incredibly hard I thought. Gillane's frees excellent

I think kiely was clever in that he has tested backup players in key positions in championship hurling - we now know how vital Mulcahy, Hegarty, Lynch and Hannon are now.

Flanagan's touch wasn't there today along with a few others, they'll know that and I've no doubt they'll improve.

I fear we may regret not knocking Cork out of the championship by winning today

• Advertisement

Browney7 wrote: »
    Strange game. O'Loughlin at half back gives plenty graft bit not enough craft for me and has played himself out of the team in my book - he's gotten lost for a goal today and chances against Waterford and Clare too. Missed Hannon's distribution. Our 5 to 8 were very ponderous on the ball. Thought O'Donoghue was excellent today. Hayes worked incredibly hard I thought. Gillane's frees excellent

I think likely was clever in that he has tested backup players in key positions in championship hurling - we now know how vital Mulcahy, Hegarty, Lynch and Hannon are now.

Flanagan's touch wasn't there today along with a few others, they'll know that and I've no doubt they'll improve.

I fear we may regret not knocking Cork out of the championship by winning today

Exactly right 5 to 8 couldn't distribute properly. They actually passed backwards too much and so ponderous aswell. But it was s third game in a row.. Hannon is essential to this team.
    Padraig Maher will hardly have such a kind ref in the final...laughing and joking with Cleere all through. Looked very bad. He gets away with barging and he hot a free for holding a guys Hurley...he should have been booked for holding Hayes hurley in the first half. Limerick have a pile of work to do because they are sloppy..

Advertisement