Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Fantastic win, loved the full back line performance

Loads of errors but we were ravenous a frenzy like that was never going to be pretty, great to watch last 10 minutes in a Munster final and limerick cruising

We ran at them and stop the backwards stuff for the most part, Casey at last got the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

A supposed sellout for the Munster final. Any idea of attendance?

THEY COULD HAVE SQUEEZED ANOTHER 10K INTO THE GG TODAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Health and safety reviews cut terrace capacity down in a lot of grounds around country. 11 years ago 48,000 in GGs for Clare/tipp final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Am I right in thinking it’s probably Cork v KK winners play Lmk, And Tipp v Dublin winners play Wexford??

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

High bike wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking it’s probably Cork v KK winners play Lmk, And Tipp v Dublin winners play Wexford??

Spot on. But its only my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

High bike wrote: »

Yep that's it. Cork Vs kk will be interesting, it's been a while since they played...have they met since 2013?

And cork Vs limerick is the final I wanted all year, but I'll settle for a decent semi. I still think limerick will win, but cork have improved a lot since last year so it isn't a foregone conclusion.

I think Cork are the team to beat but sure we’ll give it a lash,hard enough to call the other side of the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

When the dust settles, if Tipp can recover, it may not be the most disastrous route for them. Cork will be underdogs against us and we'll be sitting ducks and they could turn the tables. I'd have any one off match against cork as a 50/50 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Browney7 wrote: »
    When the dust settles, if Tipp can recover, it may not be the most disastrous route for them. Cork will be underdogs against us and we'll be sitting ducks and they could turn the tables. I'd have any one off match against cork as a 50/50 game.

Cork being totally over rated as usual.......what new superstars have they unearthed in the last couple of seasons......? Bringing back cardigan.......cahalane at full back is v average. Luke Meade Conor McLaughlin harnedy have a lot of miles on clock. Bill cooper nothing more than a work horse....in saying that their jersey and cockiness and tradition always give them a 4/5 head start on other teams....they have beaten LK already and may be able to repeat it.....

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Cork being totally over rated as usual.......what new superstars have they unearthed in the last couple of seasons......? Bringing back cardigan.......cahalane at full back is v average. Luke Meade Conor McLaughlin harnedy have a lot of miles on clock. Bill cooper nothing more than a work horse....in saying that their jersey and cockiness and tradition always give them a 4/5 head start on other teams....!

I don't see how a team that have already beaten us twice this year and drew twice last year is a foregone conclusion or over hype. Their style of play causes us trouble and they won't bow down to a green shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Browney7 wrote: »

The way ye dismantled Tipp today was very impressive.Limerick won the all Ireland last year, and they won the league title and munster this year.Cork and Limerick is always a 50/50 game.As for Kilkenny, well Limerick broke the 45 year hold the cats had over them last year.As of now, and taking the red tinted glasses off.I do see Limerick as favourites to go all the way again this year.Since we beat ye in the Gaelic Grounds, ye have taken it to another level.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

The way ye dismantled Tipp today was very impressive.Limerick won the all Ireland last year, and they won the league title and munster this year.Cork and Limerick is always a 50/50 game.As for Kilkenny, well Limerick broke the 45 year hold the cats had over them last year.As of now, and taking the red tinted glasses off.I do see Limerick as favourites to go all the way again this year.Since we beat ye in the Gaelic Grounds, ye have taken it to another level.

Damn it, my yerra talk has been rumbled

Never thought I’d say it but I’d rather have KK in a semi final than Cork,the cute hoors are in the long grass this year and bound to be motivated after last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Seadin

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Cork being totally over rated as usual.......what new superstars have they unearthed in the last couple of seasons......? Bringing back cardigan.......cahalane at full back is v average. Luke Meade Conor McLaughlin harnedy have a lot of miles on clock. Bill cooper nothing more than a work horse....in saying that their jersey and cockiness and tradition always give them a 4/5 head start on other teams....they have beaten LK already and may be able to repeat it.....

Theres always one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Greensoup wrote: »
    Health and safety reviews cut terrace capacity down in a lot of grounds around country. 11 years ago 48,000 in GGs for Clare/tipp final.

Shameful really, wouldn't you think they'ed allow a genuine full house rather than than telling us lies announcing a full house. Health and safety pratts have taken away from the tradition of massive Munster Championship crowd attendance. Pratts must keep themselves relevant when in reality they've detracted from the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Liam Sheedy was very smug before the Limerick v Tipperary match in Limerick.

John Kiely and Paul Kinnerk are genius in the making - Brian Cody in awe.

Congratulations to both Seniors and Minors. Still lots to look forward to in Limerick hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

while i always talked up the limerick half back line and the likes of the two caseys and sean finn , i didnt ever think ye would reach this level of intensity the level of control of a game ,kyle hayes and lynch also ,

today you could go through the whole team every one is flying , i remember 2013 the hype the certainty and the disappointment , all probably media created the hurt after that lasted a few years and is coming out now , as i said to the infamous Hammy Dawson a few weeks back strike while the iron is hot , i hope ye win it out again, , bad and all ye are to listen to :pac:,

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

As predicted, Limerick walked all over em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    As predicted, Limerick walked all over em.

Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Nic_Col wrote: »
    Cork.

That’s for the next day. Munster champions this morning is all that matters

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    That’s for the next day. Munster champions this morning is all that matters

That was relating to a similar "prediction" that was previously made where the predictor went into hiding when it turned out to be embarrassingly wide of the reality.

I actually reckon the next day might well be Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Great win yesterday, big question now is are we on the Saturday or the Sunday of the semis? How soon will we find out do ye think?

Great win yesterday, big question now is are we on the Saturday or the Sunday of the semis? How soon will we find out do ye think?

Since 2007 it has been Leinster champion first up so I would guess we'll be playing on the Sunday.

Great to have our minors to support on the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Nic_Col wrote: »
    That was relating to a similar "prediction" that was previously made where the predictor went into hiding when it turned out to be embarrassingly wide of the reality.

I actually reckon the next day might well be Kilkenny.

Into hiding? :rolleyes: :D

We'll bate Cork a point a man the next day -- merely caught cold the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

The most satisfying thing about Limerick in the games we have won is the total domination once we get on top. Ive never seen anything like it in Munster hurling which is usually quite tight.

As another poster said though when you are 5% off in a high level hurling game you can end up getting hammered. Shows Clare and Waterford arent that far off the mark either considering all the fall out from our defeats of those counties.

Promising part is that I dont think we have been perfect by any means either. Gillane has yet to run riot on a full back line like he did in the league. Lots of wides and missed goal chances too.

I would actually like to get Cork in the SF as I think we would be most wary of them and when we are in match like that we tend to focus better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

All round a great performance, but not a classic game. I felt it was more important that we won the game than Tipp. It shows real follow up from last year championship wise, also great to win at our easy, added to the party atmosphere.
    First half was nip and tuck but there was bad wides on both sides. Did really well to respond to Tipps goal. They could have been 7 or 8 clear of us after the goal had they taken a few more chances earlier.
    Our response in the second quarter won the game for us I think heading in with a lead it felt like we were going to win.
    Tipp wont be as bad again. However good we were they did under perform. They do that against Dublin or Wexford theyll be caught. Was surprised they threw in the towel with 15 to go, gave us the big win. Think Cork will make the other semi which will be a great match. Theyve had our number this year. Very close both times last year too.
    It was great to see Casey step up yesterday when Gillane was under pressure. We played through the lines well, much better than the last day but Tipp really played into our hands, with the wind in the first half they just lumped ball down onto their half forwards and we mopped it up. Was surprisingly low scoring up until Tipp gave up.

Not a bad 1st half for u-20 in cork, sun was tough for forwards. Full back line roasted

Connolly o'Brien good

Excellent frees

Dylan close for a goal would back him if he gets a 2nd chance

Not a happy ending a bit callow and naive

Cork a much bigger side and roasted full back line (glad we didn't play a sweeper)

We didn't have the strongest panel I'd say took woolfe off too early others were struggling

The 2 boys on the fringe of senior panel were our best players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭shockframe

Not a happy ending a bit callow and naive

Cork a much bigger side and roasted full back line (glad we didn't play a sweeper)

We didn't have the strongest panel I'd say took woolfe off too early others were struggling

The 2 boys on the fringe of senior panel were our best players

We weren't great last night. Our forward line was one of the weakest we have produced for quite some time. We competed well enough in the backs and midfield all things considered.

It would be easy to focus on management but they were on a hiding to nothing at this group. It took a long time to find someone for it. As long as the senior team is going well the 20s will seem more of an afterthought. All the preparation and resources will be centered on the seniors. It wasn't surprising that last years manager left as soon as the game was over in last years defeat to Tipp at 21.

I'm not really a fan of the under 17/20 change. Its brought junior cert more into the former and the leaving cert into the latter.Likewise why is the football and hurling overlapping. The football in March-May and Hurling in July-September was an excellent arrangement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭letsseehere14

Shameful really, wouldn't you think they'ed allow a genuine full house rather than than telling us lies announcing a full house. Health and safety pratts have taken away from the tradition of massive Munster Championship crowd attendance. Pratts must keep themselves relevant when in reality they've detracted from the occasion.

I was in the terrace last Sunday. I entered 30 minutes before the game and they were already pushing eveyone through 1 entrance of the terrace, with the others closed. By the time the game started and the last minute rush had arrived the area I was in was packed and the walkway was also full. it was only at half time a steward arrived to try push people into the actual terrace.
    If they tried to push another 6k into the terraces, nowhere else for them to go, it would have been a disaster.
    I remember watching a game a few years back, think it was in Cork and they had to open gates and leave people sit on the grass before the game had even started.
    44K is plenty for the GG, any more it would be unsafe.

Advertisement