Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

shockframe wrote: »
    We weren't great last night. Our forward line was one of the weakest we have produced for quite some time. We competed well enough in the backs and midfield all things considered.

It would be easy to focus on management but they were on a hiding to nothing at this group. It took a long time to find someone for it. As long as the senior team is going well the 20s will seem more of an afterthought. All the preparation and resources will be centered on the seniors. It wasn't surprising that last years manager left as soon as the game was over in last years defeat to Tipp at 21.

I'm not really a fan of the under 17/20 change. Its brought junior cert more into the former and the leaving cert into the latter.Likewise why is the football and hurling overlapping. The football in March-May and Hurling in July-September was an excellent arrangement.

Agree with all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I was in the terrace last Sunday. I entered 30 minutes before the game and they were already pushing eveyone through 1 entrance of the terrace, with the others closed. By the time the game started and the last minute rush had arrived the area I was in was packed and the walkway was also full. it was only at half time a steward arrived to try push people into the actual terrace.
    If they tried to push another 6k into the terraces, nowhere else for them to go, it would have been a disaster.
    I remember watching a game a few years back, think it was in Cork and they had to open gates and leave people sit on the grass before the game had even started.
    44K is plenty for the GG, any more it would be unsafe.

Looking at the terraces on sunday the sides were not filled at all.

Its just down to proper stewarding. Anyone remember the rugby matches in the old landsowne road where there used to be a line of stewards on the terrace dotted all the way up, the crowd was filtered from vomitry and as each section is filled they pushed down the terrace giving more room, this is how it should be done to ensure proper usage of the terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

All Ireland Hurling Semi Finals Date and Times Confirmed:‬
    ‪It has been just confirm that Limerick Senior & Minor Hurling Semi Finals will take place on Saturday 27th July in Croke Park. Limerick Minor Team will have a 4pm Start while the Senior Hurling team will have a 6pm start‬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

How is that decided; who plays sat and who plays sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

High bike wrote: »
    How is that decided; who plays sat and who plays sun?

Leinster champs played saturday last year so vice versa this year. Think it was an agreement put inplace last year. Even 5pm would have been better.

• Advertisement

pajoguy wrote: »
    Leinster champs played saturday last year so vice versa this year. Think it was an agreement put inplace last year. Even 5pm would have been better.

For sure 6 is a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

For sure 6 is a disaster
    Of course it is. It removes the spectacle of a Sunday afternoon, hits the public transport options and generally ****s up supporters.
    There are usually special deals where the clubs can bring busloads of under age boys and girls. They would never get that number of tickets for finals. Its a big responsibility for club members to be in charge of kids later in to the night

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

For sure 6 is a disaster

I think it's a good time..would have preferred 7pm. Watch the game and then enjoy dinner in the city at 9 or so.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I think it's a good time..would have preferred 7pm. Watch the game and then enjoy dinner in the city at 9 or so.
    thats ok if ur staying up but the vast majority will be getting home around midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

hows all........
    pity about the throw in time on the saturday agree with previous posters 4pm or 5pm would have been been better.
    will there be a special match train from colbert can drive if needed but my daughter loves a spin on the train
    the late train back all booked up very little info available on Irish rail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

thats ok if ur staying up but the vast majority will be getting home around midnight

Yes correct if it was kk in semi it wouldn't be as bad cos we all wouldn't be going the same way.

Great problems to have

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

When will tickets be available

When will tickets be available
    After the quarter finals next week,there was a package available for the 2 quarter finals and 1 semi final for 105e but sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

match trains available now on line

• Registered Users Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭billyhead

Any preference to win on Sunday. I suppose if we have any ambition to win another AI we should be able to beat any team but in a way I would prefer to avoid Cork as I feel our style of hurling would suit playing Kilkenny. Not to mention Cork never fear playing us as can be seen from the match at the Gaelic grounds and will be hungry to avenge last years semi final defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

billyhead wrote: »
    Any preference to win on Sunday. I suppose if we have any ambition to win another AI we should be able to beat any team but in a way I would prefer to avoid Cork as I feel our style of hurling would suit playing Kilkenny. Not to mention Cork never fear playing us as can be seen from the match at the Gaelic grounds and will be hungry to avenge last years semi final defeat.

Yes would also prefer to avoid cork, they usually do well against us and have no fears if taking that half back line on they dont like speedsters so usually the half back doesn't have the platform they usually have. Kilkenny i feel are a better match up for ys and we've had 2 good wins against them last 2 meetings.

Will tickets be made available tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

pajoguy wrote: »
    Will tickets be made available tomorrow?

Think its from 9am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Can Limerick beat Kilkenny? I know some of you were hoping for Kilkenny to beat Cork - so can Limerick do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Goin to be a titanic struggle with the cats in two weeks. They’re some men to fight for ball. At least it’s not another Munster team but we ll be pushed to the end for a victory. Only got over them in injury time last year and it was their 3rd game in a few weeks. Should be a great occassion and looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

What's an hour? Are Limerick people like Cinderella or what?

What's an hour? Are Limerick people like Cinderella or what?
    No afraid of the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

No afraid of the dark

Sure, it'll be dark at 11 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Does anyone know if Irish rail will put on a late train?

Tickets are on ticketmaster and tickets.ie
    Tickets.ie are better tickets from what i can see. I was only getting lower tier corner hogan and davin on ticketmaster. I ended up with cusack upper section 708 row d so happy with that. A productive morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭billyhead

Any word on any injuries for Saturday. I would expect the same starting team that played against Tipp. I expect Limerick to win by at least 3-4 points. Limerick Abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Doesn't seem to be and John Kiely did a press evening last night at the Gaelic Grounds. He said that the team had a week off after the Munster Final so the last two weeks its been back to training.

I admit I would be worried about the Cats but if Limerick can play as good if not better than they did against Tipp - it's straight back to Croke Park for the 18th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

TJ REID: I’VE TOLD THE LADS TO TAKE SATURDAY EVENING OFF AS I’ll BEAT LIMERICK ON MY OWN
    In an exclusive interview with The Kilkenny Diary, Kilkenny’s hurling talisman TJ Reid has said he’s told the rest of the panel to take Saturday evening off. Reid is so confident of beating the reigning All Ireland champions on his own that he will face the starting Limerick 15 on his own in Saturday’s All Ireland semi final. In another amazing act of generosity, the Ballyhale forward has instructed the official team bus driver to ‘stay at home and spend some time with the missus’ as he has his bus driving test later today and he is confident he will secure his category D license required to drive the team bus himself on Saturday.
    ‘Ah shura look, I’m just feeling generous is all’ said Reid. ‘Niamh has been onto me all week to let the boys have a bit of time with their women, go to the cinema or whatever. I was contemplating asking Murph to play with me as I wouldn’t be great in goal but **** it sure, I’ll get Richie to pelt a few balls at me in the back garden on Saturday morning to sharpen the goalie reflexes. It’ll be grand. As for the bus, I can always park it up at Newland’s Cross and get the Luas in if I’m having trouble. But I doubt I’ll need it. I could drive the Luas in sure. That’d be a great laugh altogether.’
    The Kilkenny County Board issued a statement this morning saying they weren’t aware of Reid’s offer to the rest of the panel and the bus driver but would look into the matter if he allowed them Saturday evening off aswell.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

No point in Limerick bothering their holes going up so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

greenspurs wrote: »
    TJ REID: I’VE TOLD THE LADS TO TAKE SATURDAY EVENING OFF AS I’ll BEAT LIMERICK ON MY OWN
    He's the best out there but even so he'll have to go some to beat us on his own :)

Advertisement