Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

High bike wrote: »
    theres muppets like that in every county including your own wherever your from

I'd say he was the lad that got laid out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

theres muppets like that in every county including your own wherever your from
    I don't think every other county has:

1. Players being handed "change" in a pub. Definitely not anything else, nope.
    2. Players fighting on the streets of New York.
    3. Players and officials being interviewed and phones being examined with relation to a corruption case.

And that's only the stuff you know about..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Just saw this now. Both the lads should be made an example of. Ryan is only a fringe player and Gillane has form in this sort of thing by all accounts. Kick them off the panel and give someone else more deserving a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rollinrock

Who were the mopes actually "fighting"
    Think its all a nonsense really, what happens on tour stays on tour, if Gillane filmed this he should get his hole kicked as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Allegedly Colin Ryan and Eoghan O Connell, super left hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Serious left hook

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

link to this??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

link to this??

Nothing online. Join a few WhatsApp groups. ;)

Edit: looks like something has gone up on extra.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Serious left hook

Meanwhile back in Ireland, on his 32nd Birthday TJ Reid scores an incredible 2-14 for his club as he aims to win a 6th Leinster club medal to add to his 4 AI club and 7 Kilkenny senior titles plus 4 U21 titles.
    He has also amassed 7 A.I. senior medals,8 Leinster, 4 Leagues and 4 All-Stars coupled with a Player of the Year.
    He has also pickup up a few college,Fitzgibon and Railway Cup medals along the way.
    I doubt very much if he would celebrate a 'super left hooks' outside a pub in New York in the early hours.
    Yet some misguided 'fans' blame an umpire for our loss to the Cats some months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

https://sportinglimerick.com/disciplinary-process-to-begin-after-two-players-sent-home-from-new-york/?fbclid=IwAR0DR0Vi7wpXFmCqRd3316q7roaQtcFQkfqZ7lNOY-ISYjRT-u2Nnluy0vI

Disciplinary process to begin after two players sent home from New York
    November 19, 2019/John Keogh/No Comments/GAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

I suppose Limerick GAA are correct in coming out and making a statement. Then at least the facts are there as opposed to the stories growing arms and legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Is this a once off or has there been some flash incidents of players letting their colleagues down in the last year?

Hopefully not poor discipline outside the is a sneak peak that all is not what it seems. Countless examples in the GAA at inter county level. Tipp hurlers, Roscommon footballers at the beginning of the millenium are two that come to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

washman3 wrote: »

Yet some misguided 'fans' blame an umpire for our loss to the Cats some months back.

Just because someone got a slap in the mouth in New York four months on does not mean that it was okay for an umpire to made a fairly basic error in an important game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Just because someone got a slap in the mouth in New York four months on does not mean that it was okay for an umpire to made a fairly basic error in an important game.

Without wanting to rake up old wounds it was surely the linesman who was more culpable in the incident being referred to.

Of course the obvious point is that neither the umpire nor the linesman allowed Kilkenny race into a 9 point lead after 15 mins nor were either responsible for the number of wides Limerick hit. Limerick were the benificaries of a number of incorrect call as well but no mention of those?

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Without wanting to rake up old wounds it was surely the linesman who was more culpable in the incident being referred to.

Of course the obvious point is that neither the umpire nor the linesman allowed Kilkenny race into a 9 point lead after 15 mins nor were either responsible for the number of wides Limerick hit. Limerick were the benificaries of a number of incorrect call as well but no mention of those?

No need to rake up old wounds at all. There's enough new ones to be going on with. The poster tried to link an incident in New York in November to the result of a hurling match in July which makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Who is in the white corner? He won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

I don't think every other county has:

1. Players being handed "change" in a pub. Definitely not anything else, nope.
    2. Players fighting on the streets of New York.
    3. Players and officials being interviewed and phones being examined with relation to a corruption case.

And that's only the stuff you know about..
    thats where your wrong every county has problems from time to time sometimes they manage to keep it in house and deal with it and sometimes they don’t .Theres plenty examples over the years,so it’s not just a Limerick problem as you seem to be implying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

thats where your wrong every county has problems from time to time sometimes they manage to keep it in house and deal with it and sometimes they don’t .Theres plenty examples over the years,so it’s not just a Limerick problem as you seem to be implying

That's probably true but it takes a special kind of dimwit to record it, then broadcast it...you know, just in case some body doesn't hear about.
    Not the first time video evidence lt the Limerick lads down.

Was there anymore on the corruption case involving the players and the gardai?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭billyhead

Will these 2 lads be booted off the 2020 panel? It would be a blow to the teams aspirations if one of the players is who I heard it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭giveitholly

billyhead wrote: »
    Will these 2 lads be booted off the 2020 panel? It would be a blow to the teams aspirations if one of the players is who I heard it is?

If it was just the panel member then surely he could be made an example of and booted off for next year but they can't do that with their marquee forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

If it was just the panel member then surely he could be made an example of and booted off for next year but they can't do that with their marquee forward
    Don't like his onfield antics of goading and shouting in defender's faces so have no sympathy for him.

He also choose to not diffuse the situation and instead record it and subsequently but it in a whats app group which is braindead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Don't like his onfield antics of goading and shouting in defender's faces so have no sympathy for him.

He also choose to not diffuse the situation and instead record it and subsequently but it in a whats app group which is braindead.

Oh I agree with you,what a ****ty thing to do to a friend,film it and send it into the public domain instead of diffusing the situation and pulling his friend away from the fracas

Meanwhile back in Ireland, on his 32nd Birthday TJ Reid scores an incredible 2-14 for his club as he aims to win a 6th Leinster club medal to add to his 4 AI club and 7 Kilkenny senior titles plus 4 U21 titles.
    He has also amassed 7 A.I. senior medals,8 Leinster, 4 Leagues and 4 All-Stars coupled with a Player of the Year.
    He has also pickup up a few college,Fitzgibon and Railway Cup medals along the way.
    I doubt very much if he would celebrate a 'super left hooks' outside a pub in New York in the early hours.

Wouldn't be so sure. In Jackie Tyrell's book there's a few dodgy stories (Tyrell stole a taxi in Cork for a prank/serious drinking sessions throughout the season etc).

All counties have these stories, still reckon Gillane is as bad for releasing the footage. A guy who would do that would do anything.

Gillane will be back in no doubt about it. The other guy not so much, he's the Richard Keogh of limerick and will be given the chop.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

fire_man wrote: »
    Ye have a great bunch of lads representing Limerick.Disgrace.

Mod Warning

This incident should not be considered an opportunity to troll this thread with supposedly comic effect.

Requests for a link to the incident will not be tolerated.

As a disciplinary process has begun please keep discussion of the incident civil with no personal abuse permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Point out where i said it was.!!

Point out where i said it was.!!

Yeah, no problem - here's what you wrote. The bit in bold is the part where you seem to think what happened in July was proper karma, nothing less than Limeirck deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Yeah, no problem - here's what you wrote. The bit in bold is the part where you seem to think what happened in July was proper karma, nothing less than Limeirck deserved.

No he's calling to question attitude which I agree was the reason we lost that game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The Garda situation and involvement with the team post revelations are far more concerning, hardly a surprise that we then see this type of behaviour subsequently - I'm over Ryan, Gillane is an idiot, but whoever decided yer man could still be involved with the team post revelations needs to take full blame here

Taking players off on a holiday mid club finals was ridiculous also

(The sanctimonious shoight from other counties.....spare us.........if tipps full list of indiscrestions was put up it would be front page on every paper)

Advertisement