Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Congratulations to all our all stars another great achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Great achievement but could have had one more at least I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

High bike wrote: »
    Great achievement but could have had one more at least I thought

Great to see, 9 is about the best haul you could get, would have liked to have seen O'Donoghue get one(maybe in place of Lynch or Gillane) as he has become a real leader of the team, can imagine him driving the panel on in training and making sure standards don't drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Would have made 2 changes to the team O'Donoghue and Gleeson for Barron and Gillane

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Would have made 2 changes to the team O'Donoghue and Gleeson for Barron and Gillane

Glesson went missing in too many games to get an all star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,171 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Great to see, 9 is about the best haul you could get, would have liked to have seen O'Donoghue get one(maybe in place of Lynch or Gillane) as he has become a real leader of the team, can imagine him driving the panel on in training and making sure standards don't drop.

7 is the usual for an AI winner so 9 is a huge achievement and I think KK are the only other team to get 9 in 1 year.

We also now have had 3 Quaids all winning All Stars in the same position. I wonder if thats some sort of record

breezy1985 wrote: »
    7 is the usual for an AI winner so 9 is a huge achievement and I think KK are the only other team to get 9 in 1 year.

We also now have had 3 Quaids all winning All Stars in the same position. I wonder if thats some sort of record
    yeah as far as I know ok are the only other team to have 9,I think they did it 3 times.Thought WOD was very unlucky after winning 3 titles in one year,cant see why Jamie Barron got it ahead of him.Some achievement for the Quaid family too

yeah as far as I know kk are the only other team to have 9,I think they did it 3 times.Thought WOD was very unlucky after winning 3 titles in one year,cant see why Jamie Barron got it ahead of him.Some achievement for the Quaid family too

High bike wrote: »
    yeah as far as I know kk are the only other team to have 9,I think they did it 3 times.Thought WOD was very unlucky after winning 3 titles in one year,cant see why Jamie Barron got it ahead of him.Some achievement for the Quaid family too

Barron got in because they didn't want to pick 10 Limerick guys. Kelly, Reid, De Burca and Bennett really were the only standouts not from Limerick this year in what was a really poor year for almost all the teams

Barron got in because they didn't want to pick 10 Limerick guys. Kelly, Reid, De Burca and Bennett really were the only standouts not from Limerick this year in what was a really poor year for almost all the teams
    agree 100%

• Advertisement

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Glesson went missing in too many games to get an all star
    he was Waterford's best player in the final and outstanding in the comeback vs KK.

Limerick deserved 9 no doubt but Gillane was lucky i felt definitely 2 lads not picked i would have included ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭limerickabroad

R.I.P. to the great Jack Quaid, father of Tommy, grandfather of Nicky, and who won a Munster medal himself in 1955. The Quaids have given so much to Limerick hurling over the years - poignant that Jack has died just a few days after Nicky won his all-star

https://rip.ie/death-notice/jack-quaid-castlemahon-limerick/450874

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

The_Dave wrote: »
    New jersey coming soon (I need to have something to look forward to)

Will be a green version of Cork but with no sponsor I wonder. Would love to see Adare Manor on front to change it up a bit.

pajoguy wrote: »
    Will be a green version of Cork but with no sponsor I wonder. Would love to see Adare Manor on front to change it up a bit.

Did they not say ages back that the Manor would be on the new jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I'd like to see Limerick wean themselves off JP abit. He's amazing but Limerick could still get a stand alone jersey sponsor especially as JP doesn't look for publicity. Id like to see RedBull approached..remember that from years ago..The 'do Gooders ' stuck their oar in and foiled that . The double standards GAA are judged on is shocking..

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I'd like to see Limerick wean themselves off JP abit. He's amazing but Limerick could still get a stand alone jersey sponsor especially as JP doesn't look for publicity. Id like to see RedBull approached..remember that from years ago..The 'do Gooders ' stuck their oar in and foiled that . The double standards GAA are judged on is shocking..

Ide be no Mcmanus cheerleader but I don't see any problem with him as a corporate sponsor and would definitely have him over Red Bull. Horrible what they are doing in the soccer at the minute. I wouldn't flat out say no to them if we were desperate but we ain't.

You look at some of the other sponsors like AIG and Sports Direct and I wouldn't like any of them unless we really had to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

why would limerick do that.. to me it would make no sense... JP is a legend in Limerick...

https://limerickgaa.ie/100-years-1921-2021/

Talk on Sunday night to commemerate 100 years of a few different events both Limerick and GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

https://limerickgaa.ie/100-years-1921-2021/

Talk on Sunday night to commemerate 100 years of a few different events both Limerick and GAA

I believe they're also launching a commemorative jersey on the night

• Advertisement

The_Dave wrote: »
    I believe they're also launching a commemorative jersey on the night

I assume the commemorative jersey will be green and white stripes as that was the jersey in some pictures from that era I think.

RCSports do a lovely retro Tommy Quaid like jersey too

pajoguy wrote: »
    I assume the commemorative jersey will be green and white stripes as that was the jersey in some pictures from that era I think.

RCSports do a lovely retro Tommy Quaid like jersey too

Hopefully it's a classic design like Tipp had. Can't understand why Cork had a black jersey for their commemorative kit

I imagine it'll be green and white hoops

Sorry it was KC sports...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stunning jersey. No sponsor and just nice and simple.

Will that be used in matches this season?

Stunning jersey. No sponsor and just nice and simple.

Will that be used in matches this season?
    The main jersey is to be released in the next few eeks, but I'd imagine the commemoration jersey will be worn in at least one match

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Lovely looking jersey. No having a sponsor really makes the jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Yeah looks good. They should wear it if they get drawn against Rangers ie. Tipperary in the Munster Championship.

• Advertisement

Yeah looks good. They should wear it if they get drawn against Rangers ie. Tipperary in the Munster Championship.
    As long as they don't try to wear their commemoration jersey;)

Advertisement