Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

billyhead wrote: »
    The league's a good opportunity to get a settled 1st team and also give 1st choice subs game time. There's not enough time for too much experimenting. Although Cathal O'Neill is some prospect and someone who should get game time.

There are a few key positions I would love to see some options tried just in case of injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Saw Shane Dowling a couple of weeks ago on crutches, Jesus that lad has had it tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

billyhead wrote: »
    The league's a good opportunity to get a settled 1st team and also give 1st choice subs game time. There's not enough time for too much experimenting. Although Cathal O'Neill is some prospect and someone who should get game time.

I haven't seen a panel anywhere but presume he's on it. He's young, don't know if he'll get Gametime this year what with the lack of games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

Is it true Paddy O Loughton is gone off the panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

High bike wrote: »
    Is it true Paddy O Loughton is gone off the panel??
    https://twitter.com/SportingLK/status/1389323848147931139?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Rosita

The_Dave wrote: »
    I wonder how Limerick's second 15 would get on in the Championship

Probably would lose the All Ireland final narrowly to Limerick's first 15?

Rosita wrote: »
    Probably would lose the All Ireland final narrowly to Limerick's first 15?
    I think yere getting a bit carried away there thinking like that and hope the team aren't thinking along those lines.Im a Limerick supporter and love to see em doing well but as John Kiely said today on any given day there's 4 or 5 teams capable of beating each other and I doubt the Limerick 2nd 15 was included in that

I think yere getting a bit carried away there thinking like that and hope the team aren't thinking along those lines.Im a Limerick supporter and love to see em doing well but as John Kiely said today on any given day there's 4 or 5 teams capable of beating each other and I doubt the Limerick 2nd 15 was included in that

Yeah, hate to see that sort of nonsense talk tbh. We were down long enough, we should know better than to be getting that carried away. I'm still in dreamland tbh, over what the team has achieved.

Hard to imagine it's that open since one team has won two of the last three. Do you think John Kiely really believes that?

Hard to imagine it's that open since one team has won two of the last three. Do you think John Kiely really believes that?
    whether he does or not I don't know but its the right thing to say,and yes while Limerick are favourites and rightly so I wouldn't be shouting it from the roof tops as someone else said there we had enough disappointments over the years so wouldn't be getting ahead of myself

• Advertisement

its the right thing to say

This answers the question.

It is though. Limerick v Galway semi-final was level at 70 mins last year. Lost to Kilkenny the the year before. The idea there's some massive gulf between Limerick and the other sides is just internet nonsense talk, imo.

It is though. Limerick v Galway semi-final was level at 70 mins last year. Lost to Kilkenny the the year before. The idea there's some massive gulf between Limerick and the other sides is just internet nonsense talk, imo.
    correct and but for a miracle save from the goalie in 2018 we were going out to Cork,the only team that nonsense applies to is the Dublin footballers and thats after 6 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Jizique

Yeah, all on paper might be clear cut but it’s been a while since a repeat winner and who knows what the weather, an injury, a red card can throw at you

Can we not just have a bit of fun with it though while the going is good.

Cork and Kilkenny don't sit round like quiet little mice when they win so maybe putting the chest out and being confident is good for Limerick. Now I don't expect Kiely to say anything other than what he is saying but we are just some lads on a forum not the Limerick manager so can we not just be allowed to take the pi$$ a little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

breezy1985 wrote: »

Cork and Kilkenny don't sit round like quiet little mice when they win so maybe putting the chest out and being confident is good for Limerick. Now I don't expect Kiely to say anything other than what he is saying but we are just some lads on a forum not the Limerick manager so can we not just be allowed to take the pi$$ a little
    Ironically you took the GAA infrastructure thread far to seriously.

Ironically you took the GAA infrastructure thread far to seriously.

I thought I was trying to come across as the guy who doesn't like to moan and complain about every little thing the GAA does. I do love talking about stadiums though so maybe I got a bit excited

Yerra, we can of course but talk of Limerick's second team is fool talk, imo. There's taking the piss and there's making yourself look like an idiot, occasionally a subtle difference (in my case, at any rate...)...

Who said there was a massive gulf between anyone? You're answering a point that was never made

The point at issue was John Kiely's claim that there are 4 or 5 teams capable of beating each other seems to be fantasy given that the same team has won two of the last three.

It's as the other poster said "the right thing to say" but nobody believes it.

Cork and Kilkenny don't sit round like quiet little mice when they win so maybe putting the chest out and being confident is good for Limerick./QUOTE]

Cork? When did they win? Hard to remember what they were like.

• Advertisement

Who said there was a massive gulf between anyone? You're answering a point that was never made

The point at issue was John Kiely's claim that there are 4 or 5 teams capable of beating each other seems to be fantasy given that the same team has won two of the last three.

Meh, I've seen Limerick lose enough in my life to believe it. I honestly think we could be beaten by Tipperary, Cork, Kilkenny and (most probably) Galway. I don't think we'd definitely lose to any of them but if we lost to them I wouldn't be shocked. Likewise, I think Waterford or Clare could catch us on their day. The Galway and Cork matches since 2018 have been very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Limerick, Tipp, Galway and Waterford, Kilkenny even Cork would all fancy themselves if they played one another. You don't think Galway could beat Limerick after putting them to the pin of their collar last year, did you even watch the game?
    This is one of those peculiar things where other countries try to make out one county is sure of winning, then when they lose they can say 'sure they were certain they only had to turn up', seen it often with Clare and Limerick, Clare like to make out that Limerick were sure they were going to win but took them down a notch, in fairness it's the same for Limerick against Tipp, we love saying Tipp underestimated us but we suprised them.

Hang on a minute the original question was how would the Limerick 2nd 15 get on in the Championship.Your answer was they'd probably loose the final narrowly to the first team.To me that implies we have the 2 best teams in the country which means there must be a massive gulf between us and the rest does it not???

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Nobody believes it???? I do and most hurling people I know do too. Are we in a good position? Of course we are but things can change fast I hope you're back on here in a few months saying I told you so but as others have said I'm watching limerick teams 44 yrs therefore I would never take anything for granted when it comes to limerick too many good teams and first up is cork in the championship that's where the focus of players and mgmt will be once the league is finished

Hang on a minute the original question was how would the Limerick 2nd 15 get on in the Championship.Your answer was they'd probably loose the final narrowly to the first team.To me that implies we have the 2 best teams in the country which means there must be a massive gulf between us and the rest does it not???

No it doesn't. The third team might be very close. I never claimed there was a gulf. You imagined that.

Anyway outside of the recent non sensible talk of who would beat us anyone have an idea of who starts Saturday evening??

No it doesn't. The third team might be very close. I never claimed there was a gulf. You imagined that.
    I give up

Only a bit of fun I don't have a clue who's fit or not or not going well or whatever but it's so long since we had hurling I'm going to try anyway how about a team like this. A bit of fun but also I'm trying some new options as well
    Quaid
    Costello dan English
    Byrne's nash hayes
    Wod dod
    Dempsey c lynch hego
    Pat ryan Flanagan adrian Breen

lim4ev wrote: »
    Only a bit of fun I don't have a clue who's fit or not or not going well or whatever but it's so long since we had hurling I'm going to try anyway how about a team like this. A bit of fun but also I'm trying some new options as well
    Quaid
    Costello dan English
    Byrne's nash hayes
    Wod dod
    Dempsey c lynch hego
    Pat ryan Flanagan adrian Breen
    id swap Nash and Hayes around

• Advertisement

id swap Nash and Hayes around

Yea maybe but hayes is so good at wb my idea was to see if nash could cut it at 6 just for more options

Advertisement