Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Good to see another mixed team for saturday and a bit more pace in the team

Will need hennessey to go well on the puckouts, and take it from there, good luck to coughlan on debut

• Registered Users Posts: 26,161 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Good to see another mixed team for saturday and a bit more pace in the team

Will need hennessey to go well on the puckouts, and take it from there, good luck to coughlan on debut

What's the story with Quaid is it an injury or just resting for the league ?

Also Elverys by the Parkway are selling off last seasons jerseys for €35 if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭big_drive

Im jumping into the world of conspiracy

Donal O Grady.......TG4 commentary was shocking when limerick involved........joins cork and they "a running game in first league match".........limericks league has seen them whistled off the park

Its a stretch to connect the dots ok, but will be interesting to see how this game is policied saturday

What does that even mean? Its a stretch to connect anything not to mind dots...
    Not a clue what you're trying to say about O'Grady?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

The Limerick Senior Hurling Team to play Cork in Allianz Hurling League Round 4 in LIT Gaelic Grounds on Saturday 5th June at 7:15pm is selected as follows :

1. Barry Hennessy (Kilmallock)
    2. Richie English (Doon)
    3. Sean Finn (Bruff)
    4. Barry Nash (South Liberties)
    5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell)
    6. Declan Hannon (Adare) Captain
    7. Colin Coughlan (Ballybrown)
    8. William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsiagh)
    9. Darragh O’Donovan (Doon)
    10. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)
    11. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell)
    12. David Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh)
    13. Pat Ryan (Doon)
    14. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
    15. Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
    16. Jason Gillane (Patrickswell)
    17. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
    18. Jerome Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
    19. Adrian Breen (Na Piarsaigh)
    20. Ronan Connolly (Adare)
    21. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock)
    22. Barry Murphy (Doon)
    23. Darren O’Connell (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)
    24. Brian O’Grady (Kilteely/Dromkeen)
    25. Cathal O’Neill (Crecora/Manister)
    26. Mark Quinlan (Garryspillane)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Hope Cathal O Neill gets another run at some stage,he's much better than he has shown so far

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    What does that even mean? Its a stretch to connect anything not to mind dots...
    Not a clue what you're trying to say about O'Grady?

He has had it in for Limeick since the Tj thing. However I am being facetious with my conspiracy theory...thought that was obvious.

Good win and would say English, hannon and gillane were totally off the pace, plenty of room for improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Lots of positives. Lynch was brilliant, Byrnes best game in ages, Tom Morrissey back to best. Controlled closing down of Cork in first half was great to see. If we get a bit more accurate there is a 50 point game in this Limerick side.

Not buying this shadow boxing stuff. When Limerick lost the previous two weeks Waterford and Galway were being lauded. Was that shadow boxing? The league is a warm up competition this year and Limerick are warming up at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Lynch was on fire yesterday. His basic skills, reading of the ball, and distribution...

It's rare to see a player so endowed with skill to be so selfless with the ball. He will always look for a player in a better position than him even when he is a decent scoring opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Great team performance. Think O Donovan was very good and Lynch. What's the story with Gillane? Some of his wides just simply weren't on at all. He must have had 6 snapshots and got 1.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

Great team performance. Think O Donovan was very good and Lynch. What's the story with Gillane? Some of his wides just simply weren't on at all. He must have had 6 snapshots and got 1.

Yup, that is a concern, along with Richie English being poor on the ball and getting burned after that we look strong

Hopefully Finn is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

So the hurling league is over and limerick go back to preparations for the championship in 3 weeks. John seemed happy with how the league went and it was clear they were not focussing on being at peak or anywhere near it until end of July i would say. They got gametime into players such as Coughlan, O'Grady, O'Neill, Quinlan and Costello which should allow a wider range of options later in the summer. Negatives were the disjointed campaigns of some of our stars, it will be hard to see how they will be performing when facing Cork in July. Lack of goals is becoming an issue, i think the other challengers have that in their locker whereas we dont have any real dependable goal getters, all our forwrads, apart from Pat Ryan, are more comfortable putting it over the bar.
    Overall they are entitled to take it a little easier this time of year and peak later than attacking the league like last year especially with the way the 2 comps are so close together this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭raindodger

The calm before storm .Nervous to see what way we play.Both teams will be going hell for leather.Limerick abu

Very big game for Limerick. Momentum wasn't great until the end of league so losing tomorrow could be a big blow.

Strange that Dan is dropped,wondwr is he carrying a knock

12-SH-Teamlist-v-Cork.jpg

Like that team. Great to see Casey and Flanagan starting. Hope they do the business as we need a bit more from the full forward line and hopefully goals too. Richie English and Darragh O'Donovan back as starters too. Hope Richie is back fit as he was a colossus in 2018/19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭billyhead

Although I can see Cork putting it up to us I can see us winning by 5/6 points in the end.

Perhaps I am alone in expecting a Cork win? Think Limerick have looked tired since the start of the league. I know it's hard to judge given different teams have different fitness regimes but think this year might be a bridge too far for them.

Paddy power will give u 2/1 Cork if u want to have a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Perhaps I am alone in expecting a Cork win? Think Limerick have looked tired since the start of the league. I know it's hard to judge given different teams have different fitness regimes but think this year might be a bridge too far for them.
    I'm not expecting even a close match. Cork have very few ball winning forwards. Maybe they will get away without them but for that to happen they will need a number of goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

This year more that ever it is very hard to know, the league was utterly meaningless and told us nothing. You know to a certain extent what you will get from Limerick and what level they will reach, with Cork its impossible to know. You will have a fair idea after 15 mins.

On all known evidence you would have to give Limerick the verdict but a Cork win wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world, nor would it be if Limerick obliterated them, that's the beauty of Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Rosita

I think there's a chance that teams will have Limerick figured out as the year works out but this will be a huge upset if it happens. Lots will give it the old "never write off", "anything can happen", "Cork have caused Limerick problems" stuff, but you would be close to alone in expecting a Cork win.

Then again lots of things are obvious once they happen so maybe you're onto something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Tommy Walsh said much similar on Off The Ball yesterday.
    He thinks a Cork win is very possible as they have the speed to trouble Limerick and get goals.
    However when pushed for his verdict, he reckoned Limerick would just about shade it.
    The league was a complete joke this year and nothing can concluded from it.
    Cork have some outstanding players but are far from the complete package some in the media make them out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Cork have a great chance if they sort out the puck out. Personally I don't fancy English over Morrissey in the fullbackline. Not for one second. English can be abit erratic on the ball and he got turned awfully easy in the league match against a fantastic prospect it must be said. Id like to see a limerick go for the kill early and try for goals. The longer Cork stay in this the higher their confidence. This is a huge game. The back door looks too hard ,too many games in a short space of time. And for me if Cork win they won't beat Tipperary in the Munster final. And thats Tipp into an All Ireland semi. That's not something I'd like to see at all at all.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Cork have a great chance if they sort out the puck out. Personally I don't fancy English over Morrissey in the fullbackline. Not for one second. English can be abit erratic on the ball and he got turned awfully easy in the league match against a fantastic prospect it must be said. Id like to see a limerick go for the kill early and try for goals. The longer Cork stay in this the higher their confidence. This is a huge game. The back door looks too hard ,too many games in a short space of time. And for me if Cork win they won't beat Tipperary in the Munster final. And thats Tipp into an All Ireland semi. That's not something I'd like to see at all at all.

Are Tipp in the Munster final.?
    Did i miss something.?

washman3 wrote: »
    Did i miss something.?
    wouldn't be surprised if Clare beat Tipp

High bike wrote: »
    wouldn't be surprised if Clare beat Tipp
    Not many would have picked Dublin to beat Galway, the A.I. favourites.

Silly to have left it this late, but is there a streaming service I can pay to see tonight's match on? Or is my best bet to set up Nowtv?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Silly to have left it this late, but is there a streaming service I can pay to see tonight's match on? Or is my best bet to set up Nowtv?

Just came on to ask the same question for a friend who doesn't have Sky. Any streams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Rosita

washman3 wrote: »
    Did i miss something.?

Looking at the previous post they seem to be in an All Ireland semi final never mind the Munster final. John Mullane close to a stroke every time Cork give away a "needless free" which seems to be all of them.

Advertisement