Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling transactions on current account

• 05-01-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Quick question I'm applying for a mortgage I had cash saved at home and lodged it too my savings account over 3 months and today they asked where the money came from I said I had it at home and they are now requesting 2 years bank statements.In March 2016 I have 2 Ladbrokes transactions in the same day for €15 And €32,does anyone think this will be a problem an my mortgage approvals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

pinball11 wrote: »
    Quick question I'm applying for a mortgage I had cash saved at home and lodged it too my savings account over 3 months and today they asked where the money came from I said I had it at home and they are now requesting 2 years bank statements.In March 2016 I have 2 Ladbrokes transactions in the same day for €15 And €32,does anyone think this will be a problem an my mortgage approvals?

Mod note: not necessarily the best advice to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its almost two years ago; if the cash withdrawals make sense for someone doing mattress savings like that its unlikely to have any impact. In general the very occasional use of the card for gambling doesn't matter either, particularly around the few times of the year when people who don't generally gamble may have a go - Cheltenham being one that matches up with March

If it does; it won't be on two years of statements in April which isn't very far away.

Advertisement