Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i7 4790k overheating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cianh33

YEP and it was plugged in

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cianh33

it seems as if the water wasnt cooling the cpu block

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Did you set the header the pump was connected to to high speed... so the pump was getting full power.

I only ask as a possibility but i know these smaller AIO arent worth it. I had very nearly the same setup as you. Z87-K mobo 4790k and a h60 cooler. I can tell you that the fluid in the AIO can evaporate over time. I was running at 4.5ghz hitting 85 degrees under heavy gaming and 90+ under a heavy stress test period. I changed out my cooler for a noctua D-15.... probably the biggest and arguably the best air cooler going and now I run at 4.8ghz under stress never hitting 80 degrees. I could get it to 5ghz stable but i was really pushing it voltage and heat wise so i dialed it back. Any of the noctua coolers would serve you well.... they are expensive but you definitely get what you pay for with them

Advertisement