Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zoned heating question

Options
  • 05-01-2018 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We moved into a house a few months ago that has underfloor heating in every room controlled with a dedicated wall mounted thermostat (Danfoss TP4)

I love the idea of being able to control the heating from the phone while home and also while away but am I correct in saying I would need a Nest or similar controller to replace each one we currently have? There are 6 currently.

We are not on gas but oil central heating if that makes a difference.

Any and all advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Have I posted this in the wrong section or does nobody hang any insights whatsoever about the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm not sure what type of system would work for your setup, but what I can tell you is that Electric Ireland won't install nest systems with underfloor heating so that might narrow your search a little

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

cletus wrote: »
    I'm not sure what type of system would work for your setup, but what I can tell you is that Electric Ireland won't install nest systems with underfloor heating so that might narrow your search a little

Thanks for that. Disappointing, but I'll keep searching and hopefully there is a solution that will work.

Advertisement