Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage broker or apply Direct?

• 05-01-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a property. First time doing this so everything is brand new to me!

I have applied to two banks for a mortage and am waiting to hear back from them. Since applying, I have been in touch with a mortage broker and am strongly considering using his services. The reason for this is that as well knowing the process, I've heard they can get better deals applicants.

I just want to know now though, am I at a disadvantage with these 2 banks? Say he applies to the same 2 banks, is the fact that I am now "in the system" already a disadvantage? Will they automatically just offer him the same offer they would have offered me? Would he have been able to get me a better deal had to just applied to the banks with a brand new application and the banks never having heard of me before?

Advertisement