Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty item but broken piece

Options
  • 05-01-2018 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If it's by a well known brand contact them directly and see if they will replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That's ridiculous - the item is very clearly broken.

Its like having a sole fall off a shoe and the shop insisting the laces are there.

If it's a plain glass top, they are available from some places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The manufacturer will 100% give them a rebate.

Ask the store for the supplier's details as you wish to contact them directly.

If they don't relent then, then I'd name and shame them.

Unfortunately as the value is probably quite small the scc is probably not an option, but the store certainly has lost you and your mum as customers. - Over probably €25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Surely if your mum brings back the broken pieces then the shop can send it back to manufacturer and say it was faulty/broken when it was opened. But if all the parts cannot be returned, then the manufacturer probably won't accept it. The shop should help you out, but it's hard to see what rights you would have if you didn't return the whole item. Anything they do now will be a gesture of goodwill. Was it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Not it wasn't very expensive only about 40 euro or so. Wouldn't be bringing them to small claims over it!!
    To be honest my mother was very silly to drop the plate in the first place, and no she didn't keep the pieces. My dad even told her she was mad trying to bring it back. I get what they were saying and I doubted myself they would help her out but it was obviously very faulty if it blew her bulb. She even told us they had to stop stocking them because nobody was buying them.

These things happen, we all drop stuff. It would be mean spirited of the shop not to refund considering they confirmed it didn't work, but some smaller shops work on tight margins and if the manufacturer won't refund them, then they may feel that they shouldn't take the hit. Don't shop there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Yeah probably wont get anywhere with this. Unfortunate because my mother spends a fortune in there and I buy her stuff there often too. Wont be buying from them again. Thanks guys.

That's very crappy of them, as a gesture of good will for longtime customers they should take the hit.
    You're right not to shop there again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Jesus €40 is nothing to be sneezed at.... Go in yourself in a calm manner, and at least see if they would give anything at all towards the forty? Breakages happen to products all the time, 9 times out 10, a faulty product will come back to Manufacturer every last piece all present and correct, the odd time, some single part will be missing, part(s) broken etc. Is it not par for the course that it's not gonna be all 100% present and correct in all of its' full physical form 100% all of the time?!? Confectionary Companies offer Refunds, and they do give them sometimes, but, the thing is gonna have to have been opened to taste it in the first place like!

Like I mean, if it broke in her Shop, I presume first thing she would have done was put in a Phonecall to the Manufacturer to say, - it's 100% faulty but it's just after breaking. The Manufacturer is hardly gonna question her on that are they! And they would put through the Refund. Shop Assistant knew well the measure of genuinity in that, you're replacing it for being faulty and not just because ye broke it. Despite not having the full product available to return back, surely she could still put in a few Phone-calls up along the line and see if there's anything that can be done. Anyway, I think you should still go in yourself, and just see if they can give anything at all towards the forty. Twenty maybe wouldn't bother. But forty is a wee bit more like.

I love the laces story btw! Brill explanation! Must remember that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved rather misplaced post

Advertisement