Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2018 season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sporting Limerick cup is run by George Lee, so doubt he'd be charging Limerick rent to play in a match he's organised. Probably work going on with the pitch or given it a break while the mid season break is on.

Not many fans will probably wanna go back and LDMC is happy to leave Jackman the way it is because it suits there needs but if they weren't such c*nts and actually worked together with schoolboy and senior soccer you'd probably get a very good little ground in there especially now with the second entrance. It would probably have to be a 3 sided stadium if you went all seater. But you've more chance of hell freezing over than the junior council working with the schoolboys and Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sporting Limerick cup is run by George Lee, so doubt he'd be charging Limerick rent to play in a match he's organised. Probably work going on with the pitch or given it a break while the mid season break is on.

Not many fans will probably wanna go back and LDMC is happy to leave Jackman the way it is because it suits there needs but if they weren't such c*nts and actually worked together with schoolboy and senior soccer you'd probably get a very good little ground in there especially now with the second entrance. It would probably have to be a 3 sided stadium if you went all seater. But you've more chance of hell freezing over than the junior council working with the schoolboys and Limerick.
    That’s what I thought with regard to George Lee and Sporting Limerick. Nevertheless the rest of my post I’d still stand by.

Another problem with Jackman is parking, the Munster Junior Cup Final was madness.

Well there's no parking at the Markets field either apart from players and officials, you gotta park on the street if you drive to the matches.

Daniel Kearns, Darren Dennehy, Henry Cameron and Mark O’Sullivan are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The exodus begins...

€10,000 a month was the rumoured shortfall. Wonder what impact those 4 players will have on it, and who else will follow.

• Advertisement

Cameron alone probably knocks off 3 grand minimum from that figure but I'd say the figure of €10,000 is a lot more. Only for the money from Rigid at the end of last month you gotta wonder would the lads even have got paid.

Conor Clifford gone from Limerick.

Conor Clifford gone from Limerick.

Pity, one of the players I'd really like to have kept.

Not a surprise though - he would have had clubs interested.

Brendan Clarke is back to Pat’s after tonight’s game.

Brendan Clarke is back to Pat’s after tonight’s game.

That's a real disaster if true. He has kept us in plenty of games and seems to be a great presence in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So Limerick first team will be a mix of this and last season's under 19's

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

3 points tonight is very important. need at least a draw imo.

osarusan wrote: »
    That's a real disaster if true. He has kept us in plenty of games and seems to be a great presence in the squad.

Massive blow, as you said not only did he keep us in many games he was a great guy to have around the dressing.
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    So Limerick first team will be a mix of this and last season's under 19's

Could end up with:

Holland

Kelly - Cantwell - Wearen - Dennehy or Tracy

W.Fitz - Coleman - Duggy - Maguire - K.O'Sullivan

Morrissey or Ellis

Out of that starting 11 I'd say Billy Dennehy could be another who'll leave. Others that I'll be worried might leave are Cantwell, Wearen and Coleman. The only positive would be is if they leave they'll probably won't be first choice so could stick around for the end of the season.

Limerick 2-1 Bray

(Coleman, Maguire)

Massive result for Limerick to keep a gap between us and bottom side Bray.

We started well and took the lead after 10 minutes. A Maguire pass on the edge of the area was blocked by a Bray defender but fell fortuitously to the inrushing Cian Coleman, and he fired low past the keeper from just inside the area.

Bray levelled soon afterwards. They caused us loads of trouble with balls over the top, and we finally paid the price when Clarke was stranded, and lobbed, after the defenders had been caught out.

But we went ahead again about 5 minutes later. Maguire released Ellis down the left, and he got into the box before centering back to Maguire, and between him and the defender, the ball just about made it over the line.

Bray missed a great chance to equalise before halftime when a shot was skewed wide from in front of goal, and in the second half, they had most of the ball and most of the attack. We had chances on the counter through Fitzgerald and Morrissey, but we also had Clarke to thank for a couple of saves, as well as some great blocks.

Our first home win in a long time, and 3 very welcome points.

Next game: away to Derry, Friday July 6th.

I fear for whoever is left come next Friday with Derry away, they'll be looking to turn around recent performances and have possibly got the best team to do it against coming up next week especially if Clarke and others are gone.

Genuine question here, I can't find any info, but from the players who left so far how many have actually signed for other clubs and how many have just walked out with a P45 and are now looking for someone to play for? Not that it matters, they're gone anyway, just curious if anyone knows.

Genuine question here, I can't find any info, but from the players who left so far how many have actually signed for other clubs and how many have just walked out with a P45 and are now looking for someone to play for? Not that it matters, they're gone anyway, just curious if anyone knows.

They technically can't sign for anyone until the first of July but rumours have Clifford and Clarke signing with St Pats, Mark O'Sullivan will probably head back to Cork to play MSL or even sign with Cobh but he'll probably get more money playing MSL and think he's a job too.

Cameron is probably returning back to England, Darren Dennehy only God knows given his injury record but wouldn't be surprised to see him at Bray and Tony Whitehead is off to New Zealand, signing with Southern United supposdly where Garbhan Coughlin plays.

Edit:
    Forgot about Danny Kearns, he's from the North and could possibly return there as their clubs would be starting pre season soon.

Jack Brady and Darren Murphy linked to be signing with the club this month. Brady whose originally from Kilaloe will come in to replace Clarke and Murphy who plays with Cobh.

Jack Brady and Darren Murphy linked to be signing with the club this month. Brady whose originally from Kilaloe will come in to replace Clarke and Murphy who plays with Cobh.
    Must be awful discouraging for Tommy Holland, I haven’t seen Brady though.
    I assume it’ll be Tommy starting against Derry anyway, god help him because I think we’ll be thumped.

Must be awful discouraging for Tommy Holland, I haven’t seen Brady though.

You need two keepers though, Tommy will probably get the nod and it be up to Brady to dislodge him as he's only second choice at Longford with only one league appearance this season.

I'd like to see Tadgh Ryan back at the club next season but don't think you'll get him unless you sign his brother as a coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

i gather darren murphy is a direct replacement for conor clifford. Anyone know what he is like as a player?

damowill wrote: »
    i gather darren murphy is a direct replacement for conor clifford. Anyone know what he is like as a player?

Yeah in to make up the numbers in midfield. Maguire, Duggan and Coleman will probably be first choice as Wearen will cover CB. I've no idea what he's like but if he's anything like Coleman then he'll be a positive signing.

Joe Gamble announced as manager of College Corinthians for the 2018/19 season.

Interesting to see if he finishes the season out with Limerick or not, he's been a coach with them last season too I think.

Tomàs O'Connor, younger brother of Paudie O'Connor has been promoted to the senior and good chance he could make his debut tonight against Derry given the injuries and those doubtful. Shaun Kelly and Jason Cross are unavailable while still no news on Killian Brouders return from concussion or Darren Dennehy whethers he's signed his release or even if he's fit, Wearen is doubtful but he was doubtful for the Bray game too and played but with tonights game on astro might be a bit too much.

Hope Wearen plays, he has looked pretty solid at centre back, more so as the season goes on.

But with Clarke gone, tonight could be a rough one.

The only good news is that Derry are a mess right now too.

If Wearen doesn't play I think we're goosed, injuries and player departures have left the defence bare at the moment, haven't a clue who'll be the back up keeper for tonight either. Also see Ronan Coughlan left Bray last night, attracting interest from Cork and Pats apparently.

https://twitter.com/Cunneen92/status/1015211720913182720

Brady and Murphy have signed, Murphy could possibly make his debut tonight as he's travelled to Derry with the team. Don't know why they pay Wallace when you can't even put out a few posts on social media about new signings but can tweet about an ex players loan move to Blackpool.

Derry 2-1 Limerick

(Ellis)

I wasn't at this, so all I know is that we took the lead after 35 minutes when Conor Ellis scored his first goal for the club, but Derry equalised just 2 minutes later.

Only a few seconds into the second half they scored again. We have a real problem conceding just before and after halftime.

For the remainder of the game Derry seemed the most likely to get the next goal, although Barry Maguire had a chance late on.

Another week off next weekend.

Next game: away to St. Pats, Friday July 20th, 7.45pm.

• Advertisement

Advertisement