Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2018 season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Couldn't even win a game that was rigged......

Fair play to anyone that makes the trip to mordor on Monday night, it's a bastard of a journey and you won't be home till 4am. Anyone got a team sheet for tonight?

LIMERICK FC: Jack Brady, Killian Cantwell (Karl O’Sullivan 59), Colman Kennedy, Tomas O’Connor, Ger Barry, Aaron Fitzgerald, Barry Maguire (Cian Coleman 46), Darren Murphy, Connor Ellis (Danny Morrissey 68), Adam Foley, Colm Walsh O’Loghlen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Fair play to anyone that makes the trip to mordor on Monday night, it's a bastard of a journey and you won't be home till 4am. Anyone got a team sheet for tonight?
    What on earth is mordor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

What on earth is mordor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

Is anyone even doing commentary for tonight??

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    Is anyone even doing commentary for tonight??

Live 95fm have live commentary on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Finn Harps 1-0 Limerick

Narrow defeat in a freezing ballybofey, but still all to play for.

We were the better team in the first thirty minutes, and had a decent chance when Conor Ellis beat the keeper to a through ball and took it past him, but his shot from an acute angle went across goal.

Then out of nothing, we were 1-0 down. A through ball split our defence open, and Brouder rashly tackled and conceded a penalty, which they scored. They probably had the better of the rest of the first half.

In the second half, they were happy to give us territory and possession and defend their box. We sent countless balls into the box but none of them resulted in a real chance.

We forced their keeper to make a few saves and an acrobatic Dennehy volley went just wide, but they will fancy their chances of another clean sheet on Friday.

Next game: home to Finn Harps, Friday November 2nd, 7.45pm.

Limerick 0-2 Finn Harps

Aggregate 0-3

Limerick were relegated without even a whimper tonight.

We had one decent first half chance when a header from a corner was cleared off the line, but otherwise created very little. Harps hit the post after running behind the defence, and scored in a similar fashion just before halftime.

After halftime we had a short spell of pressure, but Harps withstood it easily enough. We only fashioned one real chance in the second half, when Morrissey turned and shot, forcing a decent save from the keeper, and Shane Tracy had a fierce shot deflected over.

But Harps were sharper,and missed a few chances, including one incredible miss from about 3 yards out, but finally finished things with another ball in behind the defence for the striker to run onto and blast low under Jack Brady. Right at the end a Morrissey header grazed the crossbar.

The game, and the season, petered out in sad fashion. We return to the Discover Ireland league, with trips to exotic destinations like Athlone and Longford to entertain us.

Tom the Gom was scratching his head at some of them tactical decisions, Ellis isn't a cousin to a footballer so we'll stick him on the right wing and then switch him to the left effectively taking Dennehy out of the game also cause he's no right foot.

Might as well wind the club up when they go back to court, anyone with the smallest interest of taking over can just apply for a licence and be debt free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

Worst performance I have seen in a long time and that is saying something. Pity as the crowd last night shows the potential is there. Poor effort from the players, if the club goes bang and these players were supposed to be in the shop window they did themselves no favours. Stephen Bradley was in the crowd last night and did not look impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

A big word of thanks to Osarusan for his work on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

Terrible performance all round on Friday night. Only Shane Duggan and perhaps Killian Cantwell could say they played any where near the standard required. Harps were miles better in all departments and thoroughly deserve their promotion.

Horgan got he's tactics spot on by playing a 5-3-2 system which swamped our midfield and left us hopelessly pumping long high ball into the ineffective Morrissey up front. It was embarrassing really to see the premier division team resort to these tactics especially against a strong breeze in the first half. Tommy to his credit after the much mentioned this but he did nothing to try and change he's formation and once the first goal went in (typically just before half time) the tie was effectively over.

Where do Limerick FC go from here is anyones guess. The financial position is precarious and without a new ownership I doubt the club will be in a position to return in March without resorting to a fully amateur set up and either a return to Jackman or Hogan Park. This will truly be like being back in the dark old days and it is all the more depressing considering the great plans for Markets Field that we were feed to us 4/5 years ago.

Last year I think the board blew it massively. There was a good squad of players that won the 1st division there and they improved on it by making astute signings including Tosi, Ogbene and Hery. However they were impatient with the mediocre results at the start of the season and sacked Russell (unfairly in my opinion). Neil McDonald as a replacement was costly and as it turned out he was no better then the man he replaced. The club banked on europe qualification but instead got a relegation scrap. With the inevitable cost & squad cutting for the following season the writing was very much on the wall.

I share most supporters take that the blame lies with the current board and advisers to Pat O'Sullivan. They should have advised more prudent spending when the club got relegated 3 years ago. Instead we had the highest wage bill in the 1st division by miles and although we got promoted by a huge margin it wasn't sustainable. The local businesses were never on board and Pat had to carry the can.

Terrible performance all round on Friday night. Only Shane Duggan and perhaps Killian Cantwell could say they played any where near the standard required. Harps were miles better in all departments and thoroughly deserve their promotion.

Horgan got he's tactics spot on by playing a 5-3-2 system which swamped our midfield and left us hopelessly pumping long high ball into the ineffective Morrissey up front. It was embarrassing really to see the premier division team resort to these tactics especially against a strong breeze in the first half. Tommy to his credit after the much mentioned this but he did nothing to try and change he's formation and once the first goal went in (typically just before half time) the tie was effectively over.

Yeah season went as planned, as everyone expected the most we'd get was the play offs and probably lucky to get that seeing as Bray were a bigger basket case than us it seems. Tactically mistakes were made during the season but the play offs were a fresh start, you'd hope that lessons were learnt because Ollie Horgan knows how to set up his teams not to lose but it seemed nothing was learnt with some of the mistakes made. As you pointed out long balls being pumped forward against a strong breeze, starting Connor Ellis on the wing and then switching him and Dennehy effectively rendering both wingers useless rather than just Ellis.

I like Tommy, I think it's good that we had someone local to appoint and someone whose worked with the academy but it hasn't worked out with him and next season will probably just be the kids so it's gonna be even tougher. Someone with experience needs to be brought in alongside Tommy because Boland is a bluffer and probably wouldn't surprise me if he was calling the shots and Tommy was just named manager because he had the necessary licence.

Stephen Henderson would be the best choice, he's way too good for Cobh and while we'll be at their level or lower next season there is more room for limerick to grow while Cobh will always stay at that level. Getting him is tough as he's got a Monday to Friday job in Cork, his missus is from Cobh I think and probably living there quite some time now. If bridges with the business community in Limerick weren't so badly burnt you could try work something out with someone being able to offer any potential manager a day to day job to move here.

It's all easy just saying this but the club need to look at being able to help players/coaches with education and employment in order to attract them here along with improving the academy and the players it produces even more. We'll never get to the level of full time 52 week contracts and only so many teams will be able to offer them and then we are at a disadvantage against the other Dublin clubs who can attract certain players for cheaper because we gotta pay them more to move to Limerick.

Where do Limerick FC go from here is anyones guess. The financial position is precarious and without a new ownership I doubt the club will be in a position to return in March without resorting to a fully amateur set up and either a return to Jackman or Hogan Park. This will truly be like being back in the dark old days and it is all the more depressing considering the great plans for Markets Field that we were feed to us 4/5 years ago.

Last year I think the board blew it massively. There was a good squad of players that won the 1st division there and they improved on it by making astute signings including Tosi, Ogbene and Hery. However they were impatient with the mediocre results at the start of the season and sacked Russell (unfairly in my opinion). Neil McDonald as a replacement was costly and as it turned out he was no better then the man he replaced. The club banked on europe qualification but instead got a relegation scrap. With the inevitable cost & squad cutting for the following season the writing was very much on the wall.

Jackman or Hogan, it's like trying to pick the lesser of two evils or who'd rather let shag your wife, the outcome isn't great but you still gotta choose. Hogan Park won't pass any licence, even with the FAI pulling strings and letting grounds pass that shouldn't it still wouldn't come close to passing. It will be Jackman for now but think Hogan Park has a lot more potential if you could get the different levels of soccer in Limerick join together and work as a unit rather than bickering.

Also Martin Russell is another bluffer, how he wasn't sacked in 2015 is beyond me going 21 games without a win. Just need to look at Shane Keegan (Martin Russell 2.0) in Galway to see how our season would have faired out had he stayed on.

I share most supporters take that the blame lies with the current board and advisers to Pat O'Sullivan. They should have advised more prudent spending when the club got relegated 3 years ago. Instead we had the highest wage bill in the 1st division by miles and although we got promoted by a huge margin it wasn't sustainable. The local businesses were never on board and Pat had to carry the can.

Given some of those involved in the club have worked under Pat O'Sullivan, Jack McCarthy and Danny Drew then I don't think being prudent or sensible is their style but seems more like let's milk these lads and make a few quid. As Stephen Henderson said " If you're only involved to get something back from personal gain, you should just get the f*ck out "

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you'll get a lot more good ideas and work out of someone who wants to be there because they love the club rather than someone you've gotta pay to be there. Doubt anyone bar coaching staff get paid at Harps, same with Cork when they reformed and it's only this season they've brought on and paid some staff I think and would love to know does anyone get paid at Bohs because they've got some very good people behind the scenes running things while it seems we've got leeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Long term issue has to be a ground.

The rent at the markets field isn't sustainable, also with rugby being played on it(free of charge) it wrecks the surface.

We'll be back in Jackman next year I'd imagine but if we get promoted, Jackman isn't good enough for a premier license

A big word of thanks to Osarusan for his work on this thread.
    Cheers boi!

I went to the FAI Cup final today, with my son. I thought that after him watching Limerick getting hammered all season, he could do with broadening his footballing horizons.

My god, we are a million miles away from Dundalk, hardly playing the same sport. They are a special team.

I don't think we'll have to worry about facing them for a while though. I can see us going part-time across probably the whole squad, returning to Jackman, and scrounging a meager existence for the next few years.

We can only hope there is an investor with more money than brains.

osarusan wrote: »
    Cheers boi!

I went to the FAI Cup final today, with my son. I thought that after him watching Limerick getting hammered all season, he could do with broadening his footballing horizons.

My god, we are a million miles away from Dundalk, hardly playing the same sport. They are a special team.

I don't think we'll have to think about facing them for a while though. I can see us going part-time across probably the whole squad, returning to Jackman, and scrounging a meager existence for the next few years.

We can only hope there is an investor with more money than brains.
    I think that a big issue is the league being judged by its strongest, as opposed to its weakest, links. Dundalk and co. might be doing swimmingly but there's a lot of clubs (ourselves included) who are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

Its difficult to put it all down on paper. For a start I do not think any of the players should be questioned effort wise. I think they all genuinely tried hard this seasons and over the last week, accounting for what they were put through this year by the club.
    Likewise I give credit to Barrett for the work this year. Not many would have taken it on and he came close to pulling off survival. The blame rests solely with the people running the club.

With this in mind, in my mind the basics of it are this.
    1. Tommy and his team worked hard but lacked experience in the coaching and management setup. Lost the tactical battle 100% last Friday. I feel this inexperience cost the side results through the year also.
    2. The squad, although light, was a match for Harps talent wise. I believe that. At times this year we were able to put out what I perceived as a strong midfield, a decent first 11. Light in defense and light up front. However through the season, from lack of coaching experience to moral blows and what ever else. I saw no improvement in the game plan, team work, cohesion of the play etc. The defense looked like it had never played or trained together some times. Players like Coleman, I saw the effort, the job he could do with his physicality and attitude, real potential, but his footballing ability did not improve at all through the year. Thats just 1 example.
    The young wingers in Fitzgerald and O'Sullivan showed promise but also sent themselves down blind alleys. A better coached squad would have seen a major improvement. This isnt Barretts fault, experience has to be gained and Im sure hes learned a lot, but he needed someone with experience beside him. The boards fault.
    3. The pitch. I couldnt believe how bad it was the start of the year. It was embarrassing, especially compared to how well it was maintained previously. The ledp have a lot to answer for. Iv heard so many rumors about the rise in rates the club had to play and the fact that pitch maintenance was handed over to a 3rd party, coupled with the rugby playing there in the week before the season started. It was a shambles.
    The markets field need to give a little back now to ensure the team stays there otherwise it will lay idle for most of the year. The club has to stay there, if it doesnt half of whats left of fans wont go to matches.
    4. Club and match-day promotion, poor all year. The region hasnt engaged with the club but I feel likewise the club hasnt reached out to the city or county. Their online presence is poor, someone in the club should be badgering every shop, business, factory, multinational (with 1000s of employees) for anything, from advertising money to company day outs for matches to raffles, so sponsorship to ticket sales. Fill the match day program with advert after advert, try get some revenue from it. Play ads through half time rather than listen to commentary on an u8s match. ANYTHING to get 10 extra people in and a few hundred extra quid per week.

What do I think they need to do. Fix some of the above, stop wasting money, bring in proper football and business people to run it, reach out, stay in the markets field, try to rebuild with something sustainable. Use the location. The strong junior hinterland, the colleges! Theres what, 20,000 students in the city??!! Get them in the gates, use them to find players. UL, LIT, Mary I. Link up as much as possible, hold trials at the university every year or 6 months, the amount of quality youth and junior players from Kerry, Cork, Clare, Tipp, Galway, Limerick and beyond that attend these colleges. That might not keep it up with their home clubs due to the move, that want to play at a higher standard. If they find even 1 player per year offer some form of allowance, small wage, be it accommodation or even go full scholarship and in cahoots with the institutions to get good new young players. No way is there not talent in these counties that is lost every year.

I might be way off with these comments, some might even be being done, but it would be such a shame to sink back down and stay there.

Its difficult to put it all down on paper. For a start I do not think any of the players should be questioned effort wise. I think they all genuinely tried hard this seasons and over the last week, accounting for what they were put through this year by the club.
    Likewise I give credit to Barrett for the work this year. Not many would have taken it on and he came close to pulling off survival. The blame rests solely with the people running the club.

Only reason he was given the job is because nobody else wanted it or would do it for pittance. If the club actually saw Tommy as a manager for the future they would've had him stand in when Russell was sacked and not Boland, seeing as Tommy had the neccassary qualifications.

With this in mind, in my mind the basics of it are this.
    1. Tommy and his team worked hard but lacked experience in the coaching and management setup. Lost the tactical battle 100% last Friday. I feel this inexperience cost the side results through the year also.

Definitely did but the failure to learn from mistakes made is a black mark on Tommy and nobody knows what's gonna be left of the club or if there will be club but Tommys position as manager needs to be looked at. While yes the squad was trimmed big time in the summer and we lost some valuable players in Clarke, Clifford and Kearns which would have made a massive difference against Harps and even before the season started we lost probably the best target man in the league in Tosi and best player in the league in Hery but it's now more than ever when we could have a team of amateurs that we need experience in management.

2. The squad, although light, was a match for Harps talent wise. I believe that. At times this year we were able to put out what I perceived as a strong midfield, a decent first 11. Light in defense and light up front. However through the season, from lack of coaching experience to moral blows and what ever else. I saw no improvement in the game plan, team work, cohesion of the play etc. The defense looked like it had never played or trained together some times. Players like Coleman, I saw the effort, the job he could do with his physicality and attitude, real potential, but his footballing ability did not improve at all through the year. Thats just 1 example.
    The young wingers in Fitzgerald and O'Sullivan showed promise but also sent themselves down blind alleys. A better coached squad would have seen a major improvement. This isnt Barretts fault, experience has to be gained and Im sure hes learned a lot, but he needed someone with experience beside him. The boards fault.

Honestly don't think we were a match talent wise and imo most our players would struggle to get into the Harps first team bar Duggan, Dennehy and Cantwell.

3. The pitch. I couldnt believe how bad it was the start of the year. It was embarrassing, especially compared to how well it was maintained previously. The ledp have a lot to answer for. Iv heard so many rumors about the rise in rates the club had to play and the fact that pitch maintenance was handed over to a 3rd party, coupled with the rugby playing there in the week before the season started. It was a shambles.
    The markets field need to give a little back now to ensure the team stays there otherwise it will lay idle for most of the year. The club has to stay there, if it doesnt half of whats left of fans wont go to matches.

Best thing to do in the short term is get out of the markets field for the simple fact to let it lay idle and not give any money to the LEDP especially if the teams part time with amateur players. Before the play offs our crowds were 400 at best in the last few matches, if everyone of those people were paying 12e at the gate then half of that is already gone on rent which is mental. Let them hold their annual 3 rugby games or whatever else goes on up there because I doubt any of them are paying rent or probably give the bare minimum to cover the cost of using the lights. Only way Limerick fc should stay in the markets field next season is if the rent is reduced dramatically, so dramatically that it's under a four figure sum per game.

And its not like the markets field is this magnificent stadium, it's one stand with the rest of the home support standing on a grassy bank. For the rent we pay you'd except something like the Brandywell which Derry pay less rent than us or Terryland which Galway pay €600 a game, that's at least 2k a game less than us if the 35% increase on the 2k rent is true, heck I'd say Shamrock Rovers rent looks a bargain compared to ours.

4. Club and match-day promotion, poor all year. The region hasnt engaged with the club but I feel likewise the club hasnt reached out to the city or county. Their online presence is poor, someone in the club should be badgering every shop, business, factory, multinational (with 1000s of employees) for anything, from advertising money to company day outs for matches to raffles, so sponsorship to ticket sales. Fill the match day program with advert after advert, try get some revenue from it. Play ads through half time rather than listen to commentary on an u8s match. ANYTHING to get 10 extra people in and a few hundred extra quid per week.

What do I think they need to do. Fix some of the above, stop wasting money, bring in proper football and business people to run it, reach out, stay in the markets field, try to rebuild with something sustainable. Use the location. The strong junior hinterland, the colleges! Theres what, 20,000 students in the city??!! Get them in the gates, use them to find players. UL, LIT, Mary I. Link up as much as possible, hold trials at the university every year or 6 months, the amount of quality youth and junior players from Kerry, Cork, Clare, Tipp, Galway, Limerick and beyond that attend these colleges. That might not keep it up with their home clubs due to the move, that want to play at a higher standard. If they find even 1 player per year offer some form of allowance, small wage, be it accommodation or even go full scholarship and in cahoots with the institutions to get good new young players. No way is there not talent in these counties that is lost every year.

I might be way off with these comments, some might even be being done, but it would be such a shame to sink back down and stay there.

Two long time fans of the club who set up a meeting between the club and the people they work for about sponsorship, said companies parent company has an annual turnover exceeding a billion. Club got a cheque for 50k from this meeting and later that week announced we had no money and couldn't pay players. Why would any company want to deal with a club when you're being told all these great plans one day and a week later are being told actually we haven't got a pot to piss in and need this money to actually pay players. Whoever comes in to run the club whether it be next season or the year after has some serious ass kissing to do to help improve the image of Limerick fc among the business community of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

Two long time fans of the club who set up a meeting between the club and the people they work for about sponsorship, said companies parent company has an annual turnover exceeding a billion. Club got a cheque for 50k from this meeting and later that week announced we had no money and couldn't pay players. Why would any company want to deal with a club when you're being told all these great plans one day and a week later are being told actually we haven't got a pot to piss in and need this money to actually pay players. Whoever comes in to run the club whether it be next season or the year after has some serious ass kissing to do to help improve the image of Limerick fc among the business community of Limerick.

This kind of info slips past and people dont know about it and it is unforgivable. Its such a pity as the club could have really made a go of it but for the miss management these last few years

The markets field is a tricky one I think. Walk away and potentially lose as many fans as to not save any money. Stay and pay over the odds for what you rightly say isnt the Brandywell. It depends on whats worth more to the club in the long run, thats the gamble. This is where rates have to drop, or let it sit and rot empty for a year and soften their cough.

I also hope that relegation might not be a dead end once the proper people take control. If we had stayed up and been pretty much semi pro or even half amateur next year relegation was a certainty, youre then in the first division, in the same position but its a year later. Now we are there we can start the rebuild immediately, but as i say it again, once the right people take over.

The risk is now that it is first division rather than premier, theres less chance the right people would be interested. If they exist at all.

• Advertisement

Given some of those involved in the club have worked under Pat O'Sullivan, Jack McCarthy and Danny Drew then I don't think being prudent or sensible is their style but seems more like let's milk these lads and make a few quid.

Is this true and how are they still there?

I actually think we'd have stayed up if we had one really decent striker in form. Apart from the few games where we were completely overrun, usually we were able to create chances, just had no one with the last touch. Only saw a handful of games this season though.

The obvious thing to do is go amateur or part time and try and attract young players who may want to get some sort of third level qualification while playing.

I'd like a decent website with a mobile site.

Some fella in UL would make a decent one on his tea break ffs.

This kind of info slips past and people dont know about it and it is unforgivable. Its such a pity as the club could have really made a go of it but for the miss management these last few years

The markets field is a tricky one I think. Walk away and potentially lose as many fans as to not save any money. Stay and pay over the odds for what you rightly say isnt the Brandywell. It depends on whats worth more to the club in the long run, thats the gamble. This is where rates have to drop, or let it sit and rot empty for a year and soften their cough.

I don't think it's worth pay paying what they are or even half of what they are just to keep maybe 100 fans from not coming because it's back to Jackman Park.

They need to take that hit, walk and call the LEDPs bluff about getting a proper fair rent for what facilities they've actually got which actually isn't much really. A Shamrock Rovers member mentioned on foot.ie that it's something like 120k a year to use Tallaght Stadium but that gets you the use of the conference facilities, bar and close to 50 games a season with seniors and underage sides.

I also hope that relegation might not be a dead end once the proper people take control. If we had stayed up and been pretty much semi pro or even half amateur next year relegation was a certainty, youre then in the first division, in the same position but its a year later. Now we are there we can start the rebuild immediately, but as i say it again, once the right people take over.

The risk is now that it is first division rather than premier, theres less chance the right people would be interested. If they exist at all.

Yeah think if there is someone there whose got an interest to take over then staying in premier would have made it difficult to take over because they would have needing to buy the club to remain in premier while now they can put their own application in for a licence and not deal with the current club.

Only problem with that would be not being able to do any business until granted a licence and by then players are signed with clubs, even Longford now must have half a squad or more signed up now for next season two months before pre season starts.

Still think a proper fans group is needed to have some involvement. They'll never be able to fund the club because we haven't got the numbers and even Galway are struggling to do that but if you had a fan group that could get along then you could put plans in motion of getting people from the mid West region involved in running the club. For all we know there could be fans that go to games more qualified than those currently running the club but wouldn't have a say on things because it's a closed shop atm.

Getting back into the good books of the UL and even LIT is soon to become a university so we'll have two right on our door steps and the business community is needed asap. The likes of UCD and Cobh have two good managers because they've also got part time jobs. Collie O'Neill works in Microsoft and Stephen Henderson works in Depuy which is a medical devices company in Cork.

Limerick need to be making these connections with the companies in our area to offer incentives for players and managers to want to move to Limerick. LOI isn't a full time job, and I know if it was me and a club could offer you the opportunity to to upskill in education or get a proper job I'd bite your hand off because football is a short career and as a mate of mine says the only way to make money as a LOI player is to win the lotto.

I'd like a decent website with a mobile site.

Some fella in UL would make a decent one on his tea break ffs.

Should take a look at Galways website. Very user friendly for mobile, gives you a link to all the fixtures for every team, has player profiles for every player in the club and already have the table updated to next season's first division. Even have highlights of their games posted on there.

If Limerick could get in with the likes of Vistakon, Stryker, Regeneron they'd be laughing.

So revenue were sorted and the case struck out of court, it's not to say that other debts owed to creditors will probably be called in over the next few months but besides that does anyone know when the licences for next season are given out? Doubt we'll see any players signed or a manager named until January if POS is hoping someone else comes in or if someone is interested and applied for their own licence.

Cian Coleman gone to Pat's. No surprise that he was going, great player with a long career ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Cian Coleman gone to Pat's. No surprise that he was going, great player with a long career ahead of him.

Was a rumour doing the rounds that Cork were looking at him

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Was a rumour doing the rounds that Cork were looking at him
    I'd say everyone reckoned that was where he was going, was taken aback to see it today. Brendan Clarke tipped off Harry Kenny allegedly.

• Advertisement

While he's got a good career ahead of himself don't think he's a starter for Pats and think they've also got better youngsters in Jamie Lennon and Darragh Markey. He's a very physical player and puts in some shift but technically he's not great and at times was caught out of position.

Maybe under a better manager and proper coaching he'll improve his technical side of the game, which is why I'm surprised he didn't choose Cork who are local and work with Caulfield but they either wanted him on the cheap and Pats made a better offer or he wants to be a first team starter which he wouldn't get at Cork.

Advertisement