Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2018 season

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

While he's got a good career ahead of himself don't think he's a starter for Pats and think they've also got better youngsters in Jamie Lennon and Darragh Markey. He's a very physical player and puts in some shift but technically he's not great and at times was caught out of position.

Maybe under a better manager and proper coaching he'll improve his technical side of the game, which is why I'm surprised he didn't choose Cork who are local and work with Caulfield but they either wanted him on the cheap and Pats made a better offer or he wants to be a first team starter which he wouldn't get at Cork.

Don't rate Caulfield as highly as many. He plays some seriously negative football despite having some great players at his disposal. Not been able to get the best out of Sadlier(last season), nearly throwing away the title after maguire left the season previous. Also byepassing midfield in year when they had Miller & Healy in there.

I think his an alright manager, but has had a budget and a great squad and has finished 2nd three times in the last 4 years by 10pts(2018), 7pts(2016) & 11pts(2015).

I think Keith Long is a much better manager for example despite the smaller budget, seems to get average players to excel and works off a fairly small squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Duggan to Waterford.

Limerick getting some business done.

Sean Russell is after signing, while Adam Foley, Ger Barry and Shaun Kelly have re-signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

Sean Russell is after signing, while Adam Foley, Ger Barry and Shaun Kelly have re-signed

Russell is a poor man's Lee J. I suppose this is what we can expect this year. Does anybody know what Paul O'Conor and Robbie Williams are doing next year? We could get the old 2016 team back together again.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Kells was always gonna sign back unless he was gonna stop playing altogether. He's one of our own at this stage, family lives down here and has a job out in Shannon. Probably be club captain now that Duggan has left.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie Williams return. He's also living here, has been going with a girl from Limerick the last 4 or 5 years. I'd say Paul O'Conor will probably end up at Cabinteely or some other first division team. If we are being back the 2016 team then the next signing must clearly be Chris Mulhall because A) He's got a nice beard B) He's got a catchy song C) great taste in music.

• Advertisement

Kells was always gonna sign back unless he was gonna stop playing altogether. He's one of our own at this stage, family lives down here and has a job out in Shannon. Probably be club captain now that Duggan has left.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie Williams return. He's also living here, has been going with a girl from Limerick the last 4 or 5 years. I'd say Paul O'Conor will probably end up at Cabinteely or some other first division team. If we are being back the 2016 team then the next signing must clearly be Chris Mulhall because A) He's got a nice beard B) He's got a catchy song C) great taste in music.
    Yeah wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie back, heard a murmur of Paul O'Conor.

Hearing that Jason Hughes signing is imminent.

https://twitter.com/LimerickFCie/status/1072526847655796736?s=19

Robbie Williams is in as a player-coach as well as an Under-19's coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Pleased with both O'Sullivan and Williams. Very happy we held onto O'Sullivan, and hope Will Fitz signs too. They could tear Div 1 fullbacks apart.

Think Will Fitzs is already signed up according to Andrew Cunneen who tweeted we had bids received for him so far this off season.

Delighted that Robbie Williams is coming in as coach with the u19s. He might not look like a footballer and enjoys himself a bit too much off the pitch but the lads got a footballing brain. Paudie credits Robbie for his development, playing alongside him and picking up pointers from him during their time with the first team. Will be good for Brouder and Tomas O'Connor to have a experienced defensive player on the coaching staff.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    Pleased with both O'Sullivan and Williams. Very happy we held onto O'Sullivan, and hope Will Fitz signs too. They could tear Div 1 fullbacks apart.
    https://twitter.com/LimerickFCie/status/1072536063904763904?s=19

Willie Fitz, Conor Ellis, Killian Brouder, Colm Walsh O'Loghlen and Tommy Holland all signed up too albeit they were never announced.

They'd have signed two year deals last season. I know when Ellis signed he signed a two year deal, now there's still a chance he could leave if he wanted out I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

They'd have signed two year deals last season. I know when Ellis signed he signed a two year deal, now there's still a chance he could leave if he wanted out I'd say.

Cobh are his only other option imo, while its a shambles here, he is better off sticking with us than going there.

damowill wrote: »
    Cobh are his only other option imo, while its a shambles here, he is better off sticking with us than going there.

He was living here but I think shared a house with Kearns, Coleman and Cantwell. If its easier to travel to Cobh, who let's be honest could finish ahead of us next year then he'd be better off there. It's the same reason Dean Clarke didn't sign back last season, he was sharing a place with Turner, Paul O'Connor and Mulhall, when all the lads left he couldn't afford to stay in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Coleman was on a two year deal too as far as I know and he is gone to pat's so I'd assume the club just let him go.

Would take Gary Shanahan at the moment also if he isn't staying with Galway.

McGann might be worth another go at LOI. Admittedly I haven't really seen him with pike but a lot are saying he is preforming really well and he is a bit older and more experienced now so deserves another crack at it.

We aren't going to be world beaters but if we have a good hard working honest team on the pitch you'd have to be happy at the moment.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Coleman was on a two year deal too as far as I know and he is gone to pat's so I'd assume the club just let him go.

McGann might be worth another go at LOI. Admittedly I haven't really seen him with pike but a lot are saying he is preforming really well and he is a bit older and more experienced now so deserves another crack at it.

We aren't going to be world beaters but if we have a good hard working honest team on the pitch you'd have to be happy at the moment.
    Well said.

What's the story with LIFT these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Does anyone here know the name of the Limerick Senior Soccer blog that was set up after the one on Foot.ie was closed. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

mart 23 wrote: »
    Does anyone here know the name of the Limerick Senior Soccer blog that was set up after the one on Foot.ie was closed. Thanks.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://limerickchat.proboards.com/board/3/limerick-fc-chat

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

osarusan wrote: »

Thats it . Had seen it before but lost the link Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Well said.

What's the story with LIFT these days?

The AGM is to be called soon. It would usually have been in November but with the uncertainty around the club at the time it was held off until the Revenue issues, ownership etc... were resolved/cleared up.

A lot of the committee just been tied up in the last number of weeks so the AGM will be called soon and we will take it from there with the members.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »

I'd say Shanahan is well settled into life in Galway after this many years up there and would stick around as an amateur there rather moving back to Limerick as an amateur.

If we are continuing to train in the mornings that would probably rule out any junior player or some with a full time job.

Not much more we can ask for really than a hard working team given our situation, biggest concern is gonna be the lack of a goalscorer unless Ellis sticks around and actually provides in the first division. While its not a great situation, part time with what's gonna be a squad of players signed up as amateurs but we needed to scale back big time and get the club sustainable and away from offering average players €500 a week and offering big money wages that couldn't be afforded.

The underage has unearthed some players for us so far in Paudie, Whitehead, Holland, Cotter, Brouder, O'Sullivan and Fitzgerald, while lads move on to further their careers we need to focus even more on the academy and start producing our own players. Giving the young players of the mid West a pathway to senior football.

Jack Brady re-signs.

Nice few from last year's squad who've yet to sign for anyone:

Billy and Darren Dennehy.
    Killian Cantwell.
    Danny Morrissey.
    Eoin Wearen.

Former player Paul O'Conor too.

Nice few from last year's squad who've yet to sign for anyone:

Billy and Darren Dennehy.
    Killian Cantwell.
    Danny Morrissey.
    Eoin Wearen.

Former player Paul O'Conor too.

Jack Wilshere was in Limerick today, he might get a game in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Jack Wilshere was in Limerick today, he might get a game in midfield.

Make the bench anyway. :)

Advertisement