Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2018 season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Apparently, it's a money issue.

Imagine that will the a common theme for the upcoming season for Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Apparently, it's a money issue.

He was offered the same money as last season in October and turned down the offer. Possibly a smaller offer on the table now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

And you can be sure he's better paid here than any other club in the league would offer him. Heard there's more chance of him playing junior football than back with Limerick, heard his problem is more with the club in general.

Hopefully Tommy can talk him around, he's not a number 10 as his goal stats are 13 goals in 141 appearances and don't think anywhere has records for assists in LOI but he's got some engine in him, never stops running, hard to push off the ball and with his passing think he could be a perfect replacement for the role Hery played at the end of the season as a number 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jofspring wrote: »
    He was offered the same money as last season in October and turned down the offer. Possibly a smaller offer on the table now?
    This is rumour I might add, he was apparently looking for a fairly big raise, didn't get it, bad-mouthed the club around town and word got back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Leejay was talking to sligo and wanted an apartment.

If dozie goes limerick are ****ed

Cotter is useless. Surprised UK teams are interested in him

What was the problem with his attitude? Heard a few times there was off field issues but never knew what exactly he had done.

• Advertisement

Leejay was talking to sligo and wanted an apartment.

If dozie goes limerick are ****ed

Cotter is useless. Surprised UK teams are interested in him

What was the problem with his attitude? Heard a few times there was off field issues but never knew what exactly he had done.

He thinks his brilliant, that he doesn't need to listen to others because he knows it all.

Cocky, Arrogant and Lazy are the three nicest adjectives I've heard used to describe him.

Lazy is possibly the one word you couldn't use to describe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lazy is possibly the one word you couldn't use to describe him.

I thought the description was of Cotter (not Lee-J), and I'd say it's accurate. Mentally lazy anyway, doesn't analyse situations enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

osarusan wrote: »
    I thought the description was of Cotter (not Lee-J), and I'd say it's accurate. Mentally lazy anyway, doesn't analyse situations enough.

Yeah I was 100% referencing cotter, Lee-J is a machine

• Advertisement

Billy Dennehy.

Not sure how much he has left in the tank, but we simply need bodies to make up the numbers and we could have done a lot worse.

Striker Mark O'Sullivan signs.

He was with Cork for a few years and was part of Waterford's promotion-winning season in 2017.

Striker Mark O'Sullivan signs.

He was with Cork for a few years and was part of Waterford's promotion-winning season in 2017.

Didn't he score a lot of goals in his first couple of seasons with Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Didn't he score a lot of goals in his first couple of seasons with Cork?

This also happened:: http://www.the42.ie/dennehy-mark-osullivan-fight-cork-europa-league-2195780-Jul2015/

dowling06 wrote: »

Yeah I do remember that... Limerick FC are turning into harchester united

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

Don't forget to check out episode 2 of the Limerick F.C. podcast.

Share it on social media and all that stuff as well. Good stuff.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6603689-2018-episode-2?playlist_direction=forward&t=0

Limerick playing Galway on UL all-weather pitch tomorrow night.

Kick-off is 6.30pm, admission is free.

Also, ex-Limerick player Shaun Kelly has signed for the club, which is more good news.

Pre-season friendly: Limerick 0-0 Galway

Bitterly cold out in UL, and not much on the pitch to warm you up either. Very few chances for either team, with a few triallists for Limerick that didn't do much to impress. Only real thing of note was a Galway player getting a straight red for a lunge on Wearen.

We did at least get a look at new signings Wearen, Ellis, Dennehy, Kearns, Coleman, and Morrissey.

Trailists were Clyde O'Connell, Shane Lowth and Sosuke Kimura. Clyde and Shane both played with Tommy for the 19s, Shane was released last season and played with Cobh and Clyde was released during the summer and signed with Balla.

Trailists were Clyde O'Connell, Shane Lowth and Sol Kamura. Clyde and Shane both played with Tommy for the 19s, Shane was released last season and played with Cobh and Clyde was released during the summer and signed with Balla.

Clyde has played Irish u19's?

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Clyde has played Irish u19's?

Don't think so, he's trained with the Irish u17s but never got a game I think.

Trailists were Clyde O'Connell, Shane Lowth and Sol Kamura. Clyde and Shane both played with Tommy for the 19s, Shane was released last season and played with Cobh and Clyde was released during the summer and signed with Balla.

Yeah, O'Connell has come to the end of his time at 19s and is now without a senior club.

Didn't recognise Lowth at all, and he didn't have a chance to do much.

The other lad actually looked lively and put in a couple of very nice corners, but is very lightweight. Pity he got taken off though.

Yeah, O'Connell has come to the end of his time at 19s and is now without a senior club.

Didn't recognise Lowth at all, and he didn't have a chance to do much.

The other lad actually looked lively and put in a couple of very nice corners, but is very lightweight. Pity he got taken off though.

He'd probably be better off sticking with junior football or finding a first division club instead imo. Also meant to be another Barry Cotter type with the arrogance and attitude.

I'd say there's a good chance Lowth might be signed as back up to Shaun Kelly if Barry Cotter leaves.

Yeah his names actually Sosuke Kimura, well that's what it is on the Limerick junior soccer website. Was in last summer on trail and you'd off see him at Limerick games in the markets field wearing club gear but has been playing with Aisling Annacotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

So when are ye selling Ogbene to Cork City lads ....... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Paddico wrote: »
    So when are ye selling Ogbene to Cork City lads ....... :)

If they come up with the money then you never know....

would be hilarious. came to Limerick for nada and sell him back to Cork a year later for €100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

He'd probably be better off sticking with junior football or finding a first division club instead imo. Also meant to be another Barry Cotter type with the arrogance and attitude.

I'd say there's a good chance Lowth might be signed as back up to Shaun Kelly if Barry Cotter leaves.

Yeah his names actually Sosuke Kimura, well that's what it is on the Limerick junior soccer website. Was in last summer on trail and you'd off see him at Limerick games in the markets field wearing club gear but has been playing with Aisling Annacotty.

Kimura has been the best player on the pitch the couple of times I've seen him with Aisling. He'd a mixed 20 minutes I thought. Looked lively, whipped in a couple of excellent corners, and left the Galway right full behind with a lovely dummy and cut back at one stage. On the other hand, he lost possession a few times, often because he was a split second too slow identifying a pass or as a result of a slightly heavy touch - stuff that he gets away with playing junior ball. He probably needs a run of games to get up to the level required.

Flincher wrote: »
    Kimura has been the best player on the pitch the couple of times I've seen him with Aisling. He'd a mixed 20 minutes I thought. Looked lively, whipped in a couple of excellent corners, and left the Galway right full behind with a lovely dummy and cut back at one stage. On the other hand, he lost possession a few times, often because he was a split second too slow identifying a pass or as a result of a slightly heavy touch - stuff that he gets away with playing junior ball. He probably needs a run of games to get up to the level required.

I haven't watched any junior matches this season so have never seen him play, my first time seeing was when he came in on trail last season. Did he play junior football last season or just stuck around the city when Limerick didn't or couldn't sign him cause he was showing up to Limerick games kitted out in all the gear with the players. Hopefully he gets a good run out against City on Saturday.

Limerick play Cobh this Saturday in UL, kick off 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I haven't watched any junior matches this season so have never seen him play, my first time seeing was when he came in on trail last season. Did he play junior football last season or just stuck around the city when Limerick didn't or couldn't sign him cause he was showing up to Limerick games kitted out in all the gear with the players. Hopefully he gets a good run out against City on Saturday.

Limerick play Cobh this Saturday in UL, kick off 5pm.

He wasn't playing junior last season anyway. He seemed to appear on the scene with Aisling in August but I don't know the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

damowill wrote: »
    If they come up with the money then you never know....

would be hilarious. came to Limerick for nada and sell him back to Cork a year later for €100k.

No.1 - If we had a million years, it still wouldnt happen.
    No.2 - You do realise that if he goes for a fee this window (or summer) Cork City, Everton (Cork schoolboys) and a few other schoolboy clubs will see the majority of that amount?

• Advertisement

Flincher wrote: »

He did swing in some lovely corners and was lively in general. Very lightweight though, and not sure he is good enough to avoid getting outmuscled a lot of the time.

Watching that match, and his desperation to get on the ball, made me think it's a damn hard life as a triallist. Desperate to get on the ball and show what you can do, but that desperation possibly makes you do to much with it and made bad decisions.

Advertisement