Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2018 season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

damowill wrote: »
    Paddico wrote: »
    So when are ye selling Ogbene to Cork City lads ....... :)

If they come up with the money then you never know....

would be hilarious. came to Limerick for nada and sell him back to Cork a year later for €100k.
    I'd say 50k is what might be available to JC but I think he's a fan unfortunatly. Shame as he'd fit into our team very nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

6 foot 5 experienced centre-half, reasonably happy with that. We really needed a centre-half.

We are getting in a lot of players who are nearing (or past) their sell-by date, but not sure we have too many other options really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

osarusan wrote: »
    6 foot 5 experienced centre-half, reasonably happy with that. We really needed a centre-half.

We are getting in a lot of players who are nearing (or past) their sell-by date, but not sure we have too many other options really.

Played only 2 league games last season and was sent off in one of them, but beggers can't be choosers unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

Played only 2 league games last season and was sent off in one of them, but beggers can't be choosers unfortunately.

Hopefully a new start in a new environment will get him going. Physically he's very impressive and with a run of games in the side alongside Tony Whitehead we could have a good combination on our hands. By the way does anyone know if he is left footed? It would be good to have a right/ left footed centre back pairing.

I think getting in a left back is key now. Someone to give Shane Tracey competition. Is Lorcan Fitzgearld still available from Bohs? Could do a decent job.

• Advertisement

Hopefully a new start in a new environment will get him going. Physically he's very impressive and with a run of games in the side alongside Tony Whitehead we could have a good combination on our hands. By the way does anyone know if he is left footed? It would be good to have a right/ left footed centre back pairing.

I think getting in a left back is key now. Someone to give Shane Tracey competition. Is Lorcan Fitzgearld still available from Bohs? Could do a decent job.

He plays on the left of the two CBs. Fitzgerald would be a great first choice left back but can't see anymore signings apart from ex 19s players to add depth or if Ogbene and Cotter are sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

The latest instalment of the Limerick F.C. podcast. Have a listen and don't forget to like and share and all that jazz.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6619809-episode-3?utm_campaign=detailpage

Looking like both Ogbene and Barry Cotter are off to England apprantly, Ipswich and Brentford are the club's mentioned. Willie Boland named as Tommys assistant and Joe Gamble also part of his backroom team, goalkeeping coach should be announced next week.

Limerick play Cobh in a friendly out in UL tomorrow, kickoff 5pm, admission free.

Limerick beat Cobh 2-0, with first half goals from Shane Tracy and a Billy Dennehy penalty.

Wasn't able to make it myself, so can't report anything beyond that.

• Advertisement

I was at the friendly tonight and Coleman and Wearen in midfield impressed. Comfortable in possession and they look physically strong as well although admittedly they were playing against boys. If we could get Lynch back in to play the attacking no.10 position the midfield will be better than last season. Hopefully the Ogbene money will allow us to offer an improved contract to Lynch now and get him in.

Billy Dennehy looks an astute signing.He was lively enough tonight. Kearns on the left side was fine without threatening a whole lot. He needs to be a bit more direct.Mark O'Sullivan worked hard and kept the defence honest as always. I just wonder if the three strikers on our books at the moment will score the goals required?

Overall Cobh were very poor and weren't much of a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Ogbene gone to Brentford. Have to say I'm happy for him. He is a very determined young man and I hope he does well. Undisclosed fee but I hope we put in some appearance clauses, sell on fees, etc as well as the initial fee itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

damowill wrote: »
    Ogbene gone to Brentford. Have to say I'm happy for him. He is a very determined young man and I hope he does well. Undisclosed fee but I hope we put in some appearance clauses, sell on fees, etc as well as the initial fee itself.

Think Cork, Leeds(Cork), College Corinthians and another club are due a good chunk of any fee... Don't know what kinds percentage tho

Barry Cotter has signed for Ipswich Town of the Championship for an undisclosed fee.

Saw €80k and £70k mentioned places, would put the Ogbene fee at €60k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

How was cotter worth more than chedozie

How was cotter worth more than chedozie

He isn't but Limerick were only going to get half of any fee for Ogbene after paying his former clubs compensation so why ask them for 180k up front when we'll only receive barely 90k from it when you could ask for a small sum like 60k, get your 30k after paying out compensation and get additional add on clauses inserted to make extra money like for example 50k if he capped internationally, x amount for appearances etc etc

Hope they put the money towards getting Lee J Lynch back and perhaps a versatile defender Lb/Rb. Id be happy with that.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6633379-episode-4

Episode 4 of the Limerick FC podcast is up and running.

These will be released every Thursday evening at 6pm for your listening pleasure.

In this one we discuss both Cotter and Ogbene, as well as fighting Darren Dennehy, and the women's team.

Pre-season friendly: Shelbourne 0-1 Limerick

This was a matched played behind closed doors - no idea what that was.

Duggan scored what was apparently a cracker after 8 minutes, and we were comfortable for the rest of it.

13 days until the season kicks off away to Sligo.

• Advertisement

Lee Lynch announced on instagram that he won't be signing for Limerick this season. It's not clear if he will be with another club instead.

Very very disappointing that we haven't been able to keep him.

So the worse kept secret around Limerick soccer has finally been confirmed that Lee J won't be signing back with the club.

Has the junior transfer window closed or can he still sign with a local junior team, won't be too surprised to see him togging out with Balla if he can sign a junior form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Junior transfer window is closed. LOI one is open until the end of February.

Episode 5 of the Limerick FC podcast is out tomorrow and we've got Shaun Kelly and a surprise guest in. . . It's definitely not one to be missed.

Check out episode 4 beforehand - https://audioboom.com/posts/6633379-episode-4

Limerick have signed 22 year old defender Killian Cantwell, who has previously played for Finn Harps and Galway.

Good back up player, can play across the back four.

Episode 5 with Shaun Kelly and Lee J Lynch!!!

https://audioboom.com/posts/6656043-episode-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Limerick's home jersey is out today, no option for name/number on the back yet. Think I'll hold out for a while and get Shaun Kelly on the back.

Longford 0-1 Limerick.

Final preseason friendly, Billy Dennehy with the goal.

• Advertisement

Eddie Hickey gone from the club.

Advertisement