Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Everton

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Aside from all the slagging etc, Everton should be aiming higher than Big Sam and I think they will. He'll be gone in 12-18 months

Sam was only brought in to stabilise the club. They where in trouble before he signed. I think if he can get them mid table they will start looking for his replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Aside from all the slagging etc, Everton should be aiming higher than Big Sam and I think they will. He'll be gone in 12-18 months

hopefully - the sooner the better for me - though hes spent 26 million today

• Blowing up on twitter and news reports but murmours of racial abuse from Firmino

FA to investigate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Blowing up on twitter and news reports but murmours of racial abuse from Firmino

FA to investigate

Hard to believe that no-one else heard it considering the ref was between them and plenty of others around. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Blowing up on twitter and news reports but murmours of racial abuse from Firmino

FA to investigate

A term of endearment in Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

FA to investigate

"Television evidence suggests however, that Holgate was mistaken, with pictures appearing to show Firmino apparently mouthing a Portuguese phrase “loco puta”, which roughly translates as ‘crazy mother******."

• KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hard to believe that no-one else heard it considering the ref was between them and plenty of others around. Who knows.

Some saying it has happened off camera, others saying on

I'd suspect there will be a full report from refs tomorrow

Could be Suarez 2.0, wonder how Liverpool will treat it this time around

• "Television evidence suggests however, that Holgate was mistaken, with pictures appearing to show Firmino apparently mouthing a Portuguese phrase “loco puta”, which roughly translates as ‘crazy mother******."

Reports saying it was potentially off camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FA to investigate

Nothing to investigate apparently Mick.

It's been reported Firmino called Holgate a 'Puca' for pushing him into the stand, Holgate assumed it was a racial slur and reacted. From what I read it was explained to Holgate what it actually meant at half time by the Everton backroom team.

With the ref and all the Everton players around none of them even seemed to react so I think we can assume whatever was said wasn't that bad or there would have been a lot more of a reaction from other players (or the ref sending him off)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

FA to investigate

The camera's clearly pick up Firmino shouting "Loco Puto" (crazy c*nt). Nothing racist in that, but Fermino is a little silly to be slandering in Portuguese, while in England, as it leaves him open to be misunderstood.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nothing to investigate apparently Mick.

It's been reported Firmino called Holgate a 'Puca' for pushing him into the stand, Holgate assumed it was a racial slur and reacted. From what I read it was explained to Holgate what it actually meant at half time by the Everton backroom team.

With the ref and all the Everton players around none of them even seemed to react so I think we can assume whatever was said wasn't that bad or there would have been a lot more of a reaction from other players (or the ref sending him off)

FA are investigating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Reports saying it was potentially off camera

It was on a football pitch, there's always a camera.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    The camera's clearly pick up Firmino shouting "Loco Puto". Nothing racist in that, but Fermino is a little silly to be slandering in Portuguese, while in England, as it leaves him open to be misunderstood.
    Misunderstood? The ref and every other player right there had no issue.
    Maybe it was intentionally misunderstood? (if we can throw around accusations).

• It was on a football pitch, there's always a camera.

Don't shoot the messenger, captures on TV possibly on an off camera not viewable to general public
    That's why it's being investigated apparently
    Sure time will tell
    The FA involved now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

FA are investigating

They have to because Holgate reported it to the ref at the time. It's just routine.

• Advertisement

• monkey9 wrote: »
    They have to because Holgate reported it to the ref at half time.

Yea I know, why explain to me

Don't shoot the messenger
    That's why it's being investigated apparently
    Sure time will tell
    The FA involved now

The whole incident is on camera, you can see Holgate say to the ref "he called me a n*****" or something to that effect. The ref then went and reported it to the 4th official. Since then it seems the whole incident has been totted up to a misunderstanding, the FA are still obliged to investigate it due to it being reported but it's nothing more than a formality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

*shoots M! Ck^*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yea I know, why explain to me

Just trying to calm you down.

Misunderstood? The ref and every other player right there had no issue.
    Maybe it was intentionally misunderstood? (if we can throw around accusations).

Maybe. Holgate either decided in his own mind what he heard, or genuinely misunderstood. Only he knows.

• Advertisement

• The whole incident is on camera, you can see Holgate say to the ref "he called me a n*****" or something to that effect. The ref then went and reported it to the 4th official. Since then it seems the whole incident has been totted up to a misunderstanding, the FA are still obliged to investigate it due to it being reported but it's nothing more than a formality.

Not what is on twitter as I said, alot of sources saying potentially off the sky camera
    Anyway FA to investigate, let's see what happens

Will Holgate be brought up for the push? Pretty dangerous and I wouldn't have seen any issue with a straight red. A push is grand... a push into/over hoarding at full pelt is not IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »

You’re killing his hard on.

• monkey9 wrote: »

Calm down from what? Think your getting sensitive about it

Not what is on twitter as I said, alot of sources saying potentially off the sky camera

Don't believe everything you see on Twitter Mick, next you'll be telling us the world is flat, it's fake news and vaccines cause autism.

:D

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Maybe. Holgate either decided in his own mind what he heard, or genuinely misunderstood. Only he knows.
    If he said to the ref "he called me a n*****", then it's a hell of a misunderstanding, cause I doubt the ref and every other player there could have not heard it. As you say, only he knows his mind. But he should come right out and apologize having made the accusation.

Any links to all these sources? The entire incident seemed to happen on the pitch and on camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I guess Everton need to take some sort of win from the game. It's looking like nothing right now.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you see on Twitter Mick, next you'll be telling us the world is flat, it's fake news and vaccines cause autism.

Could say the same about boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Grayditch wrote: »
    I guess Everton need to take some sort of win from the game. It's looking like nothing right now.

And utd fans by the looks of it.

• If he said to the ref "he called me a n*****", then it's a hell of a misunderstanding, cause I doubt the ref and every other player there could have not heard it. As you say, only he knows his mind. But he should come right out and apologize having made the accusation.

Would look like a right fool if that's the case
    Holgate could equally be accountable if accusations deemed false
    Wonder what the action would be in reverse from the FA

Could say the same about boards

Boards does cause a lot of problems in fairness. Lads lose the run of themselves of the spelling mistakes, dole basing and lots of other stuff!!

Any links to all these sources? The entire incident seemed to happen on the pitch and on camera.
    My guess is that they are all in a certain thread. None with a single piece of evidence (just like the BBC boys).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Someone is wetting themselves with excitement

If he said to the ref "he called me a n*****", then it's a hell of a misunderstanding, cause I doubt the ref and every other player there could have not heard it. As you say, only he knows his mind. But he should come right out and apologize having made the accusation.

Oh for sure, when I first saw it I thought Holgate was trying to deflect attention from his push, for which he maybe thought he would be sent off.

After thinking more about it, it's possible that as a young lad he is triggered to over-react to everything and defaulted to "that's racist!" when Fermino gave him an earful in a language he didn't understand.

We shouldn't underestimate the power of social conditioning.

• fullstop wrote: »
    Someone is wetting themselves with excitement

You should really take a piss if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

The BBC got all excited when it happened - a real Mersey derby - then suddenly started looking for sinister motives at half time - as an Evertonian lit seams like a storm in a tea cup - things get said in football , you move on - maybe I'm just old school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Biggest piece of evidence against it happening is Everton fans not trying to claim a penalty for it.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

It's funny, he was very disbelieving of twitter when jose was making a clown of himself in the tunnel the other week and kept asking for "evidence"...how things change

You should really take a piss if that's the case

Nope :rolleyes:

It's funny, he was very disbelieving of twitter when jose was making a clown of himself in the tunnel the other week and kept asking for "evidence"...how things change

Hadn't realised Jose was at Liverpool v Everton match
    Btw it's being reported by the media too not just twitter
    Careful not wee with excitement

Hadn't realised Jose was at Liverpool v Everton match
    Btw it's being reported by the media too not just twitter
    Careful not wee with excitement

Try harder :)

Try harder :)

Try harder at what?

Try harder at what?
    At the media isn't full of the same stuff twitter is.
    And the media is also reporting that Holgate got it wrong.

• Advertisement

• At the media isn't full of the same stuff twitter is.
    And the media is also reporting that Holgate got it wrong.

Grand, as I said let's see what the FA say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

fullstop wrote: »

icon14.png

Mick gonna Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Grand, as I said let's see what the FA say

You want it so much, you can almost taste it.

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    icon14.png

Mick gonna Mick

Loyd Gona Loyd ;)

• Grayditch wrote: »
    You want it so much, you can almost taste it.

Taste the FA? Weird stuff

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement