Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with manager

Options
  • 05-01-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I am Currently on sick
    Leave since August last year after being diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Before this I had been on maternity leave.

However while I’ve been off a new manager has been appointed- this is someone I have past experience with. To cut a long story short, she bullied me. And I am
    Not sure I can return to the same team with her as my manager.

What can I do? I’d like to request a transfer to a different team
    Many thanks for any helps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You are entitled to return to the job you had before you went on maternity leave as your employer cannot discriminate against you, but you are not entitled to return to a different job. Just be aware, the bar for proving bullying has now been set a lot higher than it used to be due to recent legal rulings so you may not be in a position to demand a change of position.

Advertisement