Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible I could be pregnant

Options
  • 05-01-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, feel a bit silly posting here but Google had no answers ☺️ Myself and my partner have recently (as of last week) started ttc, my period was due today - it's usually bang on time and I'm wondering now if I could be pregnant? Either way we are both very excited for what the future brings 😀 thanks for the replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Last week?

No, you would have missed ovulation.

Ovulation is typically 2 weeks before your period, you generally need to have sex a day or two before ovulation in order to get pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

clipclop8 wrote: »
    Hi, feel a bit silly posting here but Google had no answers ☺️ Myself and my partner have recently (as of last week) started ttc, my period was due today - it's usually bang on time and I'm wondering now if I could be pregnant? Either way we are both very excited for what the future brings 😀 thanks for the replies!

Are you tracking BBT or using ovulation sticks? If not then there is no way to know when you ovulated and that would account for the late period. The time from ovulation to your period is (relatively) fixed. You could only have gotten pregnant in the fertile window around ovulation. If it has only been a week, even if you ovulated late this month (giving you a late period) it is too soon to tell if you are pregnant. If it hasn’t showed up in 3-4 days I’d test then maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Taking charge of your fertility is a brilliant book which might help in your ttc journey and get you used to how your body gears up for ovulation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

As others have said, you ovulate approx 14 days before your period arrives. The egg only is viable for less than a day, but sperm can live for up to 5 days - so it’s generally best to have sex a day or two before you ovulate. If you only had sex a week ago, pregnancy is unlikely.

Best answer - take a test. Then download a fertility app and start doing some research into trying to conceive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clipclop8

Thanks all for your advice 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement