If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound system and sale

Options
  • 05-01-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hello,

I`m looking for a sound system for my living room. The size of the room is aprox. 21 sq meters. I`m interested to get a stereo system. I have found many good reviews about Q Acoustic 3050 speakers. I`m not so sure about the amplifier to set it up with them. I would like to get one that has a Bluetooth , LAN connection (I own a NAS) and DAB. I see you offer a bundle with Marantz MCR611 but I`m not so convinced about it as it gets mixed reviews. How about a Yamaha RN602 ? Is it not an overkill for the speakers ? I listen mostly to older artists like Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits etc. Is there any recommendation you could offer (including a different speakers as well) ? 
    I would also ask when the sale is going to be over ? I don`t want to miss a good deal from you ;)

Many regrads

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cristobaal wrote: »
    Hello,

I`m looking for a sound system for my living room. The size of the room is aprox. 21 sq meters. I`m interested to get a stereo system. I have found many good reviews about Q Acoustic 3050 speakers. I`m not so sure about the amplifier to set it up with them. I would like to get one that has a Bluetooth , LAN connection (I own a NAS) and DAB. I see you offer a bundle with Marantz MCR611 but I`m not so convinced about it as it gets mixed reviews. How about a Yamaha RN602 ? Is it not an overkill for the speakers ? I listen mostly to older artists like Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits etc. Is there any recommendation you could offer (including a different speakers as well) ? 
    I would also ask when the sale is going to be over ? I don`t want to miss a good deal from you ;)

Many regrads
    Hi Cristobaal.

Thanks for the post.

The 3050's are excellent speakers and reproduce a nice detailed sound.

You could run them with the MCR611 but they could operate on problem off of a higher spec'd stereo receiver.
    Paired with the 602 and you would have a very nice setup. The 602 would perform much better then the 611.
    The 602 would run these speakers with no issue. The 602 is rated at 80w and the 3050 at 100w.

I don't have much movement on these paired together but could go to £720 delivered. I would even throw in a few meter of decent quality speaker cable free of charge. (Provided you don't need 20 meters :p ) 

If you wanted to push the boat a little I could offer the RN602 with the Monitor Audio Bronze 5's for £760 delivered and again with a few meters of good quality speaker cable.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12904-black-314448.aspx

Our sale runs until around the 10th Jan but we always try our best to do deals when we can for boardies.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Cristobaal

Hello,

Many regrads
    Hi Cristobaal.

Thanks for the post.

You could run them with the MCR611 but they could operate on problem off of a higher spec'd stereo receiver.
    Paired with the 602 and you would have a very nice setup. The 602 would perform much better then the 611.
    The 602 would run these speakers with no issue. The 602 is rated at 80w and the 3050 at 100w.

I don't have much movement on these paired together but could go to £720 delivered. I would even throw in a few meter of decent quality speaker cable free of charge. (Provided you don't need 20 meters :p ) 

If you wanted to push the boat a little I could offer the RN602 with the Monitor Audio Bronze 5's for £760 delivered and again with a few meters of good quality speaker cable.

Our sale runs until around the 10th Jan but we always try our best to do deals when we can for boardies.

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will check some reviews about MA Bronze 5 and then decide. I still have to talk to my wife as this would be a birthday present for myself from herself ;) Hopefully ,even if I miss the sale I will still be able to get a nice deal from you :) 

Edit:

In your opinion are the MA Bronze 5 much better than QA 3050 ?

Many regards 

Hello,

Many regrads
    Hi Cristobaal.

Thanks for the post.

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will check some reviews about MA Bronze 5 and then decide. I still have to talk to my wife as this would be a birthday present for myself from herself ;) Hopefully ,even if I miss the sale I will still be able to get a nice deal from you :) 

Edit:

In your opinion are the MA Bronze 5 much better than QA 3050 ?

Many regards 
    Hey Cristobaal.

In my opinion the Bronze 5 are a brave bit better than the 3050.
    I use the older Bronze 6 speakers in my setup and they have been going strong for well over 10 years at this point. (Maybe I'm due an upgrade).
    I would liken to a lot of Rock and Metal but also some electronic stuff and it handles them all well.
    The NEW Bronze are even better again.

Hi Kenny,

I wonder, as the sale is over now for Q Acoustics 3050 and they are back to regular price, how much you would charge me for Yamaha Rn602 (black) and matte 3050 ? 

Hi Kenny,

I wonder, as the sale is over now for Q Acoustics 3050 and they are back to regular price, how much you would charge me for Yamaha Rn602 (black) and matte 3050 ? 
    Hi Cristobaal.

Retail has went back up to £549.00 on the 3050 speakers.

For the RN602 and the 3050 they now retail for £898.00. You would now be looking at a deal price of £800 on these together. We are currently out of stock on the RN602 and waiting on fresh stock arriving.

I could also still offer the original price on the Bronze 5 with the RN602 of £760.00

• Advertisement

I still can`t decide whether to buy QA 3050 or MA Bronze 5. I may just go for a trip to your store in Blefast and listen to both sets of speakers and then buy one. It`s a long trip for me though as I live in Galway so that`s has to planned first with my wife :D I will let you know before so we can arrange all details.

I still can`t decide whether to buy QA 3050 or MA Bronze 5. I may just go for a trip to your store in Blefast and listen to both sets of speakers and then buy one. It`s a long trip for me though as I live in Galway so that`s has to planned first with my wife :D I will let you know before so we can arrange all details.
    No problem, let us know a day or so beforehand and we can have that ready for you!

Hello Kenny,

I have organized a little bit of time next Friday 30th of March so I could finally come over and test some speakers and ampli. What I`m interested is:

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

I also saw that you have recommended a new Monitor Audio 300 https://www.richersounds.com/moni-audio-monitor-300-blk.html
    How are they compared to the speakers above ? Would you have all the equipment available for testing ? 
    What is the best price for those combo ? I see QA 3050 are slightly discounted for Eastern sale ;) 

Kind regards

Hello Kenny,

I have organized a little bit of time next Friday 30th of March so I could finally come over and test some speakers and ampli. What I`m interested is:

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

I also saw that you have recommended a new Monitor Audio 300 https://www.richersounds.com/moni-audio-monitor-300-blk.html
    How are they compared to the speakers above ? Would you have all the equipment available for testing ? 
    What is the best price for those combo ? I see QA 3050 are slightly discounted for Eastern sale ;) 

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

That would be no problem at all for Friday 30th March.

I have all the items listed above in stock and on display for demo. 
    The New Monitor Audio Monitor 300's sound very good indeed and would possible pip the Bronze 5's and the 3050's. although each sound different so it depends what type of sound you like.

The RN602 with the Bronze 5 I could offer at £839.00
    RN602 with the 3050's I could offer at £809.00
    The RN602 with the Monitor 300's for £826.00

I could also throw in a few meters of decent quality speaker cable free of charge with any of the above deals.

What time would be thinking of arriving at the store on the 30th? It's Good Friday so I will need to 100% confirm our opening hours.

Hello Kenny,

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

The New Monitor Audio Monitor 300's sound very good indeed and would possible pip the Bronze 5's and the 3050's. although each sound different so it depends what type of sound you like.

I could also throw in a few meters of decent quality speaker cable free of charge with any of the above deals.

What time would be thinking of arriving at the store on the 30th? It's Good Friday so I will need to 100% confirm our opening hours.
    Thank you for a fast replay. I'll be coming from Galway so that's a quite a trip. I'm thinking to be in your store some time between 11 a.m.-12 p.m. I will bring some music with me like mp3 and flac to test it out. Then I decide what sounds the best for me. Please let me know what hours are you open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Mod Snipped

Hello Kenny,

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

Thank you for a fast replay. I'll be coming from Galway so that's a quite a trip. I'm thinking to be in your store some time between 11 a.m.-12 p.m. I will bring some music with me like mp3 and flac to test it out. Then I decide what sounds the best for me. Please let me know what hours are you open.
    Hey Cristobaal.

I will confirm our opening hours but I would say they will be either 10am - 4pm or 11am - 5pm. Either way we should be able to look after the demo for you at the time required.

As soon as I confirm the opening hours I will pop a post to you.

Hello Kenny,

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

Hey Cristobaal.

I will confirm our opening hours but I would say they will be either 10am - 4pm or 11am - 5pm. Either way we should be able to look after the demo for you at the time required.

That`s great I will definitely be there. Just one more question, I saw that you have a great price for a W[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]harfedale diamond 230. It looks like they are not as great as my first choice (QA 3050 or MAB 5) but the price wise they could be a brilliant bargain. Would you have them available in store for testing ? If I could save a little bit on speakers then maybe I could get a decent CD player as well :)[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Kind regards[/font]

Hello Kenny,

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

Hey Cristobaal.

That`s great I will definitely be there. Just one more question, I saw that you have a great price for a W[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]harfedale diamond 230. It looks like they are not as great as my first choice (QA 3050 or MAB 5) but the price wise they could be a brilliant bargain. Would you have them available in store for testing ? If I could save a little bit on speakers then maybe I could get a decent CD player as well :)[/font]

Hey Cristobaal.

Still waiting on confirmation of our opening hours. it's looking like it maybe 1pm - 5pm instead now.

The Wharfedale speakers sound good but you could not compare them to the MA or the QA's. We do have the 230 here for demo also.

Hello Kenny,

Yamaha RN602 with:

Q Acoustics 3050
    Monitor Audio Bronze 5

Kind regards
    Hi Cristobaal.

Hey Cristobaal.

Hey Cristobaal.

Still waiting on confirmation of our opening hours. it's looking like it maybe 1pm - 5pm instead now.

The Wharfedale speakers sound good but you could not compare them to the MA or the QA's. We do have the 230 here for demo also.
    Thank you for a quick reply. I will test them anyway if it`s not a problem and then decide. Once you know the opening hours please let me know so I can arrange the day. Thanks a lot !!

No problem Cristobaal.

Hopefully I'll know 100% tomorrow.

Hi Kenny,

Any update on opening hours ?

Hi Kenny,

Hi Cristobaal.

We will be open:

11am - 5pm on Good Friday 30th March
    Normal hours 10am - 5pm on the 31st.
    Closed on Easter Sunday the 1st April 
    Then 1pm - 5pm on East Monday the 2nd April.

Hi Kenny,

Hi Cristobaal.

We will be open:

That's great, I'll be there after 11 a.m. so. Cya! 

Hi Kenny,

Hi Cristobaal.

We will be open:

That's great, I'll be there after 11 a.m. so. Cya! 
    Hi Cristobaal.

No problem at all.

I will pop you into our Demo book and make sure the first set of speakers are ready for you arriving.

If you could PM you name and a contact number I will get the demo room booked.

• Advertisement

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your help. I visited the Belfast shop on Friday to try a few speakers for demo and finally decided to go for QA 3050 and Yamaha Rn602. The system is already installed and running perfectly in my house !! Once more I appreciate your help, especially Aaron`s  for his patience ;)
    I`ll be back sometime this year to get a CD player as well. You have got a regular customer :)

Many regards !! 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your help. I visited the Belfast shop on Friday to try a few speakers for demo and finally decided to go for QA 3050 and Yamaha Rn602. The system is already installed and running perfectly in my house !! Once more I appreciate your help, especially Aaron`s  for his patience ;)
    I`ll be back sometime this year to get a CD player as well. You have got a regular customer :)

Many regards !! 
    Thanks Cristo,

Really appreciated and I do hope that you enjoy the system for many years :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.