Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire and Fury free audio book

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Erm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

not really a bargain.
    you can sign up like that anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I wasn't aware of it.... Likely to be the biggest seller of 2018...for free on audible. Great that you were aware of it. But I'm sure there are many others like me that wanted to "read" the hook that were not aware.might jot be a bargain to you or many like you. But certainly was for me. And I am sure I am not alone.

I'll leave it up to the mods to remove if they see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Thanks for the heads up OP, was going to buy a hard copy of this next week. I've had a free audible download sitting on my amazon account for ages but didn't realise it would include new books like this, so cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thanks OP was not aware that this was available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

not really a bargain.
    you can sign up like that anytime.

So it’s an anytime bargain then, thanks Mr Obvious!

And thanks OP for the heads up, I had forgetting all about the free trial as I am sure many others have done too despite having downloaded the app previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

frag420 wrote: »
    So it’s an anytime bargain then, thanks Mr Obvious!

And thanks OP for the heads up, I had forgetting all about the free trial as I am sure many others have done too despite having downloaded the app previously!

its mr caramelchoc to you you little "£$$%x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

You can actually get a three month free offer. So after fire and fury, cheer yourself up with something lighter.
    Taken from hotdeals.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZSL6K28?tag=hotukdeals062-21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Thanks OP. I forgot about the free trial too. Is it too late to get 3-months vs 1-month?

I used one Audible credit to get Fire and Fury. I know Echo allows you to play Audible books. But it doesn't show up for me there. Is there is some way to push it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

worth reading/listening just cuz of the sheer effort Trump has put into trying to stop its publishing and discredit all sources

I got that too but couldn't be arsed reading it on the phone which led to me looking for the audible copy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Cheers op... Just an update I went to cancel the membership afterwards and it's asks ya why and gives a few reasons... If you hit too expensive and continue to cancel it gives you another free credit to use... After this cancel and all is good...

So basically buy one get one free and pay noting.....

Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Cheers op... Just an update I went to cancel the membership afterwards and it's asks ya why and gives a few reasons... If you hit too expensive and continue to cancel it gives you another free credit to use... After this cancel and all is good...

I just done that and it worked thanks,anyone have recommendations for a second book?,i was thinking about game of thrones but not sure :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I just done that and it worked thanks,anyone have recommendations for a second book?,i was thinking about game of thrones but not sure :confused:

"Lincoln In The Bardo'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

The Art of the Deal perhaps ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sign up for Amazon's audible sub and get the first month free. Cancel anytime (much like their prime deal)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/audible/thankyou/**?_encoding=UTF8&ref=adbl_aw_unknwn_ty_tr_hz&membershipAsin=B00OPA2XFG&ASIN=B078SFVJVP&oid=D01-4587073-0776661&mbr=trial

Enjoy!

Cheers OP. For some reason I got a 90 day free trial!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

Thanks OP. Got it this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭xraylady

Thanks for the tip on ‘too expensive’ Two books downloaded and membership cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Bollox - I did that but assumed you had to stay for another month to get the extra free credit. Ah well it'll be a while yet before I get through all the audiobooks I have in the library.

I am surprised they let you listen to your library after you cancel. You'd think they'd only allow access to audiobooks you buy outright which usually cost over £20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I've joined borrowbox which is a free app from your local library and it suits me better than kindle at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sure the stable genius himself (like 'really smart*') reckons it's sloppy and phony. *tbc
    First it was fake news, now it's fake books.

Will remain undecided as to the factualities of the contents, but needless to say paperback fiction is still one the best FMCG categories to flog these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

I signed up to audible.com and they give you 3 credits straight away. Just went to cancel there and they offered 3 months half price and your next free book immediately . So that's 7 dollars at this stage for 4 books ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Thanks for this op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

link not working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Sign up for Amazon's audible sub and get the first month free. Cancel anytime (much like their prime deal)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/audible/thankyou/**?_encoding=UTF8&ref=adbl_aw_unknwn_ty_tr_hz&membershipAsin=B00OPA2XFG&ASIN=B078SFVJVP&oid=D01-4587073-0776661&mbr=trial

Enjoy!

I too read OpenCulture.com :pac:

http://www.openculture.com/2018/01/how-to-download-fire-and-fury-inside-the-trump-white-house-now-as-a-free-audiobook.html

Thanks a mil, curiosity might get the better of me regarding the publicity surrounding this book!

EDIT: Link in OP not working any more.

Advertisement