Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbus rolls out first A321neo ACF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The external design of this aircraft (new door config) will be the base of the A321LR which we'll be seeing a lot more of in the near future with Aer Lingus ordering 8 of them so far. 

I always thought the A321 was the ugly duckling of the Airbus narrow body line up until the NEO came along, now it's one of the best looking out there in my opinion!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think I missed something along the way. (Probably read it 3 years ago and forgot)
    Is the ACF seperate to the standard A321neo? Or is it a 3rd version?
    I just thought they were offering A321neo and A321LR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The raccoon bandit mask was all they needed to add to make it transatlantic capable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

", the A321neo offers a reduction in fuel consumption of at least 15 percent per seat from day one and 20 percent by 2020."

How will they reduce consumption by a further 5% in two years? By further design improvents or is there a run-in improvement that I'm not aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Tenger wrote: »
    I think I missed something along the way. (Probably read it 3 years ago and forgot)
    Is the ACF seperate to the standard A321neo? Or is it a 3rd version?
    I just thought they were offering A321neo and A321LR.

I think the ACF (Airbus Cabin Flex) version allows for the higher density config, up to 240 seats. It will be the standard neo config from 2020 apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Odelay wrote: »
    ", the A321neo offers a reduction in fuel consumption of at least 15 percent per seat from day one and 20 percent by 2020."

How will they reduce consumption by a further 5% in two years? By further design improvents or is there a run-in improvement that I'm not aware of?

My reading of it is the ACF is a 3rd variant option currently , which offers an extra 5% than the Neo but will become the standard NEO version come 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No more the L/R2 door does make a difference in cabin real estate, 2 seats and several inches of space back.

I can't recall EI ever using the L/R2 door on the A321, too close to the wing and engine

It also means the wing box/fuselage section is common with the A320

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

No more the L/R2 door does make a difference in cabin real estate, 2 seats and several inches of space back.

I can't recall EI ever using the L/R2 door on the A321, too close to the wing and engine

The only thing is it makes the business class experience less private and relaxed as the cattle trudge their way through to economy while business class are trying to sip their champers during boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Walked through the front on A330 and 777 many a time to L1.

To get the door to work Airbus would have to move the door forward 1-2 frames as the wing is too close.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Walked through the front on A330 and 777 many a time to L1.

To get the door to work Airbus would have to move the door forward 1-2 frames as the wing is too close.
    Yeah I believe the engine is considered to close to the moving jet bridge or steps and so airlines generally don’t use 2L on the current A321. So I guess they decided to drop that design entirely in favour of more seats and over wing exits.
    I wonder where the economy Lavs will be?
    All the way at the rear or doors 3, or should that technically be doors 2 on this design ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI used to board from L2 door a long time ago. I remember it very clearly from my time there.

The little galley was beside door L2 and there was a huge amount of space ay the door for boarding.
    It probably stopped post 2003/4 wjen EI stopped focusing the A321 on their LHR route.

Advertisement