Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a big TV for around 300euro

Options
  • 06-01-2018 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So I need a second TV and I want a big TV. I want a proper TV.
    Do not want all the fads that are on a TV like UHD or Smart. No interest in any of that. I just want a nice big flat screen TV like they were about 4 or 5 years ago when they made proper TVs. A 49 inch or 50 inch would be great. Still raging I never bought they 50 inch Sharp TV in Tesco a few years ago. It was super value for a lovely TV. Will pay 300 euro no more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭cletus

AMKC wrote: »
    So I need a second TV and I want a big TV. I want a proper TV.
    Do not want all the fads that are on a TV like UHD or Smart. No interest in any of that. I just want a nice big flat screen TV like they were about 4 or 5 years ago when they made proper TVs. A 49 inch or 50 inch would be great. Still raging I never bought they 50 inch Sharp TV in Tesco a few years ago. It was super value for a lovely TV. Will pay 300 euro no more.

Cool. It's always nice to hear people's plans. Good to see you've set yourself a budget too. Anyway, best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

You wont get any sort of screen that size for 300 euro.

Maybe add another 100 for the most budget brand/non brand name tv or look at (42 - 48") or look at second hand sets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Spotted a few in Tesco. 42 inch for 299

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    You wont get any sort of screen that size for 300 euro.

Maybe add another 100 for the most budget brand/non brand name tv or look at (42 - 48") or look at second hand sets

Actually your wrong

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/electriq-49-inch-full-hd-1080p-android-smart-led-tv-with-freeview-hd-eiq-49fhdt2sm

But I think this

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/lg-49lj515v-full-hd-led-tv-49lj515v

Would be a better buy.

Awe well I can dream.

I bought **** TVs before and said never again after it stopped working.

That LG would be lovely.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

49"Samsung on hukd at the moment for £289

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

AMKC wrote: »
    Actually your wrong
    I think he meant any decent quality one. I am not sure of what to expect these days, but I do remember a good few years back my housemate going out saying he was getting a 42" screen, think it was maybe 800-1000. I checked reviews and it looked great, 1080p ticked all the boxes. Then he arrives home with a 50" LG which was only 720 resolution, he was delighted as it was "the same price", but it is brutal. The 42" would have been a much better viewing experience, now you have a bit 50" making all the flaws more visible.

Those could be genuine bargains you picked out, I really don't know, just watch out.

Advertisement