Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs on the prom

Options
  • 06-01-2018 12:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Was walking the prom earlier, seen a dog off it’s lead take a dump about 3meters behind its owners, some lad running pointed out that they should pick it up and the owners a couple got very aggressive. Shouting at the man saying it wasn’t there dog n telling him to F.off. We need more people like this, self policing on the prom. Dog owners who leave **** on the prom are the worse type of humans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i agree 100% unless it actually wasn't their dog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was walking the prom earlier, seen a dog off it’s lead take a dump about 3meters behind its owners, some lad running pointed out that they should pick it up and the owners a couple got very aggressive. Shouting at the man saying it wasn’t there dog n telling him to F.off. We need more people like this, self policing on the prom. Dog owners who leave **** on the prom are the worse type of humans

I told the then-candidate for GCC about the "Green Walker" scheme they had in my home suburb. He told me it was up to people to bring and dispose of their own dog poo. So I don't expect things to change, as for self-policing, I've always advocated for it, it's not a popular concept. As there are so few public role models for it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Love your dog, respect your city

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

. Dog owners who leave **** on the prom are the worse type of humans

Agree it's a ****ty thing to do.

Not sure it's humanity's worst though ....

Is it worse than lads who pee in the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Last time I was on prom with dog was years and years ago. Was down towards the Claddagh end where there's a green area. I think this was an area for dog walkers? The amount of ...t was on an industrial scale. It was everywhere. Disgusting. Is this section a dedicated area for dog walkers and is it still filthy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Is it worse than lads who pee in the street?

No. The p1ss will wash away with the next shower, which will probably be no more than 10 mins after said p1ss, given we live in Galway

Sh1te (from any creature) will stay there for a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

As a dog owner it pisses me off to see dirty feckers not picking up after their dogs.Once a week put out a plain clothes dog warden and fine the ****e out of them.Nothing else will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's a big problem all over the city. I have said it before on previous threads but it was the first thing my wife noticed when she first visited Galway. No sense of pride at all. Might have something to do with the amount of students coming in from outside the city who see it as their own personal p1ssing pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

I don't think many students bring their dog to collage to live with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

People who litter the beach too!

I saw one guy pack up his family, fold away the blanket and what not.... two empty 2ltr 7up bottles and he chucked them in to the rocks, the beach opposite Coco cafe.

I pulled him up on it and he denied it but a bunch of other people chimed in and said they saw him too.... he was thick as an ass but he went and got them.

Dick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

As a dog owner it pisses me off to see dirty feckers not picking up after their dogs.Once a week put out a plain clothes dog warden and fine the ****e out of them.Nothing else will work.

So obvious but the Council don't have the common sense. A few well publicised fines & it will stop. I thought they had cctv on the prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

topcat77 wrote: »

Sorry about that. You're right. I did a bad job editing my post before hitting submit. I had something about the state of restrooms in the city, the litter down by Nun's Island, out the Spanish Arch and the west end but deleted it without removing that line. Wanted to stay on point and then ended up taking off point anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

topcat77 wrote: »

Unless they're art students maybe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

As a dog owner I 100% agree, it drives me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

What really grinds my gears is those retractable leashes when the owner lets the leash play out 20 feet creating a trip-wire across the entire path. Most people have some self-awareness but it happens often enough that its hard to get by. Obviously you don't want to upset the owner or the dog so you're forced to slow down or stop, sigh, and wait for a chance to pass.

What really grinds my gears is those retractable leashes when the owner lets the leash play out 20 feet creating a trip-wire across the entire path. Most people have some self-awareness but it happens often enough that its hard to get by. Obviously you don't want to upset the owner or the dog so you're forced to slow down or stop, sigh, and wait for a chance to pass.

A little upset can go a long way to changing behaviour

Advertisement