Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door bell transformer

Options
  • 06-01-2018 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Anyone got suggestions on where they hide the door bell transformer in a 15 year old house. its not on the main power board (that i can see) , nor in the alarm box?

only low voltage at the chime and bell

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

it might not be clipped onto the din rail in the board, but i've seen them installed inside the fuse boards before.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

thanks will check

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It could be part of the chime itself.
    Some chimes are battery powered so there is no traffo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

2011 wrote: »
    It could be part of the chime itself.
    Some chimes are battery powered so there is no traffo

Always a possibility, if you have a multi-meter check at the switch for AC or DC volts.
    If DC, its probably battery powered.
    If AC, there's a transformer hidden somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Always a possibility, if you have a multi-meter check at the switch for AC or DC volts.
    If DC, its probably battery powered.
    If AC, there's a transformer hidden somewhere.

Yeah happened me. Spent an hour or so looking for a transformer, couldn't find one.

Went to the bell box, couldn't see any batteries, found out they were hidden behind a cover, no indication it was battery powered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

it might not be clipped onto the din rail in the board, but i've seen them installed inside the fuse boards before.

Correct, had to pull the cover off and it fell down, thx

Advertisement