Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open zone not detected

Options
  • 06-01-2018 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I have recently installed a HKC 1070 in a new build. Initially I wired ext and I think bells, 2 keypads, 3 PIRs (zones 2,3,4) and a panic button (zone 1). I have started connecting door sensors and the first one I got to was the front door (zone 8). When I connect the sensor and open the door the zone is not being detected as open.

I disconnected the wire at the board to see if the open zone would be detected then, but it was still not detected with nothing connected to it. For test purposes I removed the connections from zone 10 and the open zone was detected.

I see on the panel zone 8 is a point ID bus, but I have checked and the hardware is set to no EOL. Is there something I am missing?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the zone programmed as alarm or entry exit?
    Have you tried it on another zone you know is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Odellius

The zone is set as entry exit, definitely not a sensor issue as even when nothing connected to the outputs for zone 8 it is not reporting open zone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has zone 8 been set up for Point ID by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Odellius

No it is showing under zone hardware as non EOL. Is there any where else it could be set to point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Odellius wrote: »
    No it is showing under zone hardware as non EOL. Is there any where else it could be set to point

Sounds like an issue with the zone on the board.
    If you disconnect everything from it is should show open once set up as non end of line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement