Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storey and half dormer attic insulation

• 06-01-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

5 year old house. All external walls have kingspan and insulated plasterboard. All grand. However parts of the house are cold and especially upstairs is hard to hold heat. The attic insulated with kingspan and rock wool.

However on closer inspection of the attic I have noticed the following:

1) attic knee wall - where cavity block and roof meets at both gable ends. The top of this is open to the cold air in the attic meaning the cold air is going down the cavity walls throughout the house. I assume this is causing problems for heat retention.

2) the roof slope dormer. Only half the dormer is insulated. The slope which can be accessed from the attic. The other half of the slope appears to only have kingspan with no rock wool. When I look down from the attic I can see the gap in the fascia. I assume this is also causing heat loss.

Are these causing my heat loss problems and what are my options?

Advertisement